Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 11:49 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmorawski [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why do this, rather than charming a pet, giving it aug, and killing things with it?
Pet steals 50% of experience when solo. So breaking pet and killing both mobs gives you double XP with no penalty.
Old 08-21-2014, 12:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmorawski [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why do this, rather than charming a pet, giving it aug, and killing things with it?
If you get your pet hasted, and let it destroy, you get 50% of the exp per mob. It is less controlled (you can't keep your pet rooted like you can with the beastmode blender mob.) Charm breaks are less dangerous since your pet has no DW, no buffs, no haste.

That's solely the "maximize EXP while soloing" method.

Charm mob, (call him Blendermob) give dual wielding capabalities, long duration haste, break and root.
Charm mobs 1-5, send on Blendermob. Break when each is low, and nuke for full exp.
Keep Blendermob tashed and rooted
If Blendermob is getting low on HP, use Mesmerize and backup to let it regen to full. Then repeat sending pets at him.

Repeat til 58. Then Chardoks.
Old 08-21-2014, 02:37 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you get your pet hasted, and let it destroy, you get 50% of the exp per mob. It is less controlled (you can't keep your pet rooted like you can with the beastmode blender mob.) Charm breaks are less dangerous since your pet has no DW, no buffs, no haste.

That's solely the "maximize EXP while soloing" method.

Charm mob, (call him Blendermob) give dual wielding capabalities, long duration haste, break and root.
Charm mobs 1-5, send on Blendermob. Break when each is low, and nuke for full exp.
If Blendermob is getting low on HP, use Mesmerize and backup to let it regen to full. Then repeat sending pets at him.

Do you like this method better than the charm one attack another, break and kill both when below 10% method?
Old 08-21-2014, 02:56 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you like this method better than the charm one attack another, break and kill both when below 10% method?
It's certainly a lot safer, I greatly prefer it over traditional charming.
Old 08-21-2014, 03:15 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Amazing! Thanks! How long is are the FM giants good for with this method? And where's the spot to go and blendermob afterwards?
Old 08-21-2014, 03:25 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Amazing! Thanks! How long is are the FM giants good for with this method? And where's the spot to go and blendermob afterwards?
I'd leave around 39, past that hillocks are all green and tumps are more green than blue. I haven't found a spot post-39 that I like as much [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] aside from maybe CoM moat when i can get it uncamped.
Old 08-21-2014, 03:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruptcy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd leave around 39, past that hillocks are all green and tumps are more green than blue. I haven't found a spot post-39 that I like as much [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] aside from maybe CoM moat when i can get it uncamped.
FV pirates killing Drolvargs till like 44. Shits insane

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 08-21-2014, 04:29 PM
Kobold

Unfortunately I'm a bit past that level range [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Stuck in the Go-to-Karnors phase (which I hate) or Convince-a-group-to-come-to-the-hole-with-me phase (which is extremely hard to do)
Old 08-21-2014, 04:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruptcy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Unfortunately I'm a bit past that level range [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Stuck in the Go-to-Karnors phase (which I hate) or Convince-a-group-to-come-to-the-hole-with-me phase (which is extremely hard to do)
Try convincing a cleric or shaman only youll be fine with just one of those two [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] and its much easier to convince 1 person than 5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-21-2014, 04:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Try convincing a cleric or shaman only youll be fine with just one of those two [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] and its much easier to convince 1 person than 5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Closed Thread