Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2019, 06:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enme [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty sure this didn't happen. I killed the first few ee that died on beta with my lvl 35 Mage (at the time) Harms.
Lol Harms I spoke to you in-game (Peter on beta). No, you are right, it didn't. Mages are getting no adjustments from Blue, unfortunately.
Old 10-24-2019, 06:45 AM
Planar Protector

I've made the case for mage pets being research only until May 99 but we'll see what the staff decides.
Old 10-24-2019, 06:57 AM
Planar Protector

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've made the case for mage pets being research only until May 99 but we'll see what the staff decides.
i think it is a very good post. I remember most mages being ... not that good in real vanilla? like they were ok. while on green beta every mage is wrecking, and it's not like we came up with new genius plays beyond "summon pet ad nauseum." people did that in vanilla too and it didn't work this good. something is different. this and the original brokenness of research go a long way to explain why.

one can argue the devs "would" have fixed it and thus it should be fixed on green too, but then one can just as well argue mage crews would have been nerfed in response to their insane early power, and only weren't because you couldn't make the pets easily. by the time research was fixed, other classes had geared up to come into their own. but all things considered i'd rather have mages be a little too strong than a little too weak, so I hope it's considered carefully. :3