Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2021, 07:40 PM
Banned

im playing this ill give you 1kr if you ID me ingame [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some things I've noticed about the TLP playerbase (that I also noticed the short time I played on Green):

1. They are bad at the game. Holy shit

2. Terrible social skills. Very clear many of the people I come across have some kind of retardation

That said, it's been fun so far and I've had some fun groups
too fucking true

as for the cash shop, i say learn to love it. i buy the crew a cold one (grp exp 2) when its going good, gets em warm and fuzzy. kinda cringe how everyone else is too broke or socially retarded to do the same
Last edited by imperiouskitten; 06-02-2021 at 08:04 PM..
Old 06-02-2021, 07:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol p99 @ this point just consists of afk enchanter alt tabs ccing (camp checking) each other. It's almost impossible to not have 10 of them waiting in line at any given spot.
The instances and random loot make this game so much more fun. Someone showed up to snipe my camp. Did I get mad? No, because I can use a translocator to hop over to Unrest in a matter of minutes, find a pick that is empty, and go farm rares for a chance at a Pearl Kedge Totem, Pegasus Cloak or Guise of Deceiver. Get bored of that? Hit origin and go farm rares on Kerra Isle for a chance at a Cloak of Shadows or Large Soiled Bag. All the meanwhile I have people asking me if I want to go farm Lower Guk, Efreeti, Fire Giants etc. It feels like you can actually log in and always find something fun to do within a matter of minutes.

Global channels means there's always people to talk to, and you make a lot of friends.

Edit: Cloak of Shadows is hella' rare on this game mode for context, and Kerra Isle is the only place I've ever seen one drop.
Last edited by RecondoJoe; 06-02-2021 at 08:00 PM..
Old 06-04-2021, 01:22 AM
Planar Protector

this has been the sweatiest eq I've ever played and that's saying a lot, mite get fired later idk

hmu jaws on thornblade for fear free farmin
Old 06-04-2021, 03:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this has been the sweatiest eq I've ever played and that's saying a lot, mite get fired later idk

hmu jaws on thornblade for fear free farmin
Thanks for selling me some planar gear at a reasonable price, Bubur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]~
Old 06-04-2021, 12:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The instances and random loot make this game so much more fun. Someone showed up to snipe my camp. Did I get mad? No, because I can use a translocator to hop over to Unrest in a matter of minutes, find a pick that is empty, and go farm rares for a chance at a Pearl Kedge Totem, Pegasus Cloak or Guise of Deceiver. Get bored of that? Hit origin and go farm rares on Kerra Isle for a chance at a Cloak of Shadows or Large Soiled Bag. All the meanwhile I have people asking me if I want to go farm Lower Guk, Efreeti, Fire Giants etc. It feels like you can actually log in and always find something fun to do within a matter of minutes.

Global channels means there's always people to talk to, and you make a lot of friends.

Edit: Cloak of Shadows is hella' rare on this game mode for context, and Kerra Isle is the only place I've ever seen one drop.
Sounds boring as hell and essentially just like WoW. Instances, great gear dropping everywhere. Defeats everything that makes EQ exciting and different from other MMOs lol. Might as well play WoW at that point.
Old 06-04-2021, 05:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds boring as hell and essentially just like WoW. Instances, great gear dropping everywhere. Defeats everything that makes EQ exciting and different from other MMOs lol. Might as well play WoW at that point.
It's actually very fun thanks to the novelty and there are new, unexplored, unexploited angles to work as a result. The next server will be abused by nerds, but THIS server can be abused by ME and you. I found qeynos sewers named rats on 3 minute timers particularly great at making me rich at lvl 7. It's kind of cool, I think it is a gimmick however and we will see how the economy goes. In the meantime, it's classic EQ with new open possibilities, and it's pretty neat with the firiona vie no-nodrop thing !
Old 06-04-2021, 07:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperiouskitten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's actually very fun thanks to the novelty and there are new, unexplored, unexploited angles to work as a result. The next server will be abused by nerds, but THIS server can be abused by ME and you. I found qeynos sewers named rats on 3 minute timers particularly great at making me rich at lvl 7. It's kind of cool, I think it is a gimmick however and we will see how the economy goes. In the meantime, it's classic EQ with new open possibilities, and it's pretty neat with the firiona vie no-nodrop thing !
Classic is only out for so long so the enhanced loot drops are nice. Like it’s still not super easy to get items, but most players will still have decent gear by the time Kunark drops. Aradune, despite having no drop items, still made loot relatively accessible, which again, for short expac durations, that’s what you want/need. For instance if there is an item you day dreamed about having during PoP but never got... you will probably be able to get it here. It’ll still be challenging in most cases, but only in the sense that it takes a couple of weeks/months whereas on P99 it’s established that a player should spend 5 years building up their items (which isn’t classic either or representative of skill).

I also found one interesting life hack. After doing the evil erudite cleric quest for the shield I quickly realized since it’s not no drop it can be traded to good clerics who normally can’t do the quest. Just do the turn in on a level 1 alt evil cleric then transfer it over. Super easy quest and possibly profitable since most of the Clerics I talked to said they thought the quest was too hard.. I literally did entire quest solo in like an hour...
Last edited by RecondoJoe; 06-04-2021 at 07:38 PM..
Old 06-04-2021, 11:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for selling me some planar gear at a reasonable price, Bubur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]~
ubet

i won a degenerate 25 kr deathroll tonite so grab what you want from my auctions when you see em. i feel gross
Old 06-05-2021, 03:00 AM
Banned

just ks'd some poor lowbie on pyzjn and got a superb lion hide from her.

edit: to be more precise I got a "serpent potion" from her, teh heal pot lol
Last edited by imperiouskitten; 06-05-2021 at 03:06 AM..
Old 06-05-2021, 04:11 PM
Banned

Qeynos hills loot sucks
On Thornblade late at night, I go through there and Haden and Pyzjn are always up, but I’ve never gotten anything of value off of either.
Closed Thread