Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2015, 12:41 AM
Kobold

At first I thought this was just a troll attempt, but I tried it, and sure enough, you can no longer outrun mobs by strafing or a combo of forward/strafe. This affects a lot of things, not just bard kiting.
Old 06-12-2015, 03:09 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipip [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At first I thought this was just a troll attempt, but I tried it, and sure enough, you can no longer outrun mobs by strafing or a combo of forward/strafe. This affects a lot of things, not just bard kiting.
This is being addressed. Issue with latest patch. Also, Bards+Jboots = Selo speed for 10m.
Old 06-13-2015, 08:29 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Haynar says they found and fixed the issue but it's now in Roegan's court for when the update gets deployed.

I taught myself to selo's kite and here's the outcome.

LoIO - at level 27-29 I was selo's/denon's kiting around 15-20 blue to yellow skellies. Selo's kiting is quite different because you have to turn much faster. It wreaks havoc on my wrist because you are never ending turning.

I bound 3(selo) and 4(denon) to my two mouse buttons right by my thumb. Then I bound strafe left/right to A/D. So I would hold w and either a or d to keep strafing forward while circling with my mouse and using my thumb to twirl. You have to be careful to never let selo's drop. So if either selo's or denon's fails you need to cast selo's next.

I did not switch instruments but instead kept the horn in all the time. As long as I was strafing it was fine. If I stopped and started walking straight the mobs could reach me and killed me. I died 3 times.

It takes a bit longer to kill mobs but it's still feasible.
Old 06-16-2015, 01:33 PM
Sarnak

issue fixed
Old 06-16-2015, 01:34 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kileras [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
issue fixed
Nice Kil where did you test at?
Old 06-16-2015, 03:14 PM
Sarnak

Would like to know test areas too [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Will post my results in a few hours, after work
Old 06-16-2015, 04:09 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Tested FV/LoIO/OT. Generally fixed. Feels like mobs overall have a tiny bit bigger hitbox/tiny bit faster but non Selo's kiting is now possible again.
Old 06-16-2015, 04:10 PM
Sarnak

I believe i said the same thing to a bard i helped out [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Was it you? FV, within the past 10 mins
Old 06-16-2015, 05:50 PM
Large Bat

Has anyone tried kiting enormous swarms? I seem to be dcing if the swarm is bigger than 50 mobs. It's happened to me 4 times now, but if I keep my swarm kinda small it doesn't happen.
Old 06-16-2015, 06:07 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivaeb [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I believe i said the same thing to a bard i helped out [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Was it you? FV, within the past 10 mins
Yeap, that was me, in all my glorious Bronze! Thanks again for the help!
Closed Thread