Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 02:08 PM
Sarnak

The guild that has the CoS camp locked down has apparently been doing this since Kunark was released.

Who's to say that once this guild is "done" that another guild isn't going to step in do exactly the same thing?

Also, the guild doing this is a higher raiding guild, so why would they give a damn what people think of them? It's obvious they don't.

Frustrating time for anyone not in their guild.
Old 04-17-2011, 02:11 PM
Sarnak

CoS camp has traded (cross guild) hands many times, btw

I've even walked in to find the zone 100% empty before.
Old 04-17-2011, 02:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by soup [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
CoS camp has traded (cross guild) hands many times, btw

I've even walked in to find the zone 100% empty before.
This. Plus I've heard the CoS doesn't get nerfed until after Velious is released, I doubt there will be a shortage of them, and plenty of time to go get one yourself.

Mithaniel Marr
Fishytoothy | LVL 70 Troll Shaman
Stechen Meister | LVL 70 Barbarian Rogue

In Your Face Space Coyote!
Old 04-17-2011, 02:16 PM
Sarnak

I seriously hope that I'll get the chance to, or any casual players for that matter.
Old 04-17-2011, 02:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottbiscuits Dreadmuffin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I seriously hope that I'll get the chance to, or any casual players for that matter.
The things are already plummeting in price. By the time it gets nerfed there will probably be more of them in circulation than there are people playing on the server.
Old 04-17-2011, 02:32 PM
Sarnak

CoS is lore I thought? So hopefully sooner
Old 04-17-2011, 02:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by soup [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So if our bard leaves, we can't find another bard because a mage is waiting at the camp?

Or does it only apply if one of the same class is sitting there, even though 3 people in the group have had terrible experiences with that bard waiting there who doesn't know how to play?

Or is it only on camps arbitrarily labeled as easy? I'm sure GMs want even more hassle on their plate because you feel entitled to be let into someone else's group.
you can put anyone you like in your group - they just will be in line behind who ever was there before them.
You can have 3 different groups sitting in same camp spot, as long as Waiting List is observed in proper order.

--------------------------------

In alternative (better) approach: count it in KILLS of a named mob

So we have players A and B camping named mob Z - they together form a group 1 - a single entity

Now players C and D show up. Now if they can either join group 1 already there and share equally OR they can form another entity group 2, which case they placed on a wait line.

Then it works like this:
-mob Z spawns, and group 1 has the first kill
-next spawn of Z will now go to group 2
-next spawn of Z goes back to group 1
-next spawn of Z goes back to group 2 again
etc

now players E and F show up at the camp. They can either join any of the existing groups (without breaking the lien order), or they can form group 3, which will be placed into existing rotation after group 2

IMHo - this is VERY straightforward and simple approach
Last edited by Kika Maslyaka; 04-17-2011 at 02:47 PM..
Old 04-17-2011, 02:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kika Maslyaka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you can put anyone you like in your group - they just will be in line behind who ever was there before them.
You can have 3 different groups sitting in same camp spot, as long as Waiting List is observed in proper order.
So you're advocating a system where groups can't choose who joins their group but rather are forced to take the guy just because he's standing there? That's what it sounds like when you say "you can put anyone you like in your group - they just will be in line behind who ever was there before them."

You're saying that groups should be forced to accept anyone who just walks up to them? What exactly are you saying here?
Old 04-17-2011, 03:02 PM
Planar Protector

you obviously is NOT reading...
I said you can make groups of WHATEVER you like - but its players who are tracked on the waiting list, not groups

also- read the 2nd big thing- its even better way
Old 04-17-2011, 03:37 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kika Maslyaka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you obviously is NOT reading...
I said you can make groups of WHATEVER you like - but its players who are tracked on the waiting list, not groups

also- read the 2nd big thing- its even better way
you obviously is not english master

I was trying not to be a dick about it, but hey, if you want to act like one, fine. You're doing a horrible job of articulating whatever it is you're trying to say, and what you do manage to say is ridiculous.

It's players that are tracked, not groups? What does that even mean? So if someone in my group leaves, I can replace them with any player I want? So in other words absolutely nothing changes from now?

Do you think the camp passing works with one full group of people leaving and another full group rolling in? lol? And even if it did, whatever the hell it is you're advocating would do nothing to change it.
Closed Thread