Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 05:53 PM
Sarnak

easy to overlook that when its greed before need which seems to be some of these no lifers motto.
Old 10-27-2012, 05:57 PM
Planar Protector

But I need that 30k...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenjitsuRZ View Post
Multiplication is used at all levels.
Old 10-27-2012, 06:03 PM
Sarnak

an upgrade is an upgrade, doesnt matter if its the final upgrade for your slot or not, in no way should that have anything to do with refusing anyone else the right for a chance at their own upgrade,

so far the arguments for refusing group members the right for their own upgrades are:
1) its the final upgrade for that slot for the character who wants to call "NBG" (doesnt matter one bit)

2) The class who can equip the item wont have to spend time selling it (stupid)

3) will be kicking yourself after your group dies and the monk then dies before he can get an FD due to not enough dps (.....)

Might as well just say 0 arguments because all of these are retarded

Some arguments here for being fair:

1) It is fair, doesnt waste anyones valuable time, gives everyone at the camp a fair chance for an upgrade,and nobody gets screwed out of the imbalance of the distribution of class equipment across norrath
Old 10-27-2012, 06:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senadin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It IS the best monk weapon before epic bar none.

Which is what most folks dont have a clue about i think.
By this logic casters should never get to loot anything.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 10-27-2012, 06:13 PM
Planar Protector

Once people start passing torpor, jbb etc to shamans, ill start passing t-staff to monks. Unless its a guild group of course, then its nbg.
[XX Rogue] Hailto (Half-Elf)
Red:
[21 Wizard] Hailto (Dark-Elf)
Old 10-27-2012, 06:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonzord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
easy to overlook that when its greed before need which seems to be some of these no lifers motto.
yeah cuz non no-drop epic pieces drop like confetti from xp group camps, so much!

I think you're coming round to it
Old 10-27-2012, 06:18 PM
Sarnak

let me clarify one thing that NBG is not greedy in practice unless it is forced, if everyone agrees that they want to give up their own upgrade in favor of someone else then theres no problem, but if you force others to give up their right for rolling on something (like the OP said he was going to do) then it becomes greedy

if you want to have 100% rights to an item before it drops, the only way you can ensure this happens is if

1) the entire group is in agreement (guild or PUG) that one person gets to loot the item
2) you solo it yourself
Last edited by Furniture; 10-27-2012 at 06:23 PM..
Old 10-27-2012, 06:20 PM
Banned

ok heres one for all you NBG'ers out there. im lvl 60, i have full best in slot gear outside of vp(not exaggerating i really do) i technically dont "need" anything. i still like to join groups at loot camps, for a shot at some pp for my alts or other fun toys i might want to pick up. should i never be allowed to roll on something in a PuG unless everyone else in the group is as well off as me, simply because anything i loot will be sold for pp?

EDIT::it should be noted that ive actually never won an upgrade i have shitty luck with rolls, all of my gear either came from guild raids or from looting items and then reselling them and buying what i actually wanted::
Last edited by Tarathiel; 10-27-2012 at 06:23 PM..
Old 10-27-2012, 06:21 PM
Sarnak

noone answered the epic piece hypothetical question. okay i get it, you need plat. cool.
Old 10-27-2012, 06:30 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonzord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
noone answered the epic piece hypothetical question. okay i get it, you need plat. cool.
if you were able to follow along the past couple of posts the question was answered but ill clarify it again anyway, it doesnt matter if its an epic piece, and you cant give one valid reason why it should matter (nor anything else about this whole topic)

if an epic piece worth 30k drops, if everyone agrees let that class have it then fine, but theres no reason someone else shouldnt be able to get a chance at the item to sell for their own epic piece

as for needing plat? for upgrades? plat = upgrades so you should reword that as

Quote:
noone answered the epic piece hypothetical question. okay i get it, you need upgrades. cool.
yes we could all use upgrades, not just the person who can equip the droppable high value item

Your time is as valuable as everyone elses time (even if you think its cool in some way to display power rangers all over your forum posts)
Last edited by Furniture; 10-27-2012 at 06:34 PM..
Closed Thread