Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2014, 05:59 PM
Aviak

On live I rolled an DE SK and when I got to lvl 60 during the PoP days I learned that I messed up my starting points and was buying terrible gear... clerics hated when i tanked... also my name sounded girly, Radenia... got harrassed about it alot. getting unlocked for plane of earth and quitting EQ after when all I wanted to do was kill quarm... I won a roll on a SK only shield that drops from the dragon in lavastorm agaisnt someone who really wanted it. He was chatting with me saying gj bla bla and when I told him "ya this is great now I can lvl up my bash, never used a shield before" (I only used 2handers at the time, he always had a shield). He became very upset with me after that and ignored me in the guild for the rest of my EQ days. I was a total noob playing my first and only toon on live i dont even know how a guild invited me to help them kill the gods in PoP lol.

This isnt a stupid story but facing the plauge bringer god in PoD i got too much agro and was getting beat on but for some reason the game blessed me and i was invincible, my health was dropping dramatically fast but also rising to 100% just as fast. Normally because my stats and sk sucked so much that i should of died in 2 or 3 hits and no way the healers were healing me as quickly as he turned on me. This lasted more than a minute and my jaw was on the floor while i was staring at my health bar. When he finally went down i tried explaining it to the raid and guild chat... no one cared =/ it was one of the most heart pounding moments for me in PoP until fighting PoT gods [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Sajuuk; 12-10-2014 at 06:01 PM..
Old 12-11-2014, 11:58 AM
Planar Protector

During Kunark era, I was racing to be the first enchanter to hit 60 on my server. I was bound outside sebilis, as was common. After a long session, at level 56, I gated out, and went out to run to the store.

While I was gone, someone had trained the orb room in trak teeth where I was bound. I came back to the computer realizing I had death looped and was now level 54.

I still was second chanter to level 60 on Quellious. But that was the last time I ever went afk at a potentially dangerous bind spot.
Old 12-11-2014, 12:23 PM
Planar Protector

Never did this, but the stupidest thing anyone could have done was buy one of those infinite money making guides off the web in classic.

Here is one of them: http://scmelze02.tripod.com/sitebuil...tinumguide.pdf

Note how it says you will have infinite platinum by making 50-75 platinum per hour.
Old 12-11-2014, 12:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanderklocke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Never did this, but the stupidest thing anyone could have done was buy one of those infinite money making guides off the web in classic.

Note how it says you will have infinite platinum by making 50-75 platinum per hour.
Yeah, ebay had a ton of different ones back in the day. I guess some of them might have worked but who has the time to do it. Only Quick money at lower levels I have ever found is to have a Port Whore Porting. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-11-2014, 01:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanderklocke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Lol I remember all those powerleveling and money guides, I never bought one but I always wondered if they were really any good. Reading that one, I'm glad I didn't.

I can't think of any specific real specific things about my days back in 2000 but I do remember that when I first started by buddy's older brother had a high level enchanter in a big guild on Bristlebane. He gave me a ton of gear for my Paladin I made. As soon as I reached level 10 I sold off all the gear he gave me because I wanted to try out a different class.

This was my first MMO ever mind you and I was about 13-14 so I was dumb and I was really excited about trying a lot of different classes. Long story short, I switched to different characters about 6 times, losing more money each time I sold gear off because, let's be honest, a brand new player has no idea how much items are really worth. Eventually I ended up back on my paladin with worse gear than what he gave me. He then refused to help me any more until I could at least get someone past level 20. I made my warrior Colassal (ogre), sold my paladin gear yet again, bought him some bronze and cheap weapons (think I had maybe a dragoon dirk and some 1h slasher) and got him to level 20. My buddy's brother decided to give me a Wurmslayer and a Lammy and I never looked back.

Fast forward, I think around the Luclin timeframe, I was level 51. Sac'd myself for a necro for 10k all the way down to level 46. Went out and purchased almost a full set of Fierce Heraldic armor, leveled up to 55 and that was it for my live days. I still log on every now and then to see my 55 warrior still there, only now the fierce heraldic is in the bank because the newbie armor overpowers everything you could ever loot back then, it's so sad.

TL;DR A lot of people probably made a lot of money off me in my young days.
Old 12-11-2014, 05:38 PM
Aviak

I was in Machin Shin for a year before I realized that I never trained triple attack.

EDIT- I never realized I hadn't trained triple attack. An officer noticed it when he logged me in to get a character flag. I took such a beating for months.
Old 12-11-2014, 05:55 PM
Banned

On live: as a 21 paladin in an SK spires group, someone said hey.. lets go inside paw, less players.

On p99: was in a nice and easy going karnors group as a 53 bard with a 52 monk and 4 others and someone had the bright idea to goto sebilis, we tried chef. So many lull resists and so many ice comets to the face
Old 12-11-2014, 08:00 PM
Kobold

My Druid was bound in td at the portals room for years... I had a derp moment and accidentally bound elsewhere without engaging brain first.
Last edited by Hetjan; 12-11-2014 at 08:02 PM..
Old 12-12-2014, 05:14 AM
Sarnak

umm update now p99= falling asleep as cleric .. I don't know how my grped turned out but I had a decent amount of xp (thank u and sorry)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
Dont forget im damaged goods now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
Nobody is perfect, including the staff.
Old 12-12-2014, 05:45 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

recently: root breaks, go to heal, SWANS HAS BEEN SLAIN BY SWANS

nuked myself to death.

also recently, died soloing, no problem I'm a cleric. proceed to loot everything on my body. wait.... I was supposed to res first, fuck.
Closed Thread