Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 08:46 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default EQ Tradeskills & carpal tunnel syndrome

I have noticed that now tradeskills containers wont allow recipes use. I know that in classic you had to click every single object , put it in the container and so on for each combine, but im sure that no one wants to suffer a carpal tunnel syndrome, even for raising character skills,hehehe. Please consider re-enabling of recipes , just to save us pain & suffering (Pain & suffering hits YOU for 10000 points of damage. You need a bionic hand now.) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-22-2010, 09:12 AM
Sarnak

i dont get how everquest stuff ends up here isnt this the OFFtopic forums? Not tryuing to start shit but i mean it kinda is the wrong forums :S

Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
lal yellow finally with a worthwhile zing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinamur1999

Did this need to be brought to the forums? no probably not, but now I know that faline is super dramatastic and that yellow is STILL the fuckin man
Old 04-22-2010, 10:21 AM
Fire Giant

Agree with OP.
Old 04-22-2010, 04:54 PM
Kobold

Send a message via AIM to BuzWeaver Send a message via Yahoo to BuzWeaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have noticed that now tradeskills containers wont allow recipes use. I know that in classic you had to click every single object , put it in the container and so on for each combine, but im sure that no one wants to suffer a carpal tunnel syndrome, even for raising character skills,hehehe. Please consider re-enabling of recipes , just to save us pain & suffering (Pain & suffering hits YOU for 10000 points of damage. You need a bionic hand now.) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Trade skills are a great element to the game and though I've semi-enjoyed doing them 'old school' I would have to agree that avoiding carpal tunnel wins over nostalgia. This would save me/us a lot of grief when it comes to making 'tiny bits' in smithing.

On a similar note, my Sense Heading is 53 (that's providing me a lot of carpal tunnel). [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-22-2010, 05:02 PM
Kobold

You should assign the sense heading hotkey to the same button as a commonly used hotkey. For instance if you are a melee make slam/kick button also activate sense heading.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrkskog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You should assign the sense heading hotkey to the same button as a commonly used hotkey. For instance if you are a melee make slam/kick button also activate sense heading.
Protip: Shoulda rolled up in October when we all started with max sense heading!
Old 04-22-2010, 05:21 PM
Kobold

Send a message via AIM to BuzWeaver Send a message via Yahoo to BuzWeaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrkskog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've considered that, but didn't feel like making the change. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-22-2010, 05:31 PM
Sarnak

I kind of agree, it was very convenient having the recipes. On the other hand- not classic! I can live with it, either way, and honestly, I don't expect it to change back.

On the sense heading- binding to a movement key works wonders. I've had it maxed by level 8 on every char I have that high.
Old 04-22-2010, 06:11 PM
Sarnak

me as a nec doing research for nec spells can confirm that its a pita doing "it" the old way . with more than 30 different nec only words that fill up bank and inventory slots , its hard to keep track.
even its not "classic" it would save lots of time and nerves to all that doing tradeskills if you would reenable the "modern" way of drag & combine [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

yin
Old 04-25-2010, 03:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
When I roll a new character, I assign the Sense Heading skill to a hotbar, and allow that button to be activated by both the left and right arrow keys. Then, simply by running around, I skill up in it. I was at 200 Sense Heading by level 6. Now that it's maxxed out, I took the Sense Heading skill off the hotbar and reassigned the hotkey to activate like normal (off the numpad, or whatever)
Closed Thread