Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2019, 02:24 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bthomsen0312 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Showing up is the bare minimum which anonymous seems incapable of doing.
God forbid there be a guild of like minded players in a video game that don't have much interest in doing certain content. You guys are so cool because you "compete" for the mighty dwagons every single week in a game that's locked and never progressing. I'm sorry you guys feel so threatened by a random dude with an opinion.

P.S
Just so we are clear, I am against a TOV rotation
Old 04-25-2019, 02:30 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattydef [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
God forbid there be a guild of like minded players in a video game that don't have much interest in doing certain content. You guys are so cool because you "compete" for the mighty dwagons every single week in a game that's locked and never progressing. I'm sorry you guys feel so threatened by a random dude with an opinion.

P.S
Just so we are clear, I am against a TOV rotation
I don't think I'm cool. I'm pretty lame - I spend a large amount of time on an elf sim from 1999. That's what I enjoy doing and I'm not ashamed.

I feel threatened by someone like Loramin because as they say - the squeaky wheel gets the grease. I've seen over the last 20 years numerous games beaten down until they were casualized. I have no problems with casual games, I just don't want this one to become that.
Old 04-25-2019, 02:31 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattydef [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"compete"
strive to gain or win something by defeating or establishing superiority over others who are trying to do the same.

It might be a video game, but the definition of a word doesn't change because of it.

- Not AM
Old 04-25-2019, 02:36 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by stowned [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
strive to gain or win something by defeating or establishing superiority over others who are trying to do the same.

It might be a video game, but the definition of a word doesn't change because of it.

- Not AM
I am not debating the definition of competing, it's more frowning on what competing in EQ raiding actually entails, which is basically sitting there looking at a screen for hours on end waiting for something to show up. I'm guilty of doing it in the past too, but its not something to really take pride in or brag about, especially when doing so in a way that tries to make others look bad because they don't want to participate.
Old 04-25-2019, 02:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I am not debating the definition of competing, it's more frowning on what competing in EQ raiding actually entails, which is basically sitting there looking at a screen for hours on end waiting for something to show up. I'm guilty of doing it in the past too, but its not something to really take pride in or brag about, especially when doing so in a way that tries to make others look bad because they don't want to participate.
Casual guilds probably poopsock harder , ever seen bg at fear good lawd.
Old 04-25-2019, 02:50 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Casual guilds probably poopsock harder , ever seen bg at fear good lawd.
True, like I said even I am guilty of poop socking. I am not just targeting the high end guilds with my opinion, it just so happens they're the ones that tend to bag on others that don't "compete" for the same stuff they do. EQ raiding is like running in a relay race but instead of getting set and waiting the few seconds to start the race the officials tell you "alright guys, once you get set you have to stand there for up to 16 hours, at any given time in that window the shot can go off and you can begin running". Will people still do it? Sure, it's competing at the end of the day, but its safe to say the majority of people will not be interested in that and probably won't be very impressed by anyone that consistently wins such a competition.
Old 04-25-2019, 02:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
True, like I said even I am guilty of poop socking. I am not just targeting the high end guilds with my opinion, it just so happens they're the ones that tend to bag on others that don't "compete" for the same stuff they do. EQ raiding is like running in a relay race but instead of getting set and waiting the few seconds to start the race the officials tell you "alright guys, once you get set you have to stand there for up to 16 hours, at any given time in that window the shot can go off and you can begin running". Will people still do it? Sure, it's competing at the end of the day, but its safe to say the majority of people will not be interested in that and probably won't be very impressed by anyone that consistently wins such a competition.
They are tho , ag, core, aegis alliance , kittens, like 5 Omni (their entire guild), bg, PS, and even Lord bob have tried with some success, if you don't try, you never will.
Old 04-25-2019, 04:03 PM
Fire Giant

Hey hey Rip baybay, how many pigs did you fuck today?
Old 04-25-2019, 04:04 PM
Planar Protector

Cool

figplucker
Old 04-25-2019, 04:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyTheMuss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey hey Rip baybay, how many pigs did you fuck today?
Still talking shit? Try making something with yourself and come back, I'm sorry you were told by everyone that you were and are a shit Bard, don't hate me because of everyone else. I believe in you.
Closed Thread