Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 06-13-2013, 03:37 PM
Fire Giant

Very slightly off-topic, but I recall something from live that is not in effect on P99. It's been a lot of years, so I could be wrong...

In early classic EQ, rogues were pretty broken. Sneak did not allow you to move while hidden, and hide was no better than invisibility. I remember reading the patch notes when this was changed to where rogues gained the ability to remain hidden while sneaking and also "double invis". I believe it was clearly stated that rogues would be invis AND ITU when ANY invis effect was applied, INCLUDING hide. e.g. a rogue could have camouflage cast on them and run around (not hiding/sneaking) and be invisible to undead.

Being that most rogues were quite proud of their own built-in ability at this point, I don't think this detail was very well known. It had pretty limited usefulness ... you traded the random early invis fades for some movement speed and instant off/on (respecting cooldowns). One thing it did make possible was to cross zone lines with no lapse in invisibility, a glaring problem that allowed an undead froglok to make mincemeat of my brave young twink last night on his way to scoop up a Mask of Deception...

Can anyone dig up the notes from the pre-Kunark rogue love patch(es)?
Old 06-13-2013, 03:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember the bug. You had to ITU first, then Invis Animals, (these stacked normally) then when invis was cast it would overwrite Invis animals and stack with ITU.

Invis would bounce on ITU and Overwrite Invis animals. Using the 'stacking' you could bypass the bounce.
makes sense

love this guy
Old 06-13-2013, 07:37 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember the bug. You had to ITU first, then Invis Animals, (these stacked normally) then when invis was cast it would overwrite Invis animals and stack with ITU.

Invis would bounce on ITU and Overwrite Invis animals. Using the 'stacking' you could bypass the bounce.
This sounds like the exact same mechanic I mentioned in http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...d.php?t=109456

It seems that for spells that "overwrite" another one, they only do so on the first buff they find.