Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2014, 12:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amontillado [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gamma is so bad, and not even close to classic... does this even get tested before implementation?

UI should not be affected.
Middle of daytime all races should be able to see well outdoors(most zones).
Nighttime and dungeons, Infravision and Ultravision should work well.

So so so so so so wrong.
gamma broken as fuck, i remember classic being dark but i have ultra vision and gamma maxed out and i stil can't see my own feet, naw naw, i ain't pvping with this i need to see my target atleast!

remember, different gfx drivers will make gamma different, i think it's a terrible idea to try to make this gamma thing happen, let it go.
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Old 12-03-2014, 12:15 PM
Orc

Ok the gamma thing sucks and its rocks.

Rocks because it looks way better and less spotty and white

Sucks because even as a wood elf on 100% gamma, i cant see shit.

Whoever did the adjustment, did you tune it to YOUR monitor/tv? Is YOUR monitor/tv setup to ideal settings per online cinema settings? Is it setup to whatever you think looks good? I think what you were comparing it to when you setup was wrong! Because my shit is setup properly and its horrible. It looks good, has shadows, depth and all that but cant see anything. Maybe you play with your brightness at 100% backlight 100% and picture 100%. Other people do not. Try setting up your visuals then readjusting for a new patch plz.
Old 12-03-2014, 12:18 PM
Kobold

I copy/pasted this update to my Everquest folder but it says my spellfiles are still out of date at the character selection screen =/
Old 12-03-2014, 12:26 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dualform [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I copy/pasted this update to my Everquest folder but it says my spellfiles are still out of date at the character selection screen =/
I have the same problem as well.

Even after a completely clean re-install of EQLite, and with just the P9935 patch files I still get the "my spellfiles are out of date" at character select.
Old 12-03-2014, 12:26 PM
Skeleton

Ditto
Old 12-03-2014, 12:29 PM
Aviak

Nice changes. Interesting that you'd do a player purge before Christmas holiday started.
At any rate, enjoy the lower pops now. I guess that bandwidth was getting expensive.
Old 12-03-2014, 12:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
everyone says this but it wasnt common. my 56k could barely handle one client and alt tabbing wasnt possible so you would of needed 2 pc and a shotgunned modem. i never did in classic, i didnt know anyone who did it in classic (at the time.)
I played in a cybercafe with some other Euros, we usually 2 boxed, and 2 boxed on 2 machines each if necessary.

Its like sex, not having any doesn't mean other people don't [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-03-2014, 12:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amontillado [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gamma is so bad, and not even close to classic... does this even get tested before implementation?

UI should not be affected.
Middle of daytime all races should be able to see well outdoors(most zones).
Nighttime and dungeons, Infravision and Ultravision should work well.

So so so so so so wrong.
Ok im glad im not the only one, its dark as fuck.
Old 12-03-2014, 12:42 PM
Sarnak

Gamma change getting rolled back. See haynars post.
Agoraphobia - Rogue
Refund - Enchanter
Stryche - Shadow Knight (Current toon)

<Azure Guard>
Old 12-03-2014, 12:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naprox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nice changes. Interesting that you'd do a player purge before Christmas holiday started.
At any rate, enjoy the lower pops now. I guess that bandwidth was getting expensive.
This. The game was fine as it was, gamma and mechanics wise. I'd even argue we don't need Velious at all.
Closed Thread