Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2014, 09:51 AM
Fire Giant

If people are forming twink groups and excluding non-twinks those people are assholes.

I don't care if its someone I've known forever, branded asshole.

Many people take the opposite approach (me).

If I'm on my warrior decked out in whatever I chose to give him and I see a lv 20 caster with no robe I'll group with them intentionally to make it easier on them. Then ask them if any of their friends wanna join.

Priest constantly oom because of low mana due to not having gear suddenly has to heal less. Naked paladin suddenly has to tank less.

Imo that's a way better method to make the community better.

But yeah. You'll encounter pricks. Its hard to live in a basement your whole life and develop a full personality. But some of us manage it.
Old 01-31-2014, 09:56 AM
Kobold

I've personally had a pretty pleasant experience in low levels. Either from being able to afford some decent gear while trying to make up my mind on what to play, or some higher levels buffing people to ease it.

I think my only "negative" experience is lazy assholes farming BB past 20...
Old 01-31-2014, 10:46 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Dumb post.
Old 01-31-2014, 10:54 AM
Planar Protector

I have been playing on here for almost 4 years now and I have NEVER seen a group that did even ask what gear a person had to be invited. And I have 24 alts so I have not lived in a bubble at level 60. Hell I even have a Ranger and not had too many problems getting a group. But he is low level wise so that helps. Saving him for Velious.
Old 01-31-2014, 11:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by myxomatosii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Priest constantly oom because of low mana due to not having gear suddenly has to heal less. Naked paladin suddenly has to tank less.
To be honest though, his gear has basically nothing to do with being OOM. That's the point I've been trying to make in all these "noobs have it so hard cause we can't afford uberer gear than stuff that is already better than 99% of classic EQ items" threads. All caster gear really does is give you a little more cushion when your group is already doing something wrong, or enable druids/wizards to quad, etc.

Gear makes life easier, for sure. But it is not really necessary at all, at least not to the point that plat inflation on the server is so hard on new players (cause again, it arguably makes their lives much easier) that we should be erasing the efforts of people who have created that plat.
Old 01-31-2014, 11:43 AM
Orc

Me experience has been pretty opposite. I've had very inexpensive access to a lot of gear which, in classic, was considered mid-tier. Very decent items from CoM/Karnors/Seb are being sold for 50-100p in most cases. My warrior on live didn't see most of that until his 40s/50s.

That being said, I don't ever see myself earning 100k plat to buy a fungi. Ever.
Old 01-31-2014, 01:28 PM
Sarnak

These threads are just fucking retarded. I started 2 years ago, naked with zero pp. I exped to 60 and farmed/bought what i needed. I suggest you do the same lazy moron. Your logic is so idiotic its hard to believe you actually meant it seriously. Please tell me it was just a troll post...

Wipe pp that people worked hard to get, because you just started and cant afford fbss on lvl1? Gtfo!
Old 01-31-2014, 01:31 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wudan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
These threads are just fucking retarded. I started 2 years ago, naked with zero pp. I exped to 60 and farmed/bought what i needed. I suggest you do the same lazy moron. Your logic is so idiotic its hard to believe you actually meant it seriously. Please tell me it was just a troll post...

Wipe pp that people worked hard to get, because you just started and cant afford fbss on lvl1? Gtfo!
This response is insurmountably good.
Old 01-31-2014, 01:33 PM
Sarnak

Highest toon is 20, tons between 10 and 20. I've been playing off and on for a few years. I have been lucky enough to get a few hand outs. Collectively between gear and plat I would value my total net worth around 5k. Not a whole hell of a lot. That all said This is the dumbest fucking thing I've ever heard. Yes there is inflation, yes things are expensive, but that also means things sell for more when you are selling them! If you need money go get tailoring up a bit, farm bear pelts in karanas or commons even if they are green. get some high qualities and sell a handmade backpack for 60-90 plat. OR get to level 15ish and solo/kill bandits/sisters/other mobs all over norrath around that level that drop bronze weapons selling for 2-6 plat a piece. Or bone chips, Or one of the many other ways to get money.

Am I rich, no. Do I want a ton of stuff i see in /auc when running through Ecommons, yes. Do I love handouts, yea why not?

It is classic EQ play the game, if you want easy mode and free plat go play wow or some other game made for 12 year olds who don't understand basic economics.

I would quit P99 if this is implemented in any way shape or form.

EDIT: if your focus is EXP you won't gain as much money, if your focus is money you can gain it very fast, even below 20 you can get 80 plat in about 30 minutes if your lucky, 60 minutes if your not. Anyone who agrees with the OP is a dumbass. Sorry if I am coming across as rude but really, sorry I'm not sorry. GTFO newb.
Last edited by MikeXG; 01-31-2014 at 01:35 PM.. Reason: Because.
Old 01-31-2014, 04:14 PM
Kobold

Theres always people with superior amounts of plat in the game, theres not really any inflation, maybe quite a few because of dupes over the years, but if items are too expensive, you can easily level up and farm those "expensive" items.