Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2016, 11:37 PM
Banned

Location: ✿Kohai in the Streets, Senpai in the Sheets❤( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Send a message via ICQ to Xaanka Send a message via AIM to Xaanka Send a message via Yahoo to Xaanka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningbreath [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Simple answer for me: no invis. With a decent Velious weapon you're going to do more than sufficient damage as a paladin but travel is going to to be a headache.
ring of shadows (blue) or invis pots (red)??
Old 02-23-2016, 02:42 AM
Planar Protector

Because palies can't worship Bertoxxulous of course, what else?
Old 02-23-2016, 04:28 PM
Planar Protector

question: why no palies?

answer: because they're called paladins

get it right
Old 02-23-2016, 05:58 PM
Planar Protector

Is the Tunare only sword in the game yet? Forgot the name, Nature's Scimitar or something like that
Old 02-23-2016, 06:07 PM
Planar Protector

Nature's Defender should be in-game. I haven't seen anyone using it yet, though, partly because Tunare-following Paladins are a minority of an already rare class, and partly because so many Paladins tend to get their standard epic, anyway.

Danth
Old 02-26-2016, 05:38 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did anyone make a paladin as a result of this thread?

Also agreed on the invis, feels good clicking an item to insta-invis wherever I go on my SK, would miss that.
Lack of invis can be fixed with items and pots. Hard to deny how awesome the CoS is though.

This thread, and the epic defence of paladin thread, got be returning to my paladin awhile back.

I think the reason many paladins stop playing is due to the class not getting a complete toolset till lvl30. That said, Root aggro + FoL works decently till you get your stun. Healing on inc works too. But yeah, before lvl30 it sometimes felt like something was missing.

After lvl30 though. I am having a lot of fun. This spell enhances almost every spell you have. Stun + heal/root/FoL. Saved so many enchanters like this. For backup, when things go to hell, I have my "OH SHIT!"-button in the form of Lay Hands. FoL is also a beautiful tool for ensuring the mob attacks me before breaking mezz. Lay Hands, on its own, can save a group(or even raid) from falling apart. I cannot say the same for harm touch.

Then there's the heals, of which use is kinda obvious, but your heals are not pitiful like a ranger. They're actually worth casting to keep people alive in an engagement, i.e. not an futile excercise which only prolong(and not for long) the inevitable.

That said, I'm not going to claim paladins are superior to SKs. Both SK/PAL are exceptional at maintaining aggro and a real asset to any exp group. The rarity of paladins can probably be attributed to the issues up till lvl20-30 + the hybrid pen in the past which I can see being enough to discourage people to even get past lvl20, indeed, even creating one to begin with.

However, now that I've gone beyond lvl30. I've reached the point where I'm not even on any alts anymore.
Old 03-01-2016, 03:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixtar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the reason many paladins stop playing is due to the class not getting a complete toolset till lvl30.
sorry, but SK are in the same state, we only get FD, invis, pbae spell and our first real dot at 30
Old 03-01-2016, 07:46 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
sorry, but SK are in the same state, we only get FD, invis, pbae spell and our first real dot at 30
The point I'm making is that not having a ranged aggro spell vs having one makes a difference. Compound that with essentially being a lvl9 paladin with a lot of HP/mana untill you ding lvl30 and the drop-off rate starts to make sense.
Old 03-01-2016, 09:55 AM
Planar Protector

everyone left out that the best tank races (Ogre, Troll, Barb, and to some extent Iksar) can't be paladins. the best option statwise for paladins is dwarf, and even then it's kinda moot.
paladin great class but has shitty combinations (HIE PAL, ERU PAL, HUM PAL, HEF PAL)
the only truly viable pally option is dwarf pally.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a side note, fuck fighting a Paladin on Red. Exercise in futility.
its even worse when they get velious geared. at the point paladins unkillable.
also twinked paladins <SEE ANTIMATTER> are fuckin terrifying
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune View Post
Dance puppets dance.
Last edited by Kevynne; 03-01-2016 at 09:59 AM..
Old 03-03-2016, 12:11 AM
Banned

Location: ✿Kohai in the Streets, Senpai in the Sheets❤( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Send a message via ICQ to Xaanka Send a message via AIM to Xaanka Send a message via Yahoo to Xaanka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevynne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
everyone left out that the best tank races (Ogre, Troll, Barb, and to some extent Iksar) can't be paladins. the best option statwise for paladins is dwarf, and even then it's kinda moot.
paladin great class but has shitty combinations (HIE PAL, ERU PAL, HUM PAL, HEF PAL)
the only truly viable pally option is dwarf pally.

its even worse when they get velious geared. at the point paladins unkillable.
also twinked paladins <SEE ANTIMATTER> are fuckin terrifying
race doesn't matter for any class except like necros and shamans tho. get a primal and all your melee stats are maxed, only ones that matter are sta/wis.
Closed Thread