Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 01:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by girth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thank you for the comment. I am now quitting my monk after hearing that though, as they are worthless.
ya monks are so worthless, they are the only non tank class that can efficiently tank kunark mobs, and they are the best melee class for soloing. all monks out there should just quit

really tho welcome to classic eq brah mobs hit like trucks =D
Old 10-22-2011, 01:54 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I got dibs on the next 9 month bump. July 2012...bring fireworks.

I'll do it at 8 months just to rain on your parade.
Old 10-22-2011, 02:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barahir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll do it at 8 months just to rain on your parade.
hell ill do it at 9 months and rain on both of your parades
Old 10-22-2011, 02:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hell ill do it at 9 months and rain on both of your parades
Not a fan of parades. Have fun =)
Old 10-23-2011, 12:51 PM
Fire Giant

Default things to consider

read most of thread

im a 27 ranger human average stats have ivy etched armour and good weapns. mobs do not always hit me for max damage I tend to fight the forsaken ie iksar rebels throughout kunark. 17 to 27 . start with lake of illomen and finished in warsilk woods. I do agree in one point i miss a hell fo a lot with my bow dex 110 str 103. bow kiting i miss so much make me not want to bow kite lol

One thing no one has mentioned as a possibility here on p1999 is the base code of everquest when it comes to mobs may be old style. What i mean by this is that all the mobs in orig expansion where all not just war, rogues, wizard etc etc. I remember a post or update by the dev on live talking about how orig eq expansion mobs where not always just cooki cutter warriors, rogue, monks etc. Infact a lot of old world ie orig eq mobs had special stats , abilities etc etc etc that made them totaly different than expansions. I know i remeber them patching orig eq expansion so that when you fight a war type mob all them would be war type with no tweaking

Question : is p1999 mob based of post or prepatch to old wold (orig eq )

This may account for some of the discrpencies noticed by those posting here.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buellen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
read most of thread

im a 27 ranger human average stats have ivy etched armour and good weapns. mobs do not always hit me for max damage I tend to fight the forsaken ie iksar rebels throughout kunark. 17 to 27 . start with lake of illomen and finished in warsilk woods. I do agree in one point i miss a hell fo a lot with my bow dex 110 str 103. bow kiting i miss so much make me not want to bow kite lol

One thing no one has mentioned as a possibility here on p1999 is the base code of everquest when it comes to mobs may be old style. What i mean by this is that all the mobs in orig expansion where all not just war, rogues, wizard etc etc. I remember a post or update by the dev on live talking about how orig eq expansion mobs where not always just cooki cutter warriors, rogue, monks etc. Infact a lot of old world ie orig eq mobs had special stats , abilities etc etc etc that made them totaly different than expansions. I know i remeber them patching orig eq expansion so that when you fight a war type mob all them would be war type with no tweaking

Question : is p1999 mob based of post or prepatch to old wold (orig eq )

This may account for some of the discrpencies noticed by those posting here.
If you're saying that mobs in the orig release were more unique and it's true then it follows in the footsteps of items. Items went from being unique to being spreadsheet-like. Take an item in some of the latest EQ expansions and you see that they all look similar. They all have some hp/mana/etc. In orig EQ, sometimes you would see extremes that you don't see anymore. I think tha'ts because items were handmade back then.

I actually support the idea of spreadsheet items. I just think that EQ did a crappy job. Realistically, development costs would get horrible if every item was handmade. Anytime you'd need to make an overall change, you'd have to hand-change every single one. That's too expensive. So, basically, what you do is you give items unique IDs that're in a players inventory. To get the stats, you ask the generator for them by giving it the ID. This wya you can change the generator and it's reflected in every single item in existence. Handmade things are too unique and linked to human hands. They need to be linked to software hands to make it practical.

Defiant armor is another example of crappy spreadsheet items. Instead of updating old world items/mobs they just added some items to ALL drop tables. It did not reward knowledgeable players. Instead, it just gave you a random defiant item from a random mob. The quest-like nature was removed in favor of convenience. No more did you have to hunt down that bad boy for his shiny sword. You just randomly killed things like a maniac. IMHO, they subtly destroyed the heart of the low level game and made it into a joke crapfest mockery.

I think we need better software that mimics the creativity of people. Maybe the answer is some sort of hybrid. Either way, software has to get better. And with how content is exponentially growing (in relation to how disk space and processor speed are exponential), handmade things will simply become too expensive and outdated as a method. Instead, we should focus on handmade software that creates the content. This will allow us to keep up with disk space and processor speed. But we have to figure out how to make effective software-created content that isn't spreadsheet-like. Some people say ti's impossible, but they're jaded.

I think to mathematically mimic nature is the first goal in accomplishing this.

Raiding: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...&postcount=109
P1999 Class Popularity Chart: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=48
P1999 PvP Statistics: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...9&postcount=59

"Global chat is to conversation what pok books are to travel, but without sufficient population it doesn't matter."
Last edited by stormlord; 10-24-2011 at 12:27 PM..
Closed Thread