Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: First class on fresh green?
Bard 34 8.27%
Cleric 26 6.33%
Druid 39 9.49%
Enchanter 53 12.90%
Magician 30 7.30%
Monk 17 4.14%
Necromancer 47 11.44%
Paladin 18 4.38%
Ranger 12 2.92%
Rogue 11 2.68%
Shadow knight 15 3.65%
Shaman 45 10.95%
Warrior 15 3.65%
Wizard 25 6.08%
Won't play on a new server 24 5.84%
Voters: 411. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-02-2023, 12:23 PM
Kobold

Has anyone considered...what if they just don't do a new server because life has become too busy for the people in charge, and that's why there's been general silence on any actual info on things from them?
Old 03-02-2023, 12:26 PM
Planar Protector

maybe rogue would be best so you can pickpocket beads as soon as velious drops

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist View Post
With enough Clerics any class can survive AoW.
Old 03-02-2023, 02:51 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
maybe rogue would be best so you can pickpocket beads as soon as velious drops
"Stop, thief! <name>" = everyone at list blowing up instantly and more UN drama.

Lol, what were peeps saying "we're just playing our class!"

I know its not classic, but hope they make them magical on 2.0 just to prevent this.
Mama Vinelsier Lepermesiah Server 1st 60 Grave Lord(And only The Grave Lord)//Resilak 50 Monk//Tenchi Masaki 50 Wizard//Jaskieer 48 Bard// Heeheehee Teeheehee 57 Mage// Belll Cranel 50 Monkdrackgon 54 rogue, Cuddlezzz 60 shaman
RIP<Gathered Might>
Old 03-03-2023, 12:42 AM
Planar Protector

They won’t have those dumb ass items in the game to ruin the classic experience the next go around. It’s the best PP/hr option in the game (manastone, beads) and if you ever wanna gear up it’s a no brainer. But it means you gotta play with those items in mind, so you shouldn’t main a character that can’t solo the evil eye, etc.

It’s just not classic to have a known timeline on those items. They were never added to late game servers, they just didn’t exist.

We don’t have egg shaped pumice except maybe on blue and we shouldn’t have these other nerfed items, unless they’re implemented in a permanent way that doesn’t railroad the entire vanilla and kunark progression.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 03-03-2023, 09:00 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliciousHalflings [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Has anyone considered...what if they just don't do a new server because life has become too busy for the people in charge, and that's why there's been general silence on any actual info on things from them?
Them being completely silent on stuff is the norm. No one had any idea if Green would ever even come out until a month before it launched.

My hopes for a March 19 lauch are rather low right now, but fingers still crossed.
Old 03-03-2023, 12:44 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coridan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Them being completely silent on stuff is the norm. No one had any idea if Green would ever even come out until a month before it launched.

My hopes for a March 19 lauch are rather low right now, but fingers still crossed.
What he said. I have only been on server really since like what 2 months before announcement of green. And since then they pretty much don't say crap about anything. They just flip switch and move on. TBH it gives it that classic feel. I don't think that's intentional bc yeah they have RL stuff. But they generally have said this is their goal, and that's happened so far. Not perfect, but were all humans. Be glad we get to play in the sandbox.

Me I am really excited for green 2.0 to happen, But I am also very aware that it could happen tomorrow, or 4 years from now.. But meh its EQ this game should of taught most of us patience by now.

Also Green 2.0 going Cleric main, no SK for me this time. Though will encourage those going SK. Be smart go DE and pot bind yourself for free[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mama Vinelsier Lepermesiah Server 1st 60 Grave Lord(And only The Grave Lord)//Resilak 50 Monk//Tenchi Masaki 50 Wizard//Jaskieer 48 Bard// Heeheehee Teeheehee 57 Mage// Belll Cranel 50 Monkdrackgon 54 rogue, Cuddlezzz 60 shaman
RIP<Gathered Might>
Old 03-03-2023, 04:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coridan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No one had any idea if Green would ever even come out until a month before it launched.
That's not really true.

I was arguing with people here on the forums for months (years?) prior, insisting that Green was coming out, while most told me (and a few others) that we were wrong. Check the forum history if you don't believe me.

It's not because I was psychic or anything: the staff had flat out said their plans months (years?) in advance. People just didn't believe them.

Similarly here, there will be a Green 2.0, because the staff has said there will be. It's a part of their overall plan for maintaining this "museum to EQ". But, they haven't said anything about specific dates for the new server, so it could still be years away.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue or Green servers, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of platinum and/or gear! Send me a forum message for details.
Old 03-03-2023, 04:46 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Similarly here, there will be a Green 2.0, because the staff has said there will be. It's a part of their overall plan for maintaining this "museum to EQ". But, they haven't said anything about specific dates for the new server, so it could still be years away.
"Green Lifetime
The green server will, at a time yet to be decided, eventually merge into blue and start over again. This merge will not happen until at least 6 months after the last patch in velious (No earlier than January 2023)."

We only knew when it wouldn't happen. So yes clearly there is still hope, but like you said it could be years before we see it sadly.

Many claimed all the more recent quakes is to help with green/blue merge but that is just pure speculation. I can't wait to see all that drama that is going to bring for the UNs/raiding guilds. Will be lots of funny reads, and /respect which ever GMs are in charge of blue lol.
RIP<Gathered Might>
Old 03-03-2023, 09:57 PM
Banned

if these devs learned anything, its that announcing a server 6+ months before its launch was a mistake.

months before green launched, full guilds were formed and farm crews established. people took weeks off of work so they could dominate from day 1.

IMO this is why there was no announcement for the teal/green merger, and no announcement for the velious drop.

i saw a documentary a bit ago about modern engineering and this scientist was asked why we aren't driving flying cars at this stage of the tech era, his answer was something that applies to like anything humans are involved with

the guy said something along the lines of: It's not that we lack the technology to mass produce a flying vehicle, its that regardless of the intention behind any technology, people will find ways to use it wrong"

this applies to flying cars, unlimited clean energy and yes, Project 1999
Old 03-03-2023, 11:42 PM
Fire Giant

Is it even worth playing Bard at the beginning of the new Green?

Serious question here.