Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 05:56 PM
Kobold

I started out with an Erudite paladin on release day. I got lost in the forest at night because I couldn't see and got killed by the poachers. I must have died an additional 15 times just trying to find my corpses. So I got pissed and logged out.

That night a friend (who rolled up a human ranger, hah!) told me that half-elves could see at night, but at that point I had rolled up a DE necromancer and was having a blast. I ended up making him my main to 50 before Kunark. It wasn't until later that I rolled up a half-elf paladin on a whim and ended up playing him to 47. One night in Sol B waiting for a rez it occurred to me that playing a hybrid paladin really sucked, I couldn't hit the broadside of a barn, and my usefulness was determined by my LoH being available for the main tank and my ability to take one for the team to buy enough time for the cleric to log out in the event of an impending wipe. I looted my corpse, logged out, rolled a DE rogue and played him to 60. Never playing the paladin again.

So, the moral of this drivel - paladins annoy me, both back in Live and now in P99.

Azorath
Last edited by TheBlackSheep; 09-27-2011 at 06:05 PM..
Old 09-27-2011, 07:34 PM
Kobold

Most bards here in a static group play 1 song/afk the whole time, so I don't find them to be particularly beneficial. But then again I play a mage and I spend a lot of time meditating too. Anyone who can help the group who is actually paying attention is welcome in my groups.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:22 PM
Fire Giant

Personally I can't stand AE kiting 50 mobs for an hour (plus I'm not very good at it). In groups I'm more than happy to twist 3 or 4 songs, cover CC and/or fill out a needed role - just send a tell.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:41 PM
Fire Giant

Hybrids.

On live I was ignorant to the group exp penalty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwoth View Post
What is griefing to you anyway? Getting killed without a white glove to the left cheek and a formal declaration of imminent fisticuffs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceros View Post
If you guys hadn't noticed, mimix ownz all, so just give in.
Old 09-28-2011, 03:07 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackSheep [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I started out with an Erudite paladin on release day. I got lost in the forest at night because I couldn't see and got killed by the poachers. I must have died an additional 15 times just trying to find my corpses. So I got pissed and logged out.

That night a friend (who rolled up a human ranger, hah!) told me that half-elves could see at night, but at that point I had rolled up a DE necromancer and was having a blast. I ended up making him my main to 50 before Kunark. It wasn't until later that I rolled up a half-elf paladin on a whim and ended up playing him to 47. One night in Sol B waiting for a rez it occurred to me that playing a hybrid paladin really sucked, I couldn't hit the broadside of a barn, and my usefulness was determined by my LoH being available for the main tank and my ability to take one for the team to buy enough time for the cleric to log out in the event of an impending wipe. I looted my corpse, logged out, rolled a DE rogue and played him to 60. Never playing the paladin again.

So, the moral of this drivel - paladins annoy me, both back in Live and now in P99.

Azorath
Yikes! That was funny.
Old 09-28-2011, 05:51 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackSheep [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It wasn't until later that I rolled up a half-elf paladin on a whim and ended up playing him to 47. One night in Sol B waiting for a rez it occurred to me that playing a hybrid paladin really sucked, I couldn't hit the broadside of a barn, and my usefulness was determined by my LoH being available for the main tank and my ability to take one for the team to buy enough time for the cleric to log out in the event of an impending wipe.

Azorath
That only proves that you sucked as a paladin, I realize we are one of the hardest classes to master and that is why you see so many bad paladins out there. On the class description it should be a warning: DON'T PICK THIS CLASS IF YOU ARE STUPID.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:52 PM
Kobold

My opinion may be slightly biased...but anyhow...

On live, I really was indifferent to Wizards, seeing their only real use was ports...

Since I've leveled so many different characters to the 50's on this server, I have had opportunities to group with good Wizards on more than one occasion and I must say, one played right can really bring killing power to a group. If paired with an Enchanter, they can finish off every other mob at 25% health...or burn down a few unwanted adds extremely fast.

They still may not be on a level of Rogue or Monk DPS, but their DPS is completely controlled dps and they can let loose on a named or extra add and completely surprise you with their killing speed. I feel they are totally underestimated on P99 sadly.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:30 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webwolf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That only proves that you sucked as a paladin, I realize we are one of the hardest classes to master and that is why you see so many bad paladins out there. On the class description it should be a warning: DON'T PICK THIS CLASS IF YOU ARE STUPID.
I'm far from stupid, but I will fully admit that I totally sucked at playing a paladin, mainly because I never really had any fun. I kept playing him thinking "oh, it will get better next level...". After 47 levels of that, I just had enough. I never got into it enough to be good at it.

Of course, I was somewhat spoiled, my main being a Necromancer that could solo in Fear.

But the fact is, paladins annoy me is because you're right, they are a challenge to play, and I haven't really run with someone who fully grasped the class, specifically in the role they play, and they were kind of a waste of a group slot.

Azorath
Old 09-28-2011, 08:32 PM
Kobold

Quote:
But the fact is, paladins annoy me is because you're right, they are a challenge to play, and I haven't really run with someone who fully grasped the class, specifically in the role they play, and they were kind of a waste of a group slot.

Azorath
Send me a tell the next time you need a tank and I'll show you how it's done. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-29-2011, 12:28 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webwolf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Send me a tell the next time you need a tank and I'll show you how it's done. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm just now coming up, but I'm sure we'll run into each other at some point. Be glad to have a real paladin helping keep my black-robed-wearing ass alive.

Azorath
Closed Thread