Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 06:26 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I played on live, from virtually day one...

It never ceases to amaze how some folks assume that anyone who disagrees with them is somehow ignorant. Can it possibly be that people who know all about EQ, played on live, etc just simply don't agree with you???

You are talking about "need vs. greed" (whether you want to or not) because it is tied to the decision about how to allow rolling and assigning of loot.

There is a difference between fair and equal. Equal means everyone in the group gets the same thing, fair means they get the same process. It is very possible to be fair without everyone getting an equal share of the booty.

In any case, its been debated for over a decade at this point and I don't see it being brought to any special conclusion here in this thread.

The best way to avoid problems related to loot is to make sure the loot rules are clear and explained when a group forms and to tell new people who join the group. Most problems related to loot arguments happen when there are no agreed upon rules upfront and then something valuable drops. Its too late at that point to try to assign loot rules, and arguments suddenly appear.
You must be new here, you're not allowed to have a different opinion. You must think one universal thought. If you disagree with OP then you are wrong.

We should give all the loot to Mish, even if you aren't grouping pay homage and send money to the neckbeard as tribute.

Honestly, if you hate the greed that you clearly show yourself Mish, group with Guildies or play a solo class, unless you're worried your Mage pet might ninja loot whore too.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:20 AM
Aviak

Hey I'm all about difference of opinion but when you cant give me a straight answer about how greed all is more fair than alpha greed you start pissing me off. Look my personality seeps through in this game I happen to be a fair person in RL thats why persoanlly I think it's only fair if i win a 5k item its fair to sit out on the next 5k and below item because if I do I truely feel that makes me a loot whore. everyone is making a point like I never won anything thats why I'm making this post.. which isnt the case. I'm making this arguement for all the people in the situation of this bullshit loot rule. It didnt exist on my server in live except in circumstances of a full 60 group or a place that didnt have great loot. The reason I take this so seriously is because it developoes the consesus of the server from not being a bunch of jackass's who cant make a good clear point about why greed all is better than the trade geed system. So far the only point that has been made about greed all is its 100% fair because it gives everyone just as much chance to win something which is complete bullshit. It does not give a fair equal chance for everyone to win something in the group which is stupid. You know i wouldnt have such a problem with it if it wasnt a profiling tool on my server when i played live. At the end of the day what it comes down too is people who embrace a loot system such as greed all are pathetic people in RL. the same types that would ninja loot something which i have seen from people who greed all and if you could still loot people corpses watch out! This server does not do a good job of profiling idiots at higher lvl thats why there are so many of them.. On rodcet nife the server I played on I played with some of the best guilds and tons of pick up groups and never met people so pro greed all. infact if you asked for greed all you got kicked out of the group. if someone should go solo its people like you sturgeon you are the one asking random people to give you the chance to win everything in a group but you point the finger at me like i expect people to gear me when im argueing people should get just as much chance to get a item as me. understand greed allers you do not have the same chance as everyone in a group to win loot in a group because once you win something you have twice the chance to win something compared to other members BECAUSE YOU ALREADY WON SOMETHING!!! How is that so hard to figure or is it just something you block out of your mind to justify you are a pathetic loot whore?
Last edited by Mishami; 11-19-2012 at 03:36 PM..
Old 11-19-2012, 08:33 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I played on live, from virtually day one...

It never ceases to amaze how some folks assume that anyone who disagrees with them is somehow ignorant. Can it possibly be that people who know all about EQ, played on live, etc just simply don't agree with you???

You are talking about "need vs. greed" (whether you want to or not) because it is tied to the decision about how to allow rolling and assigning of loot.

There is a difference between fair and equal. Equal means everyone in the group gets the same thing, fair means they get the same process. It is very possible to be fair without everyone getting an equal share of the booty.

In any case, its been debated for over a decade at this point and I don't see it being brought to any special conclusion here in this thread.

The best way to avoid problems related to loot is to make sure the loot rules are clear and explained when a group forms and to tell new people who join the group. Most problems related to loot arguments happen when there are no agreed upon rules upfront and then something valuable drops. Its too late at that point to try to assign loot rules, and arguments suddenly appear.
You are an ignorant not because you dont agree with me but because you choose not to understand a simple point because you choose to be a greedy person. Anyone who embraces greed all like its a fair loot method is a greedy person. You shouldnt expect to be considered anything less considering you are asking for the chance to win on everything potentially leaving some members with no loot because you are greedy and expect to win all the loot. Is that hard to understand? If you put the point out there for what it is thats what it comes down to. greed rolling and need rolling are to seperate things anyone who says need rolls are potential upgrades for everyone as well and get to roll are even bigger loot whores but i think people like this and people who greed all go hand in hand. NBG was invented because people like you expecting even something someone else in the group needs for their character directly. not for a potential twink or selling to make money.. you are trying to make a point like there is a difference in the meaning of equal and fair? this just shows you have a problem with being a decent person. equal in this situation equals fair... stop trying to politic the subject and make a good point. People keep trying to make a point like its been argued since 99 and thats not how i remember i played from begining of live and it was always known that people who used greed all are just loot whores so "people who argued it back then" were still considered loot whores period doesnt matter if you dont want to realize that or not. The reason I compare loot whores to ninja looters is because they both have the same personality type.. if you had that attempt in live i dont see how you ever got into a decent guild because decent guilds on live didnt recruit people of that nature. By decent I mean ascent arirang eastern keep guilds of that nature on live. They also had strict recruitment policy's and gave you plenty enough time to prove yourself if you expected greed all when apping to their guild and a guild member seen you doing that they would not even consider your app because its pathetic to be so loot hungry and the people who had that mentality eventually went on the ninja something at a raid. Really i dont care if this makes a difference just gives me a list of people who are pathetic enough not to group with.
Last edited by Mishami; 11-19-2012 at 03:37 PM..
Old 11-19-2012, 08:47 AM
Planar Protector

