Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2019, 08:08 AM
Banned

Already been up for 5 1/2 hours this morning. Time for some coffee.
Old 07-25-2019, 08:55 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fucking nerds [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Sorry you have to zerg and the spotlight no longer shines so bright on your face.

May I suggest some shots of Bleeding Brain and chase it with some Skull Ale to ease the pain? That is my combo to dull the kicks Norrath deals out from time to time.
Your word salad posts are incomprehensible and you should probably stop making so goddamn many of them
Old 07-25-2019, 08:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesBarkley [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your word salad posts are incomprehensible and you should probably stop making so goddamn many of them
Kiss my ass, clear enough?
Old 07-25-2019, 10:43 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xulia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
THAT is subjective.
NToV crawl meta has a much larger margin for error because one dead player or split second of distraction doesn't lose the engage. Also, the weight of winning the engage now falls on an entire zerg (60+) rather just a small crew (~5). That is not subjective.

I doubt you participated much--if at all--in that era so it's not your fault for misunderstanding.
Old 07-25-2019, 11:01 AM
Planar Protector

Gotta love the Riot members arguing with each other
Old 07-25-2019, 11:01 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
NToV crawl meta has a much larger margin for error because one dead player or split second of distraction doesn't lose the engage. Also, the weight of winning the engage now falls on an entire zerg (60+) rather just a small crew (~5). That is not subjective.

I doubt you participated much--if at all--in that era so it's not your fault for misunderstanding.
The figures you described are actual real numbers that aren't subjective. However, the idea of something like what you described:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
to get CoTH'd within 12 seconds of a dragon spawning, timing your disc and DA to FTE that dragon, quickly maneuver and coordinate with at least five other people to bring a dragon solo to the entrance through the most hellish zone in the game.
That being fun and/or taking skill is subjective, and that's what I was referring to. I doubt you spend much time --if at all--talking to other people without failing to be condescending so it's not your fault for misunderstanding.
Old 07-25-2019, 11:06 AM
Banned

Default Divas having to deal with it.

Quote:

So the spotlight is no longer shining so brightly on your face, it's not the stardom that it once was for you. It does fall on the entire zerg now, which means more than just a few folks to do the playmaking. Hard times when you are not the star.

Here's A shot and a chaser
Old 07-25-2019, 11:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by feniin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gotta love the Riot members arguing with each other
I think that was larry but im not sure. Regardless its RNF, he talks shit directly to me and he gets it right back.

Besides, I asked to be shit on. Accustomed to it from the message boards I have been on. Don't always get where another is coming from and people are not forced to like each other.
Old 07-25-2019, 02:07 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xulia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That being fun and/or taking skill is subjective, and that's what I was referring to.
If you get better at something the more you do it, would you say that activity requires skill?

Quote:
I doubt you spend much time --if at all--talking to other people without failing to be condescending so it's not your fault for misunderstanding.
This sentence makes no sense.
Old 07-25-2019, 02:50 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
If you get better at something the more you do it, would you say that activity requires skill?
I would examine that claim based upon the activity in question. Let's take the old ToV pulls to the ent as an example:

You can only understand a virtual 3-dimensional space so far before you run out of space to explore, and this can be said for Spells and in-game Actions. It is possible without ever having played the game to mathematically plot the quickest path for a character to take based on their move speed, target's move speed, distance to travel, spells available, and distance moved/second where there will never be a way to improve. If you accept that your character will always move at a certain speed, the dragons would have moved at a certain speed, and the zone isn't geographically changing in any way, it's entirely possible that someone with no prior EverQuest experience could do what you've done rendering your 'skill' obsolete.

So to answer your question with another question - Can you call it a skill when it's applied math?

Quote:
This sentence makes no sense.
It's nobody else's problem that you don't get it.