Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2014, 04:33 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uuruk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

playing wrong game dude.
Nah man, being forced to log on everyday and complete mind numbingly boring dailies is far more of a ball ache IMO.

Believe it or not i'm old enough and wise enough to know what game I want to be playing... would just be nice to relive some of the good ol' days is all
Old 07-09-2014, 05:14 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nah man, being forced to log on everyday and complete mind numbingly boring dailies is far more of a ball ache IMO.

Believe it or not i'm old enough and wise enough to know what game I want to be playing... would just be nice to relive some of the good ol' days is all
WoW hasn't been for dailies for about a year now. Get with the times!
Old 07-09-2014, 06:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It'd help those of us who live in different time zones also as even 5pm-11pm converts to 10am-4am for us Brits... I don't really wanna have to quit my job, lose my house and be unable to feed my baby boy because I want a chance of classic raiding [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Since kunark has been on farm so long, I guess there are enough alts camped out everywhere to do mobs right as they spawn, VP being the exception.

I don't think variance is the ideal solution, but it would certainly alleviate the top-end heavy situation of this server.

Sim repops would also be good but I guess thats been discussed already.

Wipe would be best of all though.
Old 07-09-2014, 08:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
It'd help those of us who live in different time zones also as even 5pm-11pm converts to 10am-4am for us Brits... I don't really wanna have to quit my job, lose my house and be unable to feed my baby boy because I want a chance of classic raiding

Only people who work a certain shift deserve to be catered too? All the people working night jobs or third shift don't deserve to enjoy the server too? Non americans also unworthy? Only the 9-5er worth worrying about huh? Selfish.
Old 07-09-2014, 09:54 AM
Planar Protector

Server would be a lot more fun if people who are playing on it wanted it to be a lot more fun. There's nothing wrong with the server, it's the neckbeards who have attracted each other who make up 90% of the playtime on the server are all in the same guild, with a pop around 200 max that shit is broken.

If you wanted fun everyone would break the fuck up and go 20 man max guilds and have a brawl, wtb some type of qeynos vs freeport server that wipes every 6 months with the same stable code as red99, please.
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Old 07-09-2014, 10:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by derpcake [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Since kunark has been on farm so long, I guess there are enough alts camped out everywhere to do mobs right as they spawn, VP being the exception.

I don't think variance is the ideal solution, but it would certainly alleviate the top-end heavy situation of this server.

Sim repops would also be good but I guess thats been discussed already.

Wipe would be best of all though.
Yeah lets wipe 2+ years of work on peoples characters because you're new to the server and don't like getting stomped on. That will be great for the long term health of the project, since all the other servers that have done wipes have lasted such a long time.

And how does variance alleviate the top-end situation of the server? I see people throw things out like that, or it'll increase population, somehow break Nihilum into pieces and stuff. It's ridiculous. All variance does is require bigger zergs to make sure you can batphone in enough people at any point of the day. I don't know why pro-variance people have this expectation that the top PVE guild will just roll over and stop doing what it takes to get almost every raid target. That isn't how EQ works, and it isn't how it has ever worked.

But mostly I just feel bad that some people are buying in to Lite's propaganda about it being for server health. Variance ups the time investment to be successful in this game 1000%, so the largest negative impact of its implementation falls squarely on the people they are proposing to help. It's just a veiled "F with Nihilum" strategy attempting to utilize the staff to systematically damage Nihilum where they could not through legitimate contention.

This cycle repeats itself over and over like clockwork. Azrael rises up in numbers, maybe wins a few battles/raid targets, Nihilium responds by overwhelming them and half quit. The next step is petition/forumquest where we see level 56 naked port bots repeatedly porting into raids trying to bait PNP violations and other nonsense. They literally do nothing but try to get Nihilum players banned, while simultaneously shitting up the forums with requests of the staff to change the game to fit their playstyle. Stick around long enough and you'll see it happen again and again and again.

To anyone fighting for variance I'll just ask a simple question - if we had 2-3 simulated repops a month (which has been proven to land raid targets outside of Nihilum) what exactly is your problem with that system? Does that accomplish exactly what you're after, PVE raid targets going to the non uberguild? Amazingly Nihilum has been very supportive of this idea and most of us congratulate the newer guilds when they are able to mobilize and get targets after a repop.
Old 07-09-2014, 10:04 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Not_Kazowi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smedy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Server would be a lot more fun if people who are playing on it wanted it to be a lot more fun. There's nothing wrong with the server, it's the neckbeards who have attracted each other who make up 90% of the playtime on the server are all in the same guild, with a pop around 200 max that shit is broken.

If you wanted fun everyone would break the fuck up and go 20 man max guilds and have a brawl, wtb some type of qeynos vs freeport server that wipes every 6 months with the same stable code as red99, please.
Won't ever happen and you know why. I was always trying to keep heresy at an equilibrium for the sake of competition, but certain influences here didn't exist on VZTZ.
Old 07-09-2014, 10:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Jeebus....EQ Classic experience has always been about the guild that is the fastest to organize, and willing to poop sock....either get on the train, or go take your guild to your own emu server and pop shit on your own timeline

There is always the guild that whines, and the guild that wins...I dont even play and I can tell Hokuten is the latter
Old 07-09-2014, 10:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karafa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't know who this guy is but man is he stupid.
Please take your insults to RNF and don't shit up the server forums, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karafa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No one is arguing that Nihilum is going to just roll over and not track targets if variance is enabled.
Ok so we won't roll over?

Quote:
We are arguing that outside of the super small chance of a mob popping while lesser guilds raid, that these new guilds still benefit.
Here is the problem with your theory. Lets pretend we have 4 hour variance on 7 day spawns. Your guild schedules a Hate raid at 7PM the day Innoruuk spawns. The previous week Innoruuk died at 11:16 PM. We have the timer and know that he can spawn this week between 7:16 PM and 3:16 AM. What are the odds you guys get to continue raiding after 7:15 PM? There is never going to be a situation where you're doing some planar gear clear and a raid target spawns dude, it will just NOT HAPPEN. If getting your pickup raids wiped out repeatedly is the kind of PVP you're looking for then I guess that situation works for you?

Quote:
You welfare collecting nihilums will quickly burn out tracking, and the resources spent tracking are less resources spent going out of your way to kill the rage fire merchant or princess in isle 1 sky (how sad LOL).
Ok so we will roll over?

Quote:
You act like hokuten doesn't have the numbers to slay dragons. No, in reality hokuten doesn't have the numbers to contest 35 nerds that will log another alt the moment they die.
Who said that? You killed 3 dragons last simulated repop. What you don't have numbers for is a 2AM batphone to contest a dragon. Or a 5PM batphone. Or an 11AM batphone. And enough with the no life/nerd/loser comments. Every one of us is playing an emu of a 15 year old video game. We're all nerds. All it does is make you look like a whiner when you say things like that. Video games are no different than any aspect of life, if you put more time in you'll reap more rewards.

Quote:
Hokuten has no problem tracking and no lifing content. Are we going to take bat phones at 3 am? Probably not, most of us aren't going through divorce like retti and actually work. Give the new guilds a chance to compete, because as it stands new guilds are stuck doing hate/fear and the occasional double bone razor Draco.

Simulated repops got you dragons, what's wrong with that system? And more r/l talk/insults...how f'ing rustled are you bro? Take it easy. And you're much more likely to lose those planar gear clears than gain a dragon tbo.
Old 07-09-2014, 10:40 AM
Banned

tldr good god man get a grip
Closed Thread