Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2016, 11:49 PM
Banned

So everyone agrees with me?
Old 12-11-2016, 11:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywolf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You do realize that's like a double negative statement? It cancels itself out [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You could slip into a whole paradox event there, bending time and space in on itself.
-

Yeah, academia "science" is lost in a fog, truth goes to the highest bidder. Just like it seems cold fusion has been proven, but buried for sake of oil wealth. There is truth, but then there is opposition.
Yeah, there's no provable truth concerning reincarnation. Just a subjective opinion/s which isn't or aren't valid without evidence. But it all boils down to subjectively based trust, right. Faith in something. So who holds the cards? Who cares? I don't, the dead have had their say.
Old 12-12-2016, 04:37 AM
Aviak

I'm sure this isn't the first reincarnation thread we've had on this forum.....

Old 12-12-2016, 05:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So everyone agrees with me?
*daps fist*

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 12-12-2016, 08:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywolf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You do realize that's like a double negative statement? It cancels itself out [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That was the implication of the other part of the quote that you left out

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, I am silly ^^
I said I am silly because i had just asserted tha asserting truths is silly ^.~

It not a double negative though in the sense of asserting there are no truths or something like that. I just asserted it was foolish and substantiated my assertion by admitting I am foolish ^^
Old 12-12-2016, 11:22 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're putting quite a bit of faith in science there friend. Why do you believe the things that science teaches you? Because some scientists with a book said so? Religions have explanations for everything that ever existed too. We've never seen evidence of aliens, but almost any rational scientific mind would allow the possibility of their existence. Know what else that exact same logic applies to? God man...

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LOL its because science is observational. w/ religion you're going off of old liars 2000 yrs ago. can u even make it through a game of telephone w/ 20 people and get the message through to the otherside in 1 piece?? with science has constants which you can actually test and make measurements on.. religion is just like believing a guy can ride on a sleigh with flying reindeer and deliver all of the presents to good girls and boys across the world in 1 night.
Old 12-12-2016, 04:22 PM
Planar Protector

And you personally test all the claims made by science? Or would you say you just take their word for it? Perhaps one would even say you place your faith in science. You do sound quite a bit like a religious person! Science is just another god in humankind's endless pantheon.
Old 12-12-2016, 05:20 PM
Planar Protector

I'm just having a conversation with no ulterior motives whatsoever...
Old 12-12-2016, 05:21 PM
Large Bat

Biological reincarnation, perhaps.

I think hallucinogens had a larger impact on human consciousness and evolution than some choose to believe. I anticipate that the advent of animal husbandry around 9000 B.C. brought our ancestors attention to the strange organisms protruding from the animal dung. Shamanism and ancient-Brahmanism followed soon after. I would imagine this first occurred in what is now modern Nepal.
Last edited by rubberdoor; 12-12-2016 at 05:37 PM..
Old 12-12-2016, 05:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubberdoor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Biological reincarnation, perhaps.

I think hallucinogens had a larger impact on human consciousness and evolution than some choose to believe. I anticipate that the advent of animal husbandry around 9000 B.C. brought our ancestors attention to the strange organisms protruding from the animal dung. Shamanism and ancient-Brahmanism followed soon after. I would imagine this first occurred in what is now modern Nepal.
Proly before. Random growings in the forests. Some ergot on wild wheat.