Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 08-15-2023, 04:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarria [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I guess, but there is a way of playing an enchanter "properly" if you're trying to get experience and make the most of your play time. If you want to be a melee enchanter, by all means go for it. I could drive my car using my feet or blindfolded or something but it doesn't mean it's a good idea and will probably cause frustration and not be a good use of time. To each their own though O_o
I don’t drive my car for entertainment, I drive it to get from A to B

I play video games for entertainment. Therefore the proper way to play them is what I personally find most entertaining. If the best way to make exp involved mashing 6 different buttons as fast as I can constantly, and I don’t happen to find that enjoyable, I’m not going to do it. Not saying this is the case lol, but it’s a far better example than driving a car
Old 08-15-2023, 04:47 PM
Banned

But I’m down to pop into the other thread asking for chill spots to exp as chanter and remind the guy that the best possible way to exp is to do high value targets at the bottom of dangerous dungeons, and asking for chill exp spots is a ridiculous way to play the game

And from there we can pop over into bard threads that are asking about alternatives to swarm kiting because they don’t want to swarm and remind them that swarming is the best possible way to exp and anything else is stupid and a waste of their time

But I will only do it if others want to as well
Old 08-16-2023, 08:40 AM
Planar Protector

yikes someones a little salty they cant play enchanter properly

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist View Post
With enough Clerics any class can survive AoW.
Old 08-16-2023, 11:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yikes someones a little salty they cant play enchanter properly
A variant of “you mad bro” troll attempt? Creative, not surprised that took an entire day to think up

Is the proper way to play the game to actually play the game or is it to do what you do which is not play at all but still post about it as if you do

Edit: I would actually be interested in a P99 guide from Tox. You can title it: “How to burn your bridges with every raid guild on the server then quit and continue posting about the game as if you play it”
Last edited by unsunghero; 08-16-2023 at 11:22 AM..
Old 08-16-2023, 12:06 PM
Kobold

Jeez you're angry =\ It's strange seeing you criticize someone for posting when you literally have 10,000+ posts. So what if he doesn't currently play?
Old 08-16-2023, 12:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarria [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Jeez you're angry =\ It's strange seeing you criticize someone for posting when you literally have 10,000+ posts. So what if he doesn't currently play?
I’m not angry, just amazed at the mental gymnastics to not only think that there is a correct and incorrect way to get entertainment from playing video games, but also to ignore the literal THOUSANDS of other threads involving people mentioning playing a class in a “sub-optimal” (from a power gaming perspective) way here on these forums because they enjoy it

Yea I have a lotta posts, mostly memes and arguing about politics in the Off Topic forum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by unsunghero; 08-16-2023 at 12:26 PM..
Old 08-16-2023, 12:39 PM
Banned

Oh I forgot to answer about Tox not playing. The only reason that is relevant is Tox is a known troll who would actually probably still be playing, had he not gotten himself kicked out of and banned from every raid guild on the server, from what I heard. Out of some what I suppose is lingering resentment, he still hangs around to troll

And normally I quite enjoy his trolls on the OT forum
Old 08-17-2023, 01:11 PM
Planar Protector

Being banned from raiding is a good thing
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 08-17-2023, 06:21 PM
Planar Protector

Best fun ive had in eq is taking 30+ mins to kite a hill giant on a druid wiff not enough mana so it was mana tick sit run repeat. Even zoned a couple times.
Prolly was a lvl too low/undergeared tbh. I think i was after a lambent stone, Bard armor quest thingy.

Could i have got xp more efficiently? Most certainly. Could i have just surfed a few vendors for the stone? Yes but back then i didnt even think of that.
Would i do it again? Fuck yeah.
If ya not doin it how ya want to and enjoying it, ya not gettin any xp.
Last edited by Duik; 08-17-2023 at 06:21 PM.. Reason: Speeling
Old 08-18-2023, 02:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh I forgot to answer about Tox not playing. The only reason that is relevant is Tox is a known troll who would actually probably still be playing, had he not gotten himself kicked out of and banned from every raid guild on the server, from what I heard. Out of some what I suppose is lingering resentment, he still hangs around to troll

And normally I quite enjoy his trolls on the OT forum
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist View Post
With enough Clerics any class can survive AoW.