Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2013, 11:25 AM
Sarnak

I dunno why people obsess over this, it's really not that big of a deal lol. Characters with EXP penalties just simply take a bit longer to level... And people should really stop telling others that the penalties affect the entire group or anyone else other than the character with the penalty. It shouldn't even be called a penalty, because that sounds like something is being taken away.
Old 06-09-2013, 11:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooj [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And people should really stop telling others that the penalties affect the entire group or anyone else other than the character with the penalty.
It does affect the entire group, but not in a huge way. People should just get over it regardless.

Red99
Old 06-09-2013, 12:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It does affect the entire group, but not in a huge way. People should just get over it regardless.
Old 06-09-2013, 12:59 PM
Sarnak

Only time it's really a problem is with rangers.

With tanks people take SKs all the time, not so many paladins but they'll get groups too. Ditto monks and bards (bards usually out soloing though heh).

With rangers it's a problem because you're talking about a class that isn't really desirable for 6 person groups to begin with. THEN tack on the 40% penalty.
Old 06-09-2013, 01:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But i demand that my groups be penalty free. War, Rogue, Cleric, Shaman, Druid and uhh another druid. And then only if you are a penalty free race, so no ogres, trolls, iksars or barbs allowed. Int casters are also out, I don't want them sucking up that extra 10%.
Old 06-09-2013, 02:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadwen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But i demand that my groups be penalty free. War, Rogue, Cleric, Shaman, Druid and uhh another druid. And then only if you are a penalty free race, so no ogres, trolls, iksars or barbs allowed. Int casters are also out, I don't want them sucking up that extra 10%.
Make a group of 6 Troll SK's and hit up MM.
Old 06-09-2013, 02:17 PM
Sarnak

Tanked on my Ranger just fine while leveling. Problem is the majority of Rangers aren't going to gear for or have a 2nd gear set for tanking.
Rangers make great pullers too, especially in outdoor zones (harmony). When I was the puller I would pull with root or snare if there were multiple mobs, by the time the 2nd mob gets to camp the first mob is dead. No need for a CC class, and if you have one it gives them the opportunity to DPS more (don't underestimate Enchanter nukes!). Honestly I think Ranger is just too dynamic for the average gamer to play.
Old 06-09-2013, 09:42 PM
Fire Giant

I love the EQ Ranger. If I wasn't so in love with the Bard I'd play one. It's the only class I've ever alted.
Old 06-09-2013, 09:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0lkien [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I love the EQ Ranger. If I wasn't so in love with the Bard I'd play one. It's the only class I've ever alted.
The only thing that would make me play a Bard is if on top of Dual Wield, they had Double Attack and Kick. Then they'd be more balanced in the melee department.
Old 06-09-2013, 09:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaniron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only thing that would make me play a Bard is if on top of Dual Wield, they had Double Attack and Kick. Then they'd be more balanced in the melee department.
But Bards aren't meant to be melee heavy, that's the point of them. They are the RPG class equivalent of McGuyver.