Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2021, 07:54 PM
Planar Protector

Yes, yes, all the progressives join the the boot camp.

Quote:
And the armies of heaven, arrayed in fine linen, white and pure, were following him on white horses. 15 From his mouth comes a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations, and he will rule[b] them with a rod of iron.
Old 12-19-2021, 07:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Manchin is sane, which the other dems cannot tolerate.
Draft his ass
Old 12-19-2021, 08:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravydoo II [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You mean like letting the physical fitness of nuclear techs slip? When they spent a million dollars on your training, they wont just kick you out. Even if you're a 250lb woman who gets stuck in scuttles. You'd have to lose just enough to fit, thats all. They wont remove you as long as you're still able to do your job.

If what you're saying actually took place and PT standards were enforced outside of bootcamp anywhere in the DOD americas readiness for war would cease. Its just not reasonable to throw out everyone who fails a PFA. (personal fitness assessment)

You do know by lowering the admittance it gets more people to join, correct? Who cares if when you left for boot camp you were a fat doughy guy that couldnt run a mile?? As long as you pass the PFA at some time in boot camp, what is the issue?? You dont realize boot camp makes you into the passable PFA version of yourself??

So whats wrong with getting more people into boot camps and working em a little harder to turn em into soldiers, sailors, airmen, etc?? You just dont know what you're talking about. Thats the point of boot camp and A school, B school, C school etc.

This is also like the 15th time recruiting standards have been raised and lowered. It used to be getting a 40 on your asvab was unacceptable, now 30 is acceptable. That was in like 2004.
Apparently this quote goes way back to ancient Greek origins. It basically means that when it matters, you are only going to be as good as you are trained to be. Therefore, training is everything
Last edited by Rogean; 04-17-2024 at 05:01 PM..
Old 12-19-2021, 09:46 PM
Banned

Hey Horza, how have you been feeling after receiving your Covid19 vaccination and booster shots?
Old 12-19-2021, 10:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Apparently this quote goes way back to ancient Greek origins. It basically means that when it matters, you are only going to be as good as you are trained to be. Therefore, training is everything
exactly. So entre point doesnt really matter. As long as your properly trained, it doesnt matter whos pp you like. These right wing closet cases are more worried about who you're having sex with during an emergency than the fire or chemical attack.
Old 12-19-2021, 10:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How much crack do you smoke before logging into the ogre boards?
Less than the amount your dad smoked the night you were conceived.
Old 12-19-2021, 10:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravydoo II [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Less than the amount your dad smoked the night you were conceived.
My cracked out father wasn't logging into the gnome boards to convince people about pp's and buttholes, so I doubt your comment.
Old 12-19-2021, 10:15 PM
Banned

Felt pretty bad when I, who joined could barely make the cut...

Was thrn able to exceed marine PFA standards.

Then I met new recruits fresh out of AIT after being in 2 years.... and they could barely make it three miles at a knee grindingly slow pace.

Felt really bad man. 2005. There's absolutely no excuse when you're paid. Fed well. A place to sleep. Training. And equipment. Which is all unnecessary.
Old 12-19-2021, 10:17 PM
Banned

This is why you dont drink budweiser when smoke marlboro reds when you're with child. You end up with people unable to contribute to a topic or even follow the conversation. They get so upset when I post. Almost like I control their emotions with my words. Its so easy to get under their thin skin.
Old 12-19-2021, 10:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Felt pretty bad when I, who joined could barely make the cut...

Was thrn able to exceed marine PFA standards.

Then I met new recruits fresh out of AIT after being in 2 years.... and they could barely make it three miles at a knee grindingly slow pace.

Felt really bad man. 2005. There's absolutely no excuse when you're paid. Fed well. A place to sleep. Training. And equipment. Which is all unnecessary.
There were nukes on my ship that were so fucking fat. Every dept had people that were obvious BMI fails. Like 5'3" 200lbs 5'4" 190lbs and shit. The problem was to replace them would take at least six months to a year and cost nearly a million dollars per nuclear tech. Other depts not so much but even a deck dept guy, at least eight weeks and at least 150k in cost. Then you got a green guy who doesnt know shit about deck dept, still needs extensive OJT. Same for every dept. Then you got a bunch of green nukes running the reactor day to day. Not a good idea.

A lot of the senior guys, even the master chiefs, senior chiefs etc they were all over weight, out of shape. Warrant officers and officers not so much. When you're 25 years in, PFA dont matter anymore. Its a shame, dont get me wrong, but its the reality.
Closed Thread