Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 11:37 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
The game is just as good, yes. Overall, loving it. The community on the whole isn't quite as friendly, and you'll have to look a little harder for sociable, trustworthy people if that's what is important to you.
.. this. Basically get the hell off the forums. The mentality here will make you want to go on a shooting rampage to rid the world of petulant 20 somthings who have been mentally degenerated by the Internet into semi-literate, self-righteous, pompus asses. Mostly, anyway.

Population has increased leaps and bounds from when i started in January. Expect 800ish on Est evenings. and even 250ish off peak hours

Have fun, all in all it's a blast to play EQ again after all these years
Old 06-30-2010, 11:39 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agachak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
.. this. Basically get the hell off the forums. The mentality here will make you want to go on a shooting rampage to rid the world of petulant 20 somthings who have been mentally degenerated by the Internet into semi-literate, self-righteous, pompus asses. Mostly, anyway.

Population has increased leaps and bounds from when i started in January. Expect 800ish on Est evenings. and even 250ish off peak hours

Have fun, all in all it's a blast to play EQ again after all these years
So funny.. how Sony says there would be no interest in EQ classic.
And off on some little known corner of the internet - more people are playing EQ Classic than Sony would ever want to admit to, lol.

Not just this server - others too, although this certainly seems to be the most compelling one I've found - in theory. The others are 'questionable'.
Old 06-30-2010, 11:39 AM
Sarnak

Thanks guys.

Also...

How long has this server been live?
Old 06-30-2010, 11:45 AM
Aviak

Fuji you ask questions like a retarded census taker. Spit it out already!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Seriously though, you'll love it here. Server has been up for quite some time, its not hosted on someone's desktop, but on nice professional level hardware with a huge backbone (that is insanely expensive, so donate guys!)

Seriously, every time I see a fucking thread like this OH MYGOD THEY HAD 14 PEOPLE ITS OUR MOB LOL OURS OURS OURS YESSS I just want to fucking deathtouch the entire guild and despawn the mob.
Old 06-30-2010, 01:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuji [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks guys.

Also...

How long has this server been live?
Since October.

We are currently past the events that unlocked The Temple of Solusek Ro and the Plane of hate but not quite to the point where the Plane of Air is unlocked.
Old 06-30-2010, 02:06 PM
Sarnak

Are we also past the part where we can give no-drop items to bats to trade with others?
Old 06-30-2010, 02:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuji [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are we also past the part where we can give no-drop items to bats to trade with others?
Was that some sort of bug in classic? Never heard of it.
Old 06-30-2010, 02:42 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Hi guys,

I can't believe there is a server that plays only old EQ, this is crazy!

Anyways, like many others, I too quit after SoL, mainly because i hated AA grind and really enjoyed ToV raids.

I have a couple of questions though and I could not find a faq link, maybe someone has one?...

- This server is only the original game or does it include the first 2 expansions?

- Does it use the old character models or the updated SoL too?

- Is the game just as good as you remembered it from y2k? Or have newer games tarnished the feeling?

- Will I be just as addicted as before?

- I also plan on making a wizard again, so does epic need the strings or is it updated for the gear/golem?

Thanks.
Fuji, last night was my first night playing on this server, and I had a FREAKING BLAST.

I'm only level 3, died probably 15 times, got enough money to buy myself 2 8 slot backpacks, and RElearned some of the hard lessons (like spiderlings assist each other, and how much I hate shadow wolves and black bears when under level 4).

It was pure ecstacy last night, the deaths and all. If you had a true passion for classic eq, get ready man, cuz you've got it. The closest you can possibly get to it at the moment.
Old 06-30-2010, 03:02 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insedeel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fuji, last night was my first night playing on this server, and I had a FREAKING BLAST.

I'm only level 3, died probably 15 times, got enough money to buy myself 2 8 slot backpacks, and RElearned some of the hard lessons (like spiderlings assist each other, and how much I hate shadow wolves and black bears when under level 4).

It was pure ecstacy last night, the deaths and all. If you had a true passion for classic eq, get ready man, cuz you've got it. The closest you can possibly get to it at the moment.
Ok, I am downloading it now. I have to say that i am happy this server kept the old skins, I never liked the new ones or how my characters clothes and face changed so much.
Old 06-30-2010, 03:30 PM
Aviak

You will have zero issues finding groups. If anything you'll have to wait to get into a group as many zones are too crowded. I have a hard time believing the live servers had a 2k consistant population because when there are 800 ppl logged on here the zones like crushbone, unrest, sk, ec, sola, solb, paw, etc are completely packed and mobs are there is a lot of competition for mobs.

I'm enjoying the server as I did back in live and i've become addicted!
Closed Thread