Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Is variance still needed?
Yes, it promotes "competition" 75 29.18%
No, its an unneccesary non-classic time sink 182 70.82%
Voters: 257. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 03:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slave [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
TMO, you have the right to state your displeasure with the removal of the artificial system that has been such a boon for your guild.

You do NOT have the right to call a long-needed and soul-wrangled compromise "a stupid fucking idea" without looking like a total douchebag.

The developers deserve a ton of credit for taking swifter and more effective action than anyone has had a right to expect.
Damn they just got served. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-12-2012, 03:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Damn they just got served. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Great addition to the discussion, I really see your points about these proposed changes.
Serilis - 60 Wizard
Decisive - 60 Bard
Winsloe - 60 Rogue
Zaggasauarus - 27 Necro
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambrotos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
3. Another random idea: I would love to see 'char binding'. In other words for the duration of the simulated repop you can only have one character of L45+ logged on. This prevents people with 3+ L60 chars from camping them out fully buffed at each spawnpoint and switching rapidly between accounts.
IP exemptions are for people to have others play with them at their houses. It's not to have a number of accounts with IP exemptions because they lied as to why they wanted one, so they can have one ready to log in as soon as something spawns. It is now something we can watch for.
I hope you're not saying that you are going to punish people switching characters really fast because of the exemption. If my kid isn't on the game when I'm switching, its not my fault [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. Besides the block is only like 1 minute, the difference between having it and not having it isn't that big a deal even in raid race situations.
Last edited by Raavak; 10-12-2012 at 03:46 PM.. Reason: clarity
Fire Giant

Since others are offering up suggestions, server reset Naggy and Vox should be off limits to raiding guilds. Three hour Naggy/Vox pickup raids with 60 noobs continuously training themselves is classic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-12-2012, 03:44 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by KefkaPalazzo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am starting to see why WoW went with instances lol. Grown ass men and she-men hogging all the pixels.
BORING
Old 10-12-2012, 03:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raavak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think he means having multiple chars in game at the same time, but rather having the ability to log in multiple raid-able chars that are buffed and camped at various locations for easy "mobilization". People do this but I think it is not all that many, except maybe for people with lvl 52s in SolB.
Yes, this is what I mean, and I think with simultaneous repops it will become much more prevalent.

Anyway, I'm just happy to see some action. If rogean has another post requesting velious developers i might have to send him a case of beer.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 10-12-2012, 03:46 PM
Planar Protector

Locking the ability for people to play the characters they want is not good for anything.

Oh, I accidentally logged in the wrong 46+, looks like I'm stuck on it for 5 hours.

Need an extra cleric for this raid or cleric left the group and I could replace him? Sorry, can't log on to my other characters until the repop is done.

Oh I'll buff our group with c2 my enchanter is camped at KC entrance. Oh, never mind.

Too many situations where this just interrupts the flow of gameplay. I understand your concern about people camping out multiple characters at multiple mobs, but I think its a lot more limited and small scale than you currently believe it to be. This is coming from somebody with more 60s than anybody should have (sigh).
Serilis - 60 Wizard
Decisive - 60 Bard
Winsloe - 60 Rogue
Zaggasauarus - 27 Necro
Old 10-12-2012, 03:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
BORING
Ya because unemployed middle aged men living at home competing over content by setting up a 72 hour observation post is really exciting!
Old 10-12-2012, 03:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by KefkaPalazzo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ya because unemployed middle aged men living at home competing over content by setting up a 72 hour observation post is really exciting!
Very inaccurate picture of what is going on right now.
Serilis - 60 Wizard
Decisive - 60 Bard
Winsloe - 60 Rogue
Zaggasauarus - 27 Necro
Old 10-12-2012, 03:50 PM
Banned

Please explain.
Closed Thread