Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 02:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You nerds and your strings.

P.S. Hi Liia/Svenn/Loraen and welcome aboard Dald.
If you start playing again, I might consider playing more again.
Old 05-28-2015, 03:12 PM
Planar Protector

Sup Zanderr/Jemaine

I'm currently immersed in the stormy shores of Azeroth. This stuff excites me, but I always log in, talk in guild for 10 minutes, and realize there's nothing in game to do.
Old 06-11-2015, 03:52 PM
Planar Protector

Wish beta were up. Feel like playing around in the snow today.
Old 06-11-2015, 08:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by colcelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not in the list but I was happy with this. Basically charm just held and I spam healed pet...as for how the Wraith was solo, you'll never know!

http://www.twitch.tv/redwjamz/c/6765396
Yea when I got my Wraith, it was just Wraith up in Fear, was a nice solo kill, got it looted on my enchanter and right after I looted Head, 5 seconds later half of the plane respawned on top of me because someone had AE cleared fear.

Wraith is nice because its a 3 day respawn, you can guestimate roughly from the time of CTs death + some change. So someone may have cleared Fear 8 hours prior to this leaving the plane empty with just the Wraith up.
Old 06-19-2015, 08:24 PM
Planar Protector

heya pals, miss the good old days. WoW just isn't EQ-level of immersion man
Old 07-27-2015, 11:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wish beta were up. Feel like playing around in the snow today.
I'm real curious to see if there will be some solid posts to this thread in a few weeks!
Old 07-27-2015, 11:39 AM
Banned

I solo'd lodizal p99 beta when they first opened the beta server.

Thought it was a big building and was excited to see what wonders awaited me inside!

Long story short, I didn't find the door.

Also, as it turns out, he was the artist and not I. You should have seen it! He made a really impressive Pollock-style 3-d piece using halfling blood, bones and assorted pieces on a snow/ice canvas!
Old 07-27-2015, 11:51 AM
Planar Protector

Thinking about this some more, I think I might just try to reopen the Solo Artist Challenge for Velious. I think the slate kind of needs to be wiped clean; there have been too many mechanics changes (NPCs got tougher with more attack rounds, invis pulling was removed, clickies now reset global cooldown, assist aggro, Donals BP about to get a well-deserved nerf, Velious gear will power up players a lot). So we can call the first results Season 1 or Season Kunark or w/e.

I'm not sure we can really have a list with ranks until we get a feel for how challenging things are, though. And in general Velious is much harder. Say Vaniki for example isn't going to be soloed or even duoed (I think!) so I think it might be fun to get maybe quartets and full groups in there somewhere. Maybe pasi could come up with a draft list of NPCs to kind of get the ball rolling for the first month.
Old 07-27-2015, 11:59 AM
Sarnak

Would be nice to keep the Kunark version going with some amended rules about what gear/spells you can use.

as long as you only use kunark gear, no reason to close that out.

just saying.
Solo Kills
Old 07-27-2015, 12:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maurilax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Would be nice to keep the Kunark version going with some amended rules about what gear/spells you can use.

as long as you only use kunark gear, no reason to close that out.

just saying.
Most of the best kills are no longer possible. Sebilite protector solo for example was only possible because of broken invis pulling.

The Velious list of named mobs though isn't that extensive. I mean... There's Velketors, 4-5 named in DN/SG, WW Dragons and maybe some random quest mobs in Kael?

I dunno, I can't think of many targets for a Soloer. Some Duo/Trio targets would be cool, maybe Kelorek'Dar with 3~ for example.

PS - Ice Burrower should be on the list. All prior Kunark mobs were racist against classes without slow and/or charm.

But more generally, there should be more mobs/targets that include more types of soloers. Rather than the list being just Enchanters, Torpor Shamans and Puppet Strings users.
Last edited by Daldaen; 07-27-2015 at 12:28 PM..
Closed Thread