Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 11-02-2023, 02:09 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i have this book sitting on my nightstand

https://www.amazon.com/Training-Uphi...s%2C181&sr=8-1
same + it's nearly identical companion "Training For New Alpinism" both boil down to essentially the same thing

i'd def give it a read if you're interested in mountain/endurance sports, it really allowed me to focus my limited time training in order to do do more than i thought i was capable of

also helped be shed 20~ new dad pounds that somehow crept on me in the first year of my kid's life
Old 11-02-2023, 11:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seducio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think IZ smoked anything. But if he did whatever it was I want some.

Israel Kamakawiwo'ole Lyrics
"Over The Rainbow"

Ooh, ooh, ooh
Ooh, ooh

Somewhere over the rainbow
Way up high
And the dreams that you dream of
Once in a lullaby

Bluebirds fly
And the dreams that you dream of
Dreams really do come true

Someday, I wish upon a star
Wake up where the clouds are far behind me
Where trouble melts like lemon drops
High above the chimney top
That's where you'll find me

Bluebirds fly
And the dreams that you dare to
Oh why, oh why can't I?

Well, I see trees of green and red roses too
I'll watch them bloom for me and you
And I think to myself
What a wonderful world

Well, I see skies of blue and I see clouds of white
And the brightness of day
I like the dark
And I think to myself what a wonderful world

The colors of the rainbow so pretty in the sky
And also on the faces of people passing by
I see friends shaking hands saying
How do you do?
They're really saying I, I love you

I hear babies cry and I watch them grow
They'll learn much more then we'll know
And I think to myself what a wonderful world
World

Someday I wish upon a star
Wake up where the clouds are far behind me
Where trouble melts like lemon drops
High above the chimney top
That's where you'll find me

Oh, somewhere over the rainbow
Way up high
And the dreams that you dare to
Why oh, why can't I?

Ooh, ooh
Ooh, ooh
IZ would be proud. Great rendition of this song by Iam Tongi.

Old 11-03-2023, 12:45 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=
Old 11-03-2023, 08:55 PM
Planar Protector

lol it's funny because that is Zyzz and his heart exploded
Old 11-03-2023, 09:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol it's funny because that is Zyzz and his heart exploded
He had a heart defect. No way to say that he for sure died from PED use

But what is interesting is his brother was using and has continued to use PED’s since his death 12 years ago, and the brother is ok
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3624.jpg (21.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-03-2023, 09:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He had a heart defect. No way to say that he for sure died from PED use

But what is interesting is his brother was using and has continued to use PED’s since his death 12 years ago, and the brother is ok
We don't know for sure why Zyzz's heart exploded, and he may have had a heart defect as the family said, but we do know the HGH couldn't have helped. Plenty of smokers don't get lung cancer

Not looking to argue PED's I'm sure they have figured out how to get them dialed in well enough to truly minimize ill health effects, but that is a poor choice of thumbnail pic on behalf of that youtuber... unless it was for engagement.
Old 11-03-2023, 09:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We don't know for sure why Zyzz's heart exploded, and he may have had a heart defect as the family said, but we do know the HGH couldn't have helped. Plenty of smokers don't get lung cancer

Not looking to argue PED's I'm sure they have figured out how to get them dialed in well enough to truly minimize ill health effects, but that is a poor choice of thumbnail pic on behalf of that youtuber... unless it was for engagement.
I greatly respect Zyzz

The dude was always open and honest about his use of PED's, and he knew the risk, or at least some of the risk since the serious heart defect he was unaware of (this was proven in an autopsy btw, it's not speculation on the part of the family to my knowledge). Had he known that, he may have decided not to ever dabble with them

You don't have to live a perfect life to be a good role model. In fact, his poor choices resulting in his death serves a perfect warning to the younger generation considering it
Old 11-03-2023, 09:46 PM
Banned

^
Zyzz was also open and honest about the side effects that he noticed from his PED's, he's mentioned having big time testicular atrophy and I'm sure would have mentioned the strain on his heart if he was more aware of it

Why all these bodybuilders like him never bothered with HCG is beyond me. All these bodybuilders in vids just accepting "Welp, looks like I have tiny balls for life", when they could easily have prevented that. But too late once atrophy sets in I hear

Then again, my hand doctor said my loss of hand size from muscle atrophy (due to my ulnar nerve issue) was permanent and I grew that muscle back despite his claims
Old 11-03-2023, 10:01 PM
Planar Protector

Any loss in grip strength on that side?

Several things can happen when a peripheral nerve is damaged, depending on the extent. Can result in repairable damage with recovery complete enough that anything permanent is unnoticeable.... so these are cases where the nerve sheath is intact and axons can recover better within that scaffold. Certain surgeries can achieve this in wholly severed nerves if performed quickly and skillfully enough.

In cases with long term nerve damage and extensive cell death, recovery of activation for some motor units may not be possible... that link is dead for life.

Both of these can result in muscle atrophy, but recovery can only happen in one of them. Even with loss of motor units, you can get some neurogenesis with remaining motor units expanding their turf a little bit and making up for it in other ways. So you can end up with muscle that has mass but isn't quite as efficient. I get patients with mild spinal cord injuries where their quad is actually fairly decent size, compared to the other side, but you get them on their feet and their knee buckles from weakness.
Old 11-03-2023, 10:06 PM
Banned

^
Yea there is some slight permanent loss of strength, but only in certain movements, like manipulating a toenail clippers or doing a scissors motion

The doctor I really liked (although I’ve had mostly shit doctors for comparison), but he did give me some bad advice. When the nerve came out of socket and my hand went numb, he said not to wait “like 2 years” to have surgery on the arm. Well, when you tell a procrastinator like me not to wait “2 years”, I’m going to wait about a year and a half

But about a year into waiting I noticed my left hand was becoming skeletonized. Terrified, I called up the doc and scheduled the surgery. He took a look at the hand said “sorry, that atrophy is permanent”

I said “nah doc, building muscle is what I do”, and he said “there’s no fibers left to build”

But that wasn’t completely accurate, as the meat came back to my left hand to where you couldn’t even tell with a cursory glance which arm was fucked up now