Why don't people realize that this game mimics real life. There are super nice people and total assholes in both. It ain't going to change.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:46 AM
Sarnak

Greed is a funny concept, I remember on live as an enchanter every single melee in my group would "need" the FBSS at the frenzy camp. Some did legitimately need it, others turned around and muled their win or as they explained "gave it to friends"(aka selling it in EC). These same sketchbags would then call "need" though they've won one (and when called out would avoid me in their groups). The same courtesy wasn't given to me when camping the SMR, warriors demanding rolls for "their friends". So you can't justify everything by "being the nice guy", what is fair is having equal shot at a loot for the time given. There's nothing wrong with greeding a tradable item if you put in the time. No one really 'needs' anything, it would help but it's not an essential item to their class.

So if you value NBG above all else then find yourself some friends or guildies to match playtime, don't get butt hurt if a random stranger wants a "fair roll". If you really look into it, the very same people who call need on something are really the greedy one for trying to deny loot to the 5 others who helped as much. You cannot keep track of everyone's loot history on a pick up group, be practical and just random with strangers. As for the same person who looted 5 times, if it bothered you then you should have spoken the moment he won 2~3 items. The fact it went on to 5 items shows you got nothing to complain about. This passive aggressive pms'ing attitude does not help to remedy the situation. If you don't like something then speak up about it, and avoid the greedtards that would take 5 items in a row without qualm.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:56 AM
Orc

Even if someone won 5 greeds in a row, that's such a rare occurrence that everyone ought to be amazed rather than annoyed. If you demand that person hand over their winnings because you think they won too much, that's a lot like asking someone to share their lottery winnings with you because you drove the guy to the gas station so he could buy his ticket. Now that is an extreme example, so I also want to say that you're not an asshole if you ask your groupmate who's on the winning streak to let it spread around a bit, but you can't be mad at him if he doesn't want to do that.

Mishami, you are failing completely to even attempt understanding or compromise. We've already shown you why simple greed rolling is fair and you refuse to recognize it. There isn't anymore we can do.

If it really bothers you that much, then you're just going to have to tell groups you only NBG, and if they don't want to do that, you just don't join that group. If you can't deal with it, then that's your only option.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:53 AM
Planar Protector

In the long run... everyone randoming on everything evens out. Why is that so difficult a concept for you understand? Random processes can be streaky, they're random. If you roll a die 6 times you could end up with a 6 all of those times (although unlikely), if you roll a die 500 times you're probably going to see a very even distribution between all the numbers. You clearly can't see the forest for the trees.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishami [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are an ignorant not because you dont agree with me but because you choose not to understand a simple point because you are a greedy person. Anone who embraces greed all like its a fair loot method is a greedy person. You shouldnt expect to be considered anything less considering you are asking for the chance to win on everything potentially leaving some members with no loot because you are greedy and expect to win all the loot. Is that hard to understand? If you put the point out there for what it is thats what it comes down to. greed rolling and need rolling are to seperate things anyone who says need rolls are potential upgrades for everyone as well and get to roll are even bigger loot whores but i think people like this and people who greed all go hand in hand. NBG was invented because people like you expecting even something someone else in the group needs for their character directly. not for a potential twink or selling to make money.. you are trying to make a point like there is a difference in the meaning of equal and fair? this just shows you have a problem with being a decent person. equal in this situation equals fair... stop trying to politic the subject and make a good point. People keep trying to make a point like its been argued since 99 and thats not how i remember i played from begining of live and it was always known that people who used greed all are just loot whores so "people who argued it back then" were still considered loot whores period doesnt matter if you dont want to realize that or not. The reason I compare loot whores to ninja looters is because they both have the same personality type.. if you had that attempt in live i dont see how you ever got into a decent guild because decent guilds on live didnt recruit people of that nature. By decent I mean ascent arirang eastern keep guilds of that nature on live. They also had strict recruitment policy's and gave you plenty enough time to prove yourself if you expected greed all when apping to their guild and a guild member seen you doing that they would not even consider your app because its pathetic to be so loot hungry and the people who had that mentality eventually went on the ninja something at a raid. Really i dont care if this makes a difference just gives me a list of people who are pathetic enough not to group with.
I stopped reading your block of text after the first sentence. It hurt my brain.

How can you haphazardly call folks you don't know greedy and loot whores in a civil conversation and expect to get anywhere meaningful?

Dialogue is all about sharing information and points of view. I don't know why you posted at all if you only want to shout your own opinion until folks agree with you.
Old 11-19-2012, 12:52 PM
Aviak

Can we get some tl;dr is this shit? Damn.

If you don't like people being greedy then say so in the group your post here has made 0 impact on the greedy greednaners on the server.

You would think we're talking about religion with the sizes of your posts.
Old 11-19-2012, 12:57 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishami [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are an ignorant not because you dont agree with me but because you choose not to understand a simple point because you are a greedy person. Anone who embraces greed all like

..... Etc.... Etc.................
TL;DR

QQ
Closed Thread