Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: do you think the current VP rules are bullshit?
yes 327 68.99%
no 147 31.01%
Voters: 474. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2013, 11:11 PM
Kobold

Dreaming about poopsocking pd gets you off, doesn't it.
Old 09-07-2013, 11:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llodd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I appreciate that (I think I was refering to the pathing too). And obviously you're not staff so anything said here is based on players experience, again something you're probably more qualified at than most all things considered.

And fwiw I don't blame the staff at all. They stay out of these discussion, and never give timetables or finish dates for obvious reasons.

But still. It is perplexing that the endzone (really is worth stressing that I feel) of Kunark just hasn't been sorted out after all this time.

Even if training were never to be discarded in there it would make sense, to my mind atleast, to make that a bit more challenging. As it currently stands (as far as I know) there's very little skill invovled in being able to dump trains on others and live fairly easily. The staff don't appear to be adverse to the train situation, prossibly as a result of their non pve background, but I think it would be beneficial to address the pathing issues comprehensively to atleast add some element of skill.
I made it a point to talk to staff and their friends(players) as often as I could, just to see how things were and to just generally be friendly. I was also a part of VP opening up and had the privilege of hearing the reasons why VP was delayed (the many different stories/reasons). I'm sure I am not 100% spot on with everything, but mostly close.

When VP was released, Rogean and Nilbog both attended the first, second, and even the third round of VP raids (I think they even came in after changes later down the road). The one thing that didn't happen when they made changes (that I ever noticed) was seeing VP pathing getting updates as the encounters were. Nilbog made sure the encounters were as close to classic as possible and not long after that moved on to Velious it seemed. Rogean makes changes, but as most know he doesn't focus on pathing issues. Basically you have a zone that functions, but pathing is horrid. One of the reasons given to VP being delayed so long in the first place was that it just wasn't functioning and when players pushed for it to be released... well we got it (after another slight delay).

The staff here work very hard for being something they do for free. Focusing on releasing Velious is far greater than focusing on a zone that very little of the server will experience even if it was functioning properly and had proper classic rules (no training). Pleasing the greatest number of people and drawing more players back is far greater than satisfying a few raiding guilds for a few weeks. You can argue that not fixing pathing and enforcing rules is an option, but it's not when CSR says it's not so we fall back on waiting until Velious or hoping that the new pathing dev can find time outside of working on Velious to fix VP's issues.

The end-game zone of Kunark just isn't a top priority compared to other things (pathing wise) and CSR already has the work load they are comfortable dealing with in their spare time.

In the end, players can only blame themselves for VP and its rules after pushing a pathing dev (who was pretty decent) off the project. I doubt you'll find anyone in TMO who will shed a tear on that note though.
Old 09-07-2013, 11:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luchino [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dreaming about poopsocking pd gets you off, doesn't it.
Another great intelligent addition to the discussion from someone who only posted here to derail with rnf type posts. Why did you waste your time clicking on this thread if that's all you have to offer?

All 100 pages of this post have 1 thing in common, and that is the shithead trolls trying to derail a serious discussion which a lot of folks feel strongly about. Please fuck off to rants and flames and let the mature adults have a peaceful discussion about the future and present state of p99 endgame raiding, thanks. Fuck where da forum mods at.
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 09-08-2013, 02:03 AM
Kobold

I'm not the one reiterating the same drawn out argument. Tmo came to VP as underdogs and won. You guys had a lot of momentum earlier this year, Druushk was a great kill. But then it seems we shut the door on you. I hear you guys just bank teeth? Key up and try again. Before fte shouts we had to petition every mob. If I was a GM coming home from work knowing that I had to look over 10 fraps videos and a laundry list of whiney petitions, on top of my normal resposibilities, I wouldn't want to log in. That's exactly what it's going to be like if they stop training.
Old 09-08-2013, 02:07 AM
Planar Protector

Or people could just not train like newbs.

No reason to train.
No reason to pull every dragon in VP to entrance, this is how trains/pathing exploits occur.
You're just using the whole GM side of it as an excuse to defend griefing and training of other players.
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 09-08-2013, 02:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasslehofp99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or people could just not train like newbs.

No reason to train.
No reason to pull every dragon in VP to entrance, this is how trains/pathing exploits occur.
You're just using the whole GM side of it as an excuse to defend griefing and training of other players.
No, he stated it's allowed and gave the correct reason why.

the reason to train is because they don't like you.
Old 09-08-2013, 02:17 AM
Planar Protector

Tasslehof was completely willing to take part in training for VP until his team lost momentum.
Old 09-08-2013, 02:26 AM
Kobold

Just play the game you have in front of you. We're not paying a monthly subscription. They will fix shit as they can, as they always have. Releasing Velious would benefit the many, where putting man hours into VP would benefit the few... very few. Also, no one in their right mind would ever clear up to the dragons. Two minute respawn time on trash with chances of splits or double splits? You're going to need numbers that zone has never seen before. With Harmony being removed soon, training trash away will be undoubtedly be the way to go, as it has been.
Old 09-08-2013, 02:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tasslehof was completely willing to take part in training for VP until his team lost momentum.
Yeah, totally!

I could still zone into VP and attempt training anytime I want, but I've chosen to instead work towards fixing a non-classic mechanic in the p99 raiding scene. I just don't understand all of the ruffled feathers really, just trying to help fix p99s raiding scene while also refuting the belief that trains were ever allowed by live GMs.
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 09-08-2013, 02:30 AM
Fire Giant

tmo I have fraps running

TMO IS WIPING OUR RAID FROM AOE CONE DEADLY LIFETAP!

shit like the above is why you cant even kill a one groupable broken mob with a raid force; your zerg force doesnt even know wtf they are doing or fighting.

Zergling go forth with your soul fire and pray for fte and another guild showing up killing it for you.

this is sad and pathetic... should hurry up and sac hoff down like shinko did.

Maybe you can properly spell something at the tunnel with your corpses lol

dont forget to award meaningless dkp for the zerglings you force to organize your corpses at the tunnel for you
Closed Thread