Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2015, 08:25 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cant get CoTHed while DA brew
That's a relief I bloody hate high pass hold.
Old 12-15-2015, 04:12 PM
Planar Protector

Bump - still no developer response.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 12-15-2015, 04:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skew [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Except it won't.
CoTH clears aggro.
Have some faith, Skew! COH does not summon pets (or probes). The most famous instance of this was Tiggles getting COHed down to Trakanon and forgetting he had summoned his epic pet at the zone in. It resulted in a truly epic train and a lot of lols.
Old 12-15-2015, 04:51 PM
Project Manager

I was under the impression that binding in tov was possible at the beginning then removed or something.

If it shouldn't be possible, I don't want it to be possible.
Old 12-15-2015, 05:03 PM
Planar Protector

That is the impression several people have held in this thread. However I can find no evidence to support that point of view.

The evidence I've found and the evidence Ele has posted, makes blanket statements saying no indoor Velious or Kunark dungeons should allow binding (2001 EQAtlas binding guide and 2001 Bind Affinity Description). I've found specific statements saying ToFS and CC (2 of the indoor Velious dungeons) didn't allow binding the first month of Velious. Kunark dungeons do not allow binding (City of Mist being an exception due to being a "city" and perhaps outdoors plays some role). Plus on live none of these zones allow binding today.

I feel like if such a substantial binding location should be allowed, there should be some evidence provided to suggest it was. The only post so far to hint at this was from 2007, a person reminiscing on their days of EQ and being bound "Outside of PoM, when the zone in was in ToV". Which may mean bound in ToV or may mean bound outside of the castle of PoM in the forest, etc.
Old 12-15-2015, 05:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen
I feel like if such a substantial binding location should be allowed, there should be some evidence provided to suggest it was.
I disagree here. On P1999, binding in TOV is a tremendous win for trainups and instant FTEs and so on. On Live, none of those advantages would have existed. Quite frankly, only a moron would have bound inside TOV when you can bind outside and zone in. Binding inside would carry the risk of being trapped without dragon faction or winding up in a death loop. I don't think any of your evidence is inconsistent with binding being allowed for some period of time and then changed.

That being said, I think no binding is somewhat more likely purely a priori. Just in my opinion this is not anywhere close to a slam dunk.
Old 12-15-2015, 06:41 PM
Planar Protector

If binding was allowed and later removed (you can't bind in any dungeon in Velious on Live) you'd think there would have been some mention of it in patch notes or Allakhazam or class forums or of people complaining their binds got reset.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 12-15-2015, 07:11 PM
Planar Protector

Not everything gets mentioned in patch notes, especially something like this.

However, yes, you would expect to hear some comments from people saying they were bound inside and now you cannot. However there is none of that going on.

I do agree it is more advantageous on P99 to be bound inside rather than classic. Let's not forget though that in classic Sontalak was often left up, and is binding somewhere a dragon can death loop you really more favorable than binding just inside where you need a porter to let you out if KoS. Also remember NToV had 2 large safe areas near Twins/Triplets, where one could AFK for hours. You'd think some casters like clerics or mages or porters would be binding there during raids to help raids along? Again, no comments about this happening.

The problem with a mechanic like this is it is difficult to find slam dunk evidence. It's not like an item upgrade where you can simply check allakhazam history. The majority of the evidence posted either says you cannot in a blanket sort of way or hints at the inability to bind in a more subtle way (like why everyone was binding outside).

If the tables were flipped though, and there was no clear evidence posted regarding the bind ability of the firepots in early Kunark, I don't think people would be so keen to rely on people's memories about "I swore I bound here back 14 years ago". Something like that would require evidence to put into the timeline.

Likewise Kunark binding was retroactively fixed when evidence was brought forth, none of it of the slam dunk quality. Mostly the same evidence brought forth here.
Old 12-15-2015, 07:34 PM
Planar Protector

Not a single shred of evidence to suggest you could bind there, plenty showing that you couldn't and no mention anywhere of a change patch notes or otherwise. Handful of people claiming they remember that you could bind there and a handful claiming they remember that you couldn't but all evidence points to not being able to. This one seems pretty easy, especially considering that raids guilds are complaining about the raid environment in tov and removing binds will completely turn the zone on its head. Remove them!
Old 12-15-2015, 08:47 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not a single shred of evidence to suggest you could bind there, plenty showing that you couldn't and no mention anywhere of a change patch notes or otherwise. Handful of people claiming they remember that you could bind there and a handful claiming they remember that you couldn't but all evidence points to not being able to. This one seems pretty easy, especially considering that raids guilds are complaining about the raid environment in tov and removing binds will completely turn the zone on its head. Remove them!
I think this is the first time I've agreed with Pint's logic. But none the less, this is a sound argument.
Closed Thread