Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 10:59 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tradesonred [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its not loose similarities, its trying to do what most other MMOs have tried to do since wow came out, emulating it for the most part and hoping the dollars will flow in. Its like that scene in groundhog day where Bill Murray is trying to recreate the night where he got the girl but cant get it right.

Its an outdated model for the most part. Ive tried to play Deus ex3 with all the rave reviews but i couldnt get into it because level by level feels so dated now that weve had a taste of open worlds.

Thats how ESO feels, a dated game. Instead of focusing on what makes ES great, the sandbox, they went along and made something most people are bored with by now. The go to quest hub A, move to quest hub B, then C model.

If that pleases you, ok thats not only wow thats used this. There, happy?
A dated game with a 300mil dollar budget [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Couldn't of said it better myself. If this was coming out in 2004, it would of been great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barfight
"President, its time to shut the fuck up."
Old 01-11-2014, 11:16 PM
Fire Giant

Seriously though, this game is only going to hold peoples attention for 3 maybe 4 months max. It'll be F2P before 2015 guaranteed.

Millburn Pennybags - Blue
Palmer Eldritch - Teal
Old 01-12-2014, 12:40 AM
Fire Giant

The new beta is great, I am having a ton of fun. Highly recommend.
Old 01-12-2014, 02:08 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tradesonred [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its not loose similarities, its trying to do what most other MMOs have tried to do since wow came out, emulating it for the most part and hoping the dollars will flow in. Its like that scene in groundhog day where Bill Murray is trying to recreate the night where he got the girl but cant get it right.

Its an outdated model for the most part. Ive tried to play Deus ex3 with all the rave reviews but i couldnt get into it because level by level feels so dated now that weve had a taste of open worlds.

Thats how ESO feels, a dated game. Instead of focusing on what makes ES great, the sandbox, they went along and made something most people are bored with by now. The go to quest hub A, move to quest hub B, then C model.

If that pleases you, ok thats not only wow thats used this. There, happy?
I went on ahead and edited my posts that clearly broke the NDA, I'd rather not have any trouble come of it since someone made a post about it and I know the community here is pretty shitty and I could see them reporting me.

Here is what I will say, without breaking the NDA. One hour is not long enough to see what they are trying to do. This is an MMO, it isn't a normal game. The first few hours are devoted to learning the game. Sure, in classic EverQuest they didn't hold your hand. MMO's have evolved away from the plop you into the game with a note thing because that is what MUDs used to do way back in the day and they were trying to make a visual MUD. These games are advanced, and they have more sophisticated design.

You spent an hour exploring the game? Your opinion isn't even noteworthy. Try to get past your preconception that it should be an Elder Scrolls game and once you get past the first two starting areas and enter your capital city, I guarantee that you will find the game much more to your liking. In fact, you'll be super surprised with what you will find. I do not want to post any more because while I'm excited about it and I posted a ton earlier, I would really rather be in other beta weekends because I cannot get my hands on enough of this game at the moment.
Old 01-12-2014, 02:21 AM
Aviak

I am in beta. Love it. This game is far more promising than any mmo in the past 8 years. Get the fuck over it scrubs. It reminds me of eq in a way because it is very immersive.... First person mmorpgs have an advantage over 3rd person or god mode games alone...
Old 01-12-2014, 05:47 AM
Planar Protector

#2 in Cyro right now

Halloween 2015 event: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/23440971

PL service
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=313502
Old 01-12-2014, 06:49 AM
Banned

Haters gonna hate bro. Its fun to hate on things in 2014, diden't you get the memo?
Old 01-12-2014, 11:39 AM
Planar Protector

Damn... Gonna have to wait :/
Old 01-12-2014, 11:46 AM
Fire Giant

Every new mmorpg is going to kill everything then a few months into release we find out the game is dead.
Old 01-12-2014, 12:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rec [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Every new mmorpg is going to kill everything then a few months into release we find out the game is dead.
This is exactly it.

I keep hearing everybody say how fun it is but I have yet to hear anybody talk about how satisfying it is. This is going to be a lot of fun for the first month or two and then it's going to rapidly lose its luster and after 3 to 4 months it's going to drop in population like every other MMO out there.

I'll eat my words if that doesn't happen because I really want a new solid MMO but I just don't see it with ESO.

Millburn Pennybags - Blue
Palmer Eldritch - Teal
Closed Thread