Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > PvP Bugs

Old 09-13-2013, 01:17 PM
Fire Giant

ill admit my issues with HT on this server might be more related to f'd up resist checks in general than the actual HT ability
Old 09-13-2013, 02:23 PM
Banned

Does it ever partial here? Or is it just all or nothing? Never really cared to notice but it should be resistable, and not lure based like I think some people want. That just ain't true.
Old 09-15-2013, 02:36 AM
Sarnak

Definitely partials. Landed one for 440 when I normally land for 610 at lvl 57.
Old 09-19-2013, 12:12 PM
Planar Protector

Not only does it partial regularly and get resisted outright constantly, your cooldown on all abilities (backstab, bash, flying kick, HT, LoH) is lost due to any lag though players were in range. No swing, no miss, no out or range message or anything. Just... nothing.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=95409
Old 09-19-2013, 03:26 PM
Banned

has like 0 range z axis
had it say too far away between melee swings

aint even mad tho

and yes it partials
Old 10-03-2013, 10:34 AM
Large Bat

My name was Wetall Boneshatter on Live, I played live day 1 as a shadowknight SK all the way thorugh till planes of power. I was one of the oldest and longest tenured high level sk's on rallos zek, something most of these people chiming in on this were not.

I'm completely baffled by people saying "HT was resistable live in pvp!"

In well over 6 years of playing I HAD NEVER EVER had a Harm Touched resisted by a player, I swear to this literally on my life, not even partially. I can send you folders of of killshots to this day, and if my HT is on the text box, I assure you it is doing full damage.

In pve? I had my harm touch occasionally resisted by things that conned very very red, and even more rarely i'd catch a partial resist from other things that conned red.

The disease resist check thing was implented STRICTLY for PVE because in the luclin/pop era they added a pile of MAGIC IMMUNE boss mobs.

If you'd like a folder of killshots I can provide you with at least a few dozen pictures of WELL geared players eating full harm touches.

In short, In 6 years on live as a SK I NEVER ONCE HAD A HARM TOUCH EVEN PARTIALLY RESISTED IN PVP, IN PVE ONLY IN RARE INSTANCES.

No bull, and everyone has some "I once resisted a harm touch! story, I assure you that is the loch ness monster story, everyone has one, none are true. I can provide screenshots of harmtouchs landing on live, but can ANY of the people claiming HT was resistable provide screenshots of them resisting harmtouches?
Last edited by failed2k; 10-03-2013 at 10:40 AM..
Old 10-04-2013, 05:10 PM
Banned

Just spent almost a week in West Karana on the Ogre camp.

Well over 20 hours played in this one spot.

4 Ogre Shadow Knights.

Never once resisted a Harm Touch.

I don't think its working as intended in PvP.
Old 10-04-2013, 07:06 PM
Banned

Wetall you give me that folder of harm touch kills and I will gladly admit I was wrong.

I distinctly remember a statement being made like "SKs are dangerous now, even Wetall" (no offense, none should be taken) when word got around about unholy aura HT. Within a few hours of that happening, you bagged Koss's fungi tunic.

I played a few lvl 5 SK pks in my time and saw HTs get resisted here and there. It wasn't easy to resist, but it happened. Unholy aura basically ensured a full hit every time.
Old 10-04-2013, 07:34 PM
Banned

Plz post screenshots

Good point about NPC harmtouches; I dont think ive ever seen those resisted when level appropriate (npc to pc)
Old 10-04-2013, 09:51 PM
Large Bat

I'll dig through the old hard-drive tonight and see if I can find my old folder of pre-velious kills. I have a trove of them somewhere in there, I moved my stuff from during the AD wars and time in LV onto my current stuff, so I have literally about 400 killshots from velious/luclin era, just gotta get into the way back machine for the older stuff.

Not sure how to post em, Maybe a dropbox or something? Never used it before.

Also, no offense taken Nirg, as a Dark Elf people didn't take me seriously till I beat a few people at the SK botb at level 56 wit ha mace of shadowed Souls, then people actually took me seriously, was a big factor into me getting into Sabbot I heard actually.