Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 12:02 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaildez [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Would be a terrible idea to wipe... Starting a new server is a much better idea. Who wants to invest time into anything knowing a wipe could come?
You might be on to something...

Maybe people won't RMT and buy their way through the game if they know that their money is wasted the next time a wipe comes. Then they might *gasp* play the effing game instead of buying a character.
Old 07-25-2013, 12:06 PM
Sarnak

I just want to take a moment to discuss LordSterben. Player joins server 3 weeks ago, reads a couple of threads on board about RMTing, then assumes he knows enough about p99 and its playerbase, history, and behind the scene wheelings and dealings to make educated comments about it. You sir, are a genius. Please, tell me what the solutions are for us to be better.
Old 07-25-2013, 12:07 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Part of me thinks that the people crying loudest for the wipe are ex-hardcore elitists who just found the server in the last few months and want to "even the playing field" by playing up problems that will always exist in any incarnation of p99. They are mad they are so far behind and want to screw longtime p99 community members and players over, many of whom have acquired their items and characters legitimately. Sorry you were late for the party. Luckily, the main problem here (gross extension of content timeline) is actually something you can use to your advantage. You may be able to take down those richers! Fight the power, man!
Not me, it took me long enough to get to level 10, I still have a hardcore mindset, just not the time to play that I used to. So I want to keep my level 10 thanks.
Old 07-25-2013, 12:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea the Angry [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only reasons I can imagine are selfish reasons. Wanting to be an elitist. Wanting to be the richest.
or not wanting a dwindling, fragmented population. it takes a lot of fresh people to keep a raiding guild going - a constant stream of new 46's and 50's to replace the fully geared 60's that burn out or move on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSterben [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Part of me thinks that the people crying the loudest against a wipe are the people who paid real money for their.accounts and/or items. They might be realizing that it was a really stupid "investment."
this is unfounded and baseless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Part of me thinks that the people crying loudest for the wipe are ex-hardcore elitists who just found the server in the last few months and want to "even the playing field" by playing up problems that will always exist in any incarnation of p99. They are mad they are so far behind and want to screw longtime p99 community members and players over, many of whom have acquired their items and characters legitimately. Sorry you were late for the party. Luckily, the main problem here (gross extension of content timeline) is actually something you can use to your advantage. You may be able to take down those richers! Fight the power, man!
lol. bolded part is really good point.
Old 07-25-2013, 12:14 PM
Orc

Quote:
Why do you care? If you are just here for grouping and socializing, you can find that on both servers except one will be fresh and clean. If it's because you like to raid, well you can still do that on the existing server. Your guild can keep raiding whatever it is you raid.

The only reasons I can imagine are selfish reasons. Wanting to be an elitist. Wanting to be the richest.
Yes. You're right. Those are the ONLY reasons you could possibly object to splitting the one remaining Everquest server in existence with over 200 active players.
Old 07-25-2013, 12:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not me, it took me long enough to get to level 10, I still have a hardcore mindset, just not the time to play that I used to.
Right on man! Welcome =)

Shoot me a /tell sometime if ya need somethin!
Old 07-25-2013, 12:16 PM
Sarnak

I plated since near the beginning, burned out and quit. Everquest is boring once you get to the end, its the struggling to improve your toon thats the addicting fun part!

Tons of maxed out people would leave for a new server, hell ib quit as a guild after maxing out in kunark to go play eq mac. Nobody started on this server expecting their work to last forever.

The only thing that sucks, is that for there to be a new server, the devs have to have a reason to want to do it which im not sure they have.... people are playing their project,why increase workload just to make people happier.

Its unfortunate we couldnt do a subscription or have a fixed income model to keep the devs motivated they do a great job and the time ive put into p99 is crazy haha.

And having 2-300 people on eq classic is not underpopulated, p99 thrived around 300 for a long time before kunark!

Bashndash - < > 50 ogre war
Dashnbash - < > 50 highelf mage
Flashndash - < > 28 woodelf rogue
Old 07-25-2013, 12:17 PM
Sarnak

Sorry fr typos using my phone!!

Bashndash - < > 50 ogre war
Dashnbash - < > 50 highelf mage
Flashndash - < > 28 woodelf rogue
Old 07-25-2013, 12:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
You hit it and then you didn't. The reason I'd love a wipe regardless of the situation is that I'd like to do classic raids when they are classic-ly difficult. As an old EQ hardcore player in the current situation that cannot happen. TMO has everything on farm status as did FE and IB at points so if I join any of the 3 I get the "easy" route. If I join a raid guild that actually hasn't done the content the chances of doing the content period is nill. My only current hope is to do it in Velious which is when I became a true raider back in the day so I have experienced it.

lvl 37 Troll Shaman OF JUSTICE
Old 07-25-2013, 12:20 PM
Aviak

At least a wipe would destroy the billions of duped platinum. This economy is F-U-C-K-E-D FUCKED. No way to argue around that one.

On the wiped server at least the staff could look into players that suddenly create wealth out of no where. Here the server is so backloaded with wealth it is hard to tell the difference between legit and illegitimate players.

Wipe it or launch a new server to give players an option.
Closed Thread