Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2020, 03:12 AM
Planar Protector

This is Skatr gnome 20 years later. Please post more of your adventures.
Old 04-18-2020, 09:35 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octopath [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Best race for a rogue?
Obviously dark elf.

Green was created so more people could be dark elves, even those too unfashionable to choose it at character select. Your character select screen will always know what race you REALLY are. And who wants to suddenly be revealed as a halfling while screenshots are being taken of your epic Kedge battle? No one. How embarrassing.

Some people will tell you halflings are best but those people are horrible, jolly, honey-smeared double-chinned jelly rolls sprinkled with flowers.

Some people will tell you Barbarian for the access to throwing boulders. Which, to be fair, are pretty cool...but not cool enough.

In all seriousness, though, the best race is always the one you like looking at the most. Everything else can be adjusted as you go. Except for being a halfling. Nothing can ever erase that shame.
Old 04-18-2020, 11:14 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by larper99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is no way a halfling druid is KOS in Rivervale or Misty. Really, at level 1, you should be doing some newbie quests from the Druid guild to deliver food and such to the guards. That will level you up to 2 without risk, THEN you can go out into Misty.

Create a macro key for Sense Heading and mash it at all times (or map to a movement key, but that is an advanced technique). By constantly mashing the Sense Heading macro, even while sitting, you should be able to max the skill out (200) by level 4. That skill can save your bacon for corpse runs and just getting familiar with zones.

Create a macro called LOC that does a /LOC ... the first number is North/South, the second number is East/West. For East/West, negative numbers are to the East, which seems backwards to most people I would think.
Yeah I probably pushed autoattack also, don't know I'm clumsy player [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quests, I couldn't find/start them at first. I didn't know, I need to type back what is in square brackets.

There is one quest, Deputy Tagil, a life saver, gives 1platina potion every so often. I now have two toons (blue & green server), lvl 3 & 4 and I have all the spells for lvl5 already thanks to this quest. Also, killing is now easy, haven't die since...

I set up sense heading and /loc, thank you for all the tips. These coordinates are killing me. Spent over 30 minutes tried to find one deputy by knowing it's coordinates and still couldn't find him. lol But knowing where is N-S-W-E will be helpful!
Old 04-18-2020, 11:17 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Better than making a macro for sense heading and having to spam it manually all the time (which is what I've always done every time personally though) is probably to set up an alternate bind to a movement key that will automatically level up sense heading for you just as you move around (explained at the bottom here: https://wiki.project1999.com/Skill_Sense_Heading)
Thank you, this link helped! I'm mostly moving with mouse, but I set one arrow key for it and while running using mouse, I'm strafing a little bit with the arrow leveling up. Works great in my case
Old 04-18-2020, 11:45 AM
Aviak

im gonna say in practice ranger is the simplest, at high level you're like a rogue without backstab
Old 04-18-2020, 11:54 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspomwell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The one I prefer is called ZLiz as it uses the old EQAtlas maps which just look better.

I'll leave it to the Linux nerds to explain if it can be done with your setup though, I don't know. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Got it to work in Linux! Thank you so much! Well it crashed after few seconds, but it properly marked my location. So even if it constantly crashes, if I can run it for a few seconds, to figure out approximately where I'm, and what is around me, that's all I really need. I ran it on blue, but I'm assuming it is OK to use it on green also? (since only reads logs, and plots outside of the game)
Old 04-18-2020, 12:07 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_PVP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LOL this is hilarious! Congrats on those experiences, and welcome to the game newbie!
Thanks, another funny thing happened. My first toon on green (now deleted) I named: 'Onlyhalffull', to play a kinda word joke on a Halfling. As it died who knows where, and I was without starting weapon, I created second toon. With similar (half) name, but referring to the other half.

I'm just running a quest, leveling up, when (my first ever in this game) 'Tell' pops up, someone grinning, saying: "I just saw a corpse, with the name, perfect match to your name." He-he, my corpse, no wonder [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] So we both laughed.

Anyway, this nice fella (not sure about naming policy here) ended up helping me transfer one nice pair of gloves I got as a gift when I was struggling and someone must of felt sorry for me. (well I felt sorry for myself at that time as well, couldn't stay alive lol) ... from "other" toon, so I could delete it afterward. Thank you kind stranger!

Btw, at that time, yesterday, I still didn't know how to properly log off from the game. I tried Ctrl-x before and other shortcuts, but I didn't know I need to sit down first. Blue server has nice button for it, but I started on green. So I had to ask this nice fella, how you log out of the game. Before i was just killing the window.
Last edited by pivo; 04-18-2020 at 12:27 PM..
Old 04-18-2020, 12:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is Skatr gnome 20 years later. Please post more of your adventures.
Wau, that's dedication! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

OK will do, since my clumsiness will get me in some kind of trouble sooner or later. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

(edit)
Note to myself, during battle, make sure you are targeting yourself, before starting to heal!
Last edited by pivo; 04-18-2020 at 12:23 PM..
Old 04-18-2020, 02:44 PM
Planar Protector

"So I eagerly attacked one. Only to found out I had no spells, no weapon... "

May become my sig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Edit: One of my favorite things about everquest is most games say they are "Easy to learn, difficult to master"...

Everquest is the opposite, it's easy to master, but extremely difficult to learn, and that is a big part of what makes Norrath feel like a "real universe" to me, opposed to all the other MMO's I play that feel like, online games.

You see people wearing armor or doing something cool or a race class combo that you couldn't pick and you're just like "What in the heck is that?!"... nobody tells you, there are no hints, go find it.
Last edited by Jibartik; 04-18-2020 at 02:48 PM..
Old 04-18-2020, 05:51 PM
Fire Giant

What about a wood or half elf for a rogue?