Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2014, 03:34 PM
Fire Giant

As usual you can't have a civil discussion without Chest coming into a thread with his warped view of events. Chest if you want to cause argumentative responses to factually incorrect statements you make please take it to RNF.
Old 10-28-2014, 03:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
False. This isn't RNF btw. Try to act with decorum of the forum we post in. I understand you want to deflect blame, but remember most of us were there on those spawns and saw it with our own eyes.
I know its not RnF. maybe you should think about that before taking more shots at us and get back to the actual subject, instead of blaming Taken for all of your troubles. Because guess what, you are no better. And that was the point I was making.
Last edited by -Catherin-; 10-28-2014 at 03:37 PM..
Old 10-28-2014, 03:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Catherin- [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know its not RnF. maybe you should think about that before taking more shots at us and get back to the actual subject, instead of blaming Taken for all of your troubles. Because guess what, you are no better. And that was the point I was making.
Is it true you use voice software to make yourself appear female?
[XX Rogue] Hailto (Half-Elf)
Red:
[21 Wizard] Hailto (Dark-Elf)
Old 10-28-2014, 03:40 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Catherin- [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What ? Are we even having the same discussion here ? I took no shot at you. I posted a fact about what caused the raid scene to become what it is currently. It was Taken who turned it into what it is. Everyone freely admits this in other discussions. I used it as a point of reference. If you can't understand how to have an adult discussion please remove yourself from the discussion.
Old 10-28-2014, 03:41 PM
Fire Giant

...aaand off to RnF this goes, another one down the crapper, boys!

Congratulations! You did it!
Old 10-28-2014, 03:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyelle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Sorry man.

Catherin is fucking creepy tho.
[XX Rogue] Hailto (Half-Elf)
Red:
[21 Wizard] Hailto (Dark-Elf)
Old 10-28-2014, 03:44 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyelle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Yeah that was unfortunate.
Old 10-28-2014, 03:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenuven [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I didn't read all 10 pages of this crap because I'm not involved in the raid scene yet, but...

There are what, 13 guilds in Class R? Getting rid of trackers or adjusting the variance is never going to solve the problem that there are way too many guilds competing for the same targets.

Reduce the spawn times. Dramatically. Get rid of FTE for 90% of the targets and put everyone on a very clear rotation. Everyone wins.

It's not classic. But neither is the server. Many things about the environment here are WORLDS apart from how they were in classic. Sure you are going to put way more raid loot onto the server. But there are also way more raiders here to begin with.

I don't think ANYONE actually wants poopsocking to be a necessary part of raiding on this server. So why not just do something to actually solve the problem instead of dancing around the "it's not classic" excuse while everyone is constantly at each other's throats over the raid scene.
Maybe we need people like this guy who's hearts aren't so tainted by the poop in their socks and the pixels in their bags.

He's got very good point, and the raiding population on this server is grossly in excess of what this content was designed to accommodate.

What if all respawn timers were made classic, then cut by 2/3rds, and given +/- 1 hour variance?

Numbers are rough but this lets more people get more loot and is somewhat of a scaleable way to handle the mass demand for these mobs.

Exclude VP or let the guilds who could handle VP come up with VP specific rules, since that's it's own beast.
Old 10-28-2014, 03:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
False. This isn't RNF btw. Try to act with decorum of the forum we post in. I understand you want to deflect blame, but remember most of us were there on those spawns and saw it with our own eyes.
Don't think I was at either gategate or CotHgate.

But I believe the gate situation was... nagafen?

We saw what TMO and IB did on the previous one or two FFAs. You'd aggro all the FGs and train them away while a 52 warrior and 52 Donals Cleric offtanked nagafen while the rest of you dealt with your train.

We saw that and figured, we don't have any Donals but would still like to compete, so we decided to bind a few clerics and druids there so that we could do the same strategy of training away Giants while offtanking the dragon while the main force kills said Giants.

Ended up getting a ruling that binding nearby was not allowed.

Regardless to quote Unbrella:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella`Ella [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
P99 needs fewer rules. The more rules you've created the less creativity there is for overcoming 'competition' and more creativity in rule lawyering the grey area.
A rule was added which reduced creativity as a result of rule lawyering. We had an obstacle we met (not being able to utilize the same strategy that allowed our competition to offtank a dragon while the real challenge the 20 fire giant train is dealt with), we decided we didn't want to farm 400k to buy one so we came up with that strategy, which was a creative way to allow us to compete.

Your guilds didn't need to gate since you could just face track with your MT and BP Cleric and duo Naggy while the rest of the force lazily clears in or deals with the trains.

CotHing I'm pretty sure was just the raid leaders figuring that everyone read the rules the same and that CotHing to engage was the next clear path of FTE. There was even discussion about it beforehand whether it should be allowed or not on these forums.

After the first dragon everyone did it, whether we were there or not. Pretty sure this is still the case. How was FFA VS at 4 AM? A foot race or a CotH race? Genuinely curious... Cause I don't think you have foot racers chilling for FFA targets when we aren't even there. You bring Mages regardless.
Old 10-28-2014, 03:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korben [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe we need people like this guy who's hearts aren't so tainted by the poop in their socks and the pixels in their bags.

He's got very good point, and the raiding population on this server is grossly in excess of what this content was designed to accommodate.

What if all respawn timers were made classic, then cut by 2/3rds, and given +/- 1 hour variance?

Numbers are rough but this lets more people get more loot and is somewhat of a scaleable way to handle the mass demand for these mobs.

Exclude VP or let the guilds who could handle VP come up with VP specific rules, since that's it's own beast.
Id like to see a number of things like this to happen but the issue is that staff has made pretty clear to us is that they are not considering anything that requires more changes to the code. They want us to all learn how to play nice and come to an agreement together.
Closed Thread