Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

View Poll Results: Which would you prefer?
Serverwide PvP Messages(including players, their locations) 105 66.46%
Zonewide PvP Messages(including players) 17 10.76%
No PvP Messages 34 21.52%
Other(explain in thread) 2 1.27%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 06:57 PM
Planar Protector

It actually stops griefing more than starts it. If someone is spamming broadcasts via bind camping someone, usually someone will go play hero and kill them. It keeps griefers in check.
Old 08-27-2012, 07:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SearyxTZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It actually stops griefing more than starts it. If someone is spamming broadcasts via bind camping someone, usually someone will go play hero and kill them. It keeps griefers in check.
Yeah some twink is mopping the floor with some guy in Oasis over and over. KC or CoM group guy "Oh im going to stop this grouping to go help a random naked noob getting owned in oasis, brb logging my 15 SK. "

Super likely scenario

A high ender getting owned liked that will scream in guildchat anyway so its not like he needs the loc being broadcasted

Still, voted yes with loc. Cuz i have no illusion of server taking off at this point, so it might just stir end game up a bit and get people to pvp.
Last edited by Tradesonred; 08-27-2012 at 07:43 PM..
Old 08-27-2012, 07:47 PM
Planar Protector

Oh, ok. Yeah, your think tank logic trumps my years of playing on red servers with YT and seeing the scenario of a broadcast-spamming griefer killed as a direct result of said broadcasts (usually by a druid/wizard).

bind camping isn't policed here but it also made it obvious/easier for staff to investigate those incidents
Old 08-27-2012, 07:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SearyxTZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh, ok. Yeah, your think tank logic trumps my years of playing on red servers with YT and seeing the scenario of a broadcast-spamming griefer killed as a direct result of said broadcasts (usually by a druid/wizard).

bind camping isn't policed here but it also made it obvious/easier for staff to investigate those incidents
Yeah i can totally see either the PVE first crowds or the Holocaust crowd going

Oh! Some guy getting GRIEFED? ON MY SERVER?!?! HERE I COME TO SAVE THE DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!

Your years of experience are irrelevant, we have the community we have, here, now.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:06 PM
Planar Protector

If the guy was in range I would likely go help the guy out.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:51 PM
Banned

YT =! greifing.... could it motivate someone to greif? Yeah, just about everything can. Will it, not really.

Some of us would like a server with no global chat, like no guild chat, and only /say man the RP value would be lulz, but having /ooc, /guild and /g to allow people to get organized does not increase the amount that nihi dies.

If you are that guy in oasis spamming yellow text deaths, might want to take a break from oasis for a bit and /q for awhile.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:33 PM
Fire Giant

global ooc good enough for me..

[ANONYMOUS] dip|o the Conjurer
Old 08-27-2012, 10:56 PM
Planar Protector

i want yt b/c it encourages pvp in zones and will keep griefers in check!
on tz/vz it used to create zones where blood would just rain... so if you wanted pvp you would go to those zones; if you didn't you stayed the fuck away and pve'ed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune View Post
Dance puppets dance.
Old 08-28-2012, 04:37 PM
Aviak

Send a message via AIM to TheLieka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevynne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i want yt b/c it encourages pvp in zones and will keep griefers in check!
on tz/vz it used to create zones where blood would just rain... so if you wanted pvp you would go to those zones; if you didn't you stayed the fuck away and pve'ed.
qft

EQEmu
[Founder] Daxum (ServerOp) <Vallon Zek / Tallon Zek (VZTZ) Emu Server> - Legit / Guild PvP - (2007 - 2011 RIP)
[Developer] TheLieka (Code Monkey) <EQEmulator.net>
Vallon Zek
[60 Enchanter] Stiles (Dark Elf) <Torrent>, <Silent Souls>, <Vexare>, <Macabre>
Project 1999 (Blue)
[50 Enchanter] Stiles (Dark Elf)
Old 08-28-2012, 08:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If the reasoning for the broadcasts is to promote pvp awareness and not ego stroking then why not have a system in place that broadcasts big pvp battles. If several deaths occur in the same zone it could mention that there has/is a battle occurring in the zone with x players involved. Possibly mention guild names if it's a definitive guild vs guild.

Just trying to come up with ideas as a compromise.
i like the idea but the number of players to die, would need to be around 2 or 3 peeps. Imo most people roll around in groups of that size if they are looking for pvp.
Closed Thread