Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 11:14 AM
Planar Protector

Before Kunark is released (I understand this is in the future a ways), we should look at expanding the playerbase on the server a good bit. Lots of new zones is gonna mean people more thinly spread out. In 2000 that was fine, there were 110ppl in Lower Guk every day. Not so much when there's 110ppl on the whole server most afternoons :P
Old 11-15-2009, 02:48 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Before Kunark is released (I understand this is in the future a ways), we should look at expanding the playerbase on the server a good bit. Lots of new zones is gonna mean people more thinly spread out. In 2000 that was fine, there were 110ppl in Lower Guk every day. Not so much when there's 110ppl on the whole server most afternoons :P
Very much agree with this! Would hate to see all the classic zone population go poof.
Old 11-15-2009, 03:37 PM
Aviak

Yeah but people always seem to go to the best zones. My guess is that at any given level range you are going to only see one or (maybe) two zones that have any population.

Look at permafrost. I can't think of any time that has been used very much. It is pretty easy to get to from Halas, but except for raids pretty much the only people that ever went there even in the high population era were people farming things.

I think you can make a list of about 10 zones right now, and after Kunark is released about 70% of the server population will be in one of them at any given time.

I think that only a small part of the content is going to be used by a lot of people, though I'm sure the karanas and rathe mountains will have a lot of druids kiting norrath's piggy banks (giants).
Closed Thread