Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Screenshots

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2016, 09:50 PM
Orc

Vanguard was great. I played with alot of old HECK members there. It was a great game once you got passed the bugs.
Old 06-06-2016, 01:32 AM
Planar Protector

I have to admit that I don't remember lot of people from VZ, never been in the top level... only one name strike me right now, it was Forstegut a human twink who was trying to prevent all other team from crossing high hold pass. I should try to find my screenshot backups to see if there's something interesting there
Old 06-06-2016, 03:10 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have to admit that I don't remember lot of people from VZ, never been in the top level... only one name strike me right now, it was Forstegut a human twink who was trying to prevent all other team from crossing high hold pass. I should try to find my screenshot backups to see if there's something interesting there
do it do it

screenshots from the golden Age !
Old 06-06-2016, 01:53 PM
Sarnak

Everyone knows Forstegut = Bluud.

Anyways nice to see such a large VZ contingent here. Was truly the best server back in the day.

Juevento - Druid <Free Agent>
Old 06-06-2016, 02:37 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
PoP and literally every top guild being forced to xteam to compete ruined VZ. it was one thing when it was just the 12p or silent souls / vexare. but when Fated & DDW merged into Aduentus, Vexare absorbed Silent Souls and Macabre to form Torrent, Defiant went xteam, but to be honest i dont recall what happened to XK or Da Iggles.

once upon a time we had something that was perfectly magical <3
If I remember correctly, XK tried to x-team "light" by only recruiting cat bards. Raid targets became very difficult to kill without resist songs and bard mana regen, but it was still a hard pill to swallow for the proud dark races of VZ. X-teaming was a huge stigma back then.

When that failed, they merged with Fated into Aduentus and were shunned for a short while until Defiant and AO/ED followed.

Ebon Dawn was the last big darkie raiding guild for some time, until they merged with Ancient Orden to Ancient Dawn and eventually battled for the topdog throne with Defiant for a few expansions. Not sure if either side won before the Zek merge killed the community -- and with it the server.

One other darkie guild emerged quite a while after Ancient Dawn had formed. I can't remember the name. They were pretty successfull in their own way, but with each expansion x-teaming moved further from much needed convenience to absolute necessity, so they never really had a chance.

This was a very long time ago, so I'm not 100% sure about it.
Last edited by Vaedian; 06-06-2016 at 02:42 PM..
Old 06-06-2016, 03:15 PM
Sarnak

Da Iggles

Now that is a name I havent heard in a long time
Old 06-07-2016, 01:31 AM
Planar Protector

Sorry guys, already have been lightie... one important aspect that I remember when three teaming against darkie was that lots of short race rogue were traitor waiting to hit you in the back... what an awful bunch...
I remember having lots of fun factioning around cabilis to get my greenmist as a human knight on VZ... in addition to the "trooper" that is in fact a shaman and thus is KOS, I had to do with iksar players to turn in my bone chips. watching iksar reaction while crossing cabilis was always fun too.
Old 06-09-2016, 12:23 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the velious human helm will always just remind me of Gruffer
Holy crap I completely forgot about Gruffer! Just got hit with a huge wave of nostalgia.

I cant imagine having as much fun on any other server in the classic era that I had on VZ.

-My buddy making a trade with a "darkie" to get his gnome warrior an executioners axe and having like 10 of us hanging out on the other side of a hill in case pvp ensued and he lost his plat/item!
-Making a macro of "/w all" for a damn high elf wizard named Linnett that always found me in unrest at like 20% health and would one shot me and steal a piece of my bronze gear.
-Eventually trying out darkies and locking down Mistmoore for 2-3hrs at the zoneline w/ a group of 8 RL friends until about 20-30 shorties and elves teamed up to take it back from us.
-Midget Mafia, House of the Black Rose, Defiant, 12 Prophets, Da Iggles...so many damn good memories
Old 06-09-2016, 04:00 PM
Orc

Was Donavan <Aerist> [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Huhu Arf!!!
Old 06-10-2016, 01:11 PM
Sarnak

guys, guys...

post old screeshots, I beg you

the EC/ Nektulos fights will forever be a fond memory