Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 11-03-2023, 08:12 PM
Fire Giant

There's almost never a good reason to respond to DSM. Just let him ramble into the void.
Old 11-03-2023, 09:01 PM
Fire Giant

I honestly think Troxx is a little too nice trying to explain to him things he already knows.
Old 11-03-2023, 09:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloomlord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I honestly think Troxx is a little too nice trying to explain to him things he already knows.
Troxx regularly attacks people he disagrees with on these forums. You do too. You have 350+ posts of it. That is not really nice behavior.

I don't attack anyone I disagree with. I only defend myself from nonsense like this.

I have spent a lot of time providing evidence and presenting multiple variations of explanations to try and help people understand the game.

You and Troxx have done none of that. You just insult people and think that is how you communicate your ideas. Either you are delusional, or are just trolling some more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's almost never a good reason to respond to DSM. Just let him ramble into the void.
When you can't win with facts and logic, you simply attack people you disagree with.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 11-03-2023 at 09:13 PM..
Old 11-03-2023, 09:30 PM
Fire Giant

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-03-2023, 10:55 PM
Fire Giant

DSM confirmed retard, lets LoL together
Old 11-04-2023, 01:41 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
DSM confirmed retard, lets LoL together
You turned tail and ran away when it was clear he was going to prove you wrong.
Old 11-04-2023, 01:42 PM
Planar Protector

DSM is actually right about a lot of things. He is situationally a good source of information. There are a few things that he is just flat wrong on (hey none of us are perfect) … and several other things he is highly opinionated but are subjective (ie regen vs FSI). Especially with FSI … that one can be a matter of opinion. If you truly value that FSI … it may be a thing you’re willing to sacrifice regen for … and that’s ok as long as you know what you’re giving up.

The big problem is that whatever his opinion is, he digs in fully and is incapable of abstract thought. Beyond that, incredibly condescending.

DSM threads end up being about a fairly narrow range of topics - generally relating to shamans, SKs, and his personal preferences as it relates to race/class combos.

Narrow-mindedness, lack of humility, and a warped view of the scientific method are the issue.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 11-04-2023, 01:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
DSM is actually right about a lot of things. He is situationally a good source of information. There are a few things that he is just flat wrong on (hey none of us are perfect) … and several other things he is highly opinionated but are subjective (ie regen vs FSI). Especially with FSI … that one can be a matter of opinion. If you truly value that FSI … it may be a thing you’re willing to sacrifice regen for … and that’s ok as long as you know what you’re giving up.

The big problem is that whatever his opinion is, he digs in fully and is incapable of abstract thought. Beyond that, incredibly condescending.

DSM threads end up being about a fairly narrow range of topics - generally relating to shamans, SKs, and his personal preferences as it relates to race/class combos.

Narrow-mindedness, lack of humility, and a warped view of the scientific method are the issue.
I use to think he was a troll because tbh its a good ass troll, but I think he’s just oblivious now.
Old 11-04-2023, 02:03 PM
Planar Protector

The best race is the one you like most on the velious fashion page.
Old 11-04-2023, 02:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I appreciate you are toning down your obvious insults and trolling. It looks like you are finally learning that being a complete asshole to everybody all the time is not the way to get people to agree with you. You also aren't insulting autistic people anymore, which is good.

You claim I have a warped view of the scientific method, but the warped view is clearly your own. You think a pixelated screenshot of an excel spreadsheet is superior evidence to videos with logs. Unlike yourself, I have never said my evidence is 100% conclusive with no room for doubt. If you can provide better evidence I will happily admit defeat. The problem is you DON'T provide better evidence. You stubbornly hold on to the idea your pixelated screenshot of an excel spreadsheet is the only data you need to prove you are correct. You keep asking other people to provide evidence for your own claims, which isn't how the process works.

You claim I am unable to think abstractly, but you are the one who needs a video of me specifically in a four man group doing DPS to see how much DPS a Shaman can do. You cannot use abstract thinking to translate a solo DPS video into a group DPS situation.

You claim I lack humility, but you are the one who is resorting to trolling when you don't want to admit you may be wrong. You are so desperate to be correct that you will accept the help of other trolls to gang up on people you disagree with. This gives the illusion other people agree with you, which boosts your ego.

You claim I am narrow minded, but you are the one who keeps saying that all the truth has been discovered, which is why you don't need to provide evidence for your claims.

This is why you are narrow minded, unable to think abstractly, lack humility, and have a warped view of the scientific method. The accusations you hurtle at me are simply projections of your own issues. Fix yourself and bring real evidence to prove me wrong. If what I am saying is so obviously wrong, it should be very easy to do this.

If you want to be a troll, go full troll so people know what you are. If you want to help people on these forums, don't troll at all. Being in the middle is the worst of both worlds, because nobody can tell when you are being serious, and when you are trolling. You just discredit yourself, and aren't funny doing it.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 11-04-2023 at 02:31 PM..