Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 05-21-2024, 12:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rader [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Exactly why Shared Bank slots are a no brainer

How many things are banned because it leads to GM petitions?

Ban drop transfers, save the GMs their time for more worthy endeavors
It's a weird line to draw in the sand if you're using an unclassic client to begin with.

Maybe they find martyrdom strategically important.
Old 05-21-2024, 12:46 AM
Planar Protector

Shared bank would sorta replicate the fact even I (a dirty filthy casual) had 2 accounts to access virtually whenever i wished to swap stuff.
No 2 boxing here (cough) so it would, as peeps mentioned not take too much away from classic and release gms to do uva better stuff.

Using a second box (usually a 50's drood) i would just use it to defo stop a death from a case of the stoopid or rng.
Swapping stuff was just the bonus.

And i know, i was using 2boxing wrong... fucken noob.
Old 05-21-2024, 01:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shared bank would sorta replicate the fact even I (a dirty filthy casual) had 2 accounts to access virtually whenever i wished to swap stuff.
No 2 boxing here (cough) so it would, as peeps mentioned not take too much away from classic and release gms to do uva better stuff.

Using a second box (usually a 50's drood) i would just use it to defo stop a death from a case of the stoopid or rng.
Swapping stuff was just the bonus.

And i know, i was using 2boxing wrong... fucken noob.
Raiders all have an IP exemption so they can /q and instant login, it's silliness, Dalaya got this right years ago.
Old 05-21-2024, 01:41 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulgasari [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's a weird line to draw in the sand
One of the devs said years ago they can do non-classic stuff as they see fit.
And when you are 66% of a year behind on volunteer work this can be one of those things.

The last time I checked, which was years ago, they were 6 months behind on IR requests.

And years before that I waited approximately 3 months to get handfuls of spells and mage stuff restored. All these anecdotes are possible proof of the need for shared bank slots.
Old 05-21-2024, 01:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuanahto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All these anecdotes are possible proof of the need for shared bank slots.
I don't think they want efficiency. Effort is a useful cudgel to wield against the playerbase.
Old 05-21-2024, 02:27 AM
Planar Protector

Yesterday, after practicing shurikens on my wizard, i accidentally autoequipped my Idol of the Underking on to the ground and it rot before I realised. Out of solidarity for the staff (and players with legit serious claims) I resisted creating a reimbursement petition.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 05-21-2024, 10:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rader [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Exactly why Shared Bank slots are a no brainer

How many things are banned because it leads to GM petitions?

Ban drop transfers, save the GMs their time for more worthy endeavors
I don't think drop transfers cost the GMs any time at all. My understanding is they don't reimburse for lost items due to a drop transfer gone wrong.
Old 05-21-2024, 12:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think drop transfers cost the GMs any time at all. My understanding is they don't reimburse for lost items due to a drop transfer gone wrong.
They do reimburse drop transfers. As long as no one else picked it up and it rotted
Old 05-21-2024, 01:41 PM
Sarnak

The description of the workflow for this makes me twitch. This should really be a script that the GM reviews and selects yes or no for each reimbursement and then it just automatically does everything directly on the DB/logging systems to restore the items directly from outside the game.

Dev time is precious though, and I'm sure there's complications building that in a secure and reliable way. But damn, that workflow just hurts so bad to read.

Sanctum Low Man Vindi Kill: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyZfNjvsDRE
Old 05-21-2024, 02:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thGate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The description of the workflow for this makes me twitch. This should really be a script that the GM reviews and selects yes or no for each reimbursement and then it just automatically does everything directly on the DB/logging systems to restore the items directly from outside the game.

Dev time is precious though, and I'm sure there's complications building that in a secure and reliable way. But damn, that workflow just hurts so bad to read.
I'm a professional UX developer who has offered to code something better up for them in the past.

They never took me up on the offer, so we can only assume they are happy with their current tooling.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.