Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2015, 02:14 PM
Aviak

Here is the little bit of information I was able to get...

After speaking to his brother, he had stated that Rygrim (Kohl) was feeling sick about a week ago and did not go to the doctor. He had complained to a few people but did not think much of it...

No clue what he was sick with, or wether he had plans to see a doctor but it seems to be a freak accident.

RIP Rygrim

You will be forever missed brother.
Old 12-07-2015, 02:19 PM
Sarnak

man it sounds like some form of toxemia. I met him in game once and he could have killed me but didnt. He just /saluted and went on his way. There are many people i wish i actually knew on here and he was one of them.
Old 12-07-2015, 02:19 PM
Sarnak

It doesn't seem fair.....he truly was one of the best people on this box....we all knew it, better than most of us.
Old 12-07-2015, 02:44 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via ICQ to Uuruk Send a message via AIM to Uuruk Send a message via MSN to Uuruk Send a message via Yahoo to Uuruk

If you're going to sticky this can you at least give it a better title?
Old 12-07-2015, 02:54 PM
Aviak

Going to try and log in game tonight once I find out more. Kohl loved everyone on this server...I kind of felt bad because I got him addicted to EQ again but he really enjoyed playing here with everyone. I'll be on Meryl/Kable here in a few hours.
Old 12-07-2015, 03:15 PM
Large Rat

Rygrim was one of the nicest people I've ever met online, and on this server in general. He didn't care that I was new to the game, always told me to not worry and just gave me some advice and carried on helping me. Not once did I ever catch him getting angry at someone for making a mistake, just gave a "next time we'll get it" and everyone believed in him.

Truly one of the best people I've ever encountered and will encounter online. Echoing everything said here, nothing bad can be said about Rygrim. Wish I didn't take a break so I could've spoke more with him. RIP.
Old 12-07-2015, 03:31 PM
Sarnak

Terrible news. The community lost a great person today. Often times we forget that these are real people behind their avatars, and this is a harsh reminder. Based on the overwhelming amount of posts speaking to his personality however, you can immediately feel the impact he had here.

The internet is often a great equalizer when it comes to meeting people. You cannot see their face, judge them on their appearance, their social status, their past… anything. There are no preconceived notions – you initially base your friendship off of personality alone. This is why the news is so devastating to so many people here.

Rygrim was a shining example of someone with an amazing personality and the ability to bring out the best in those around him. Like many have said, he truly cared about the relationships that were forged as opposed to just in game progression. He simply enjoyed hanging out, helping out, and making the game more enjoyable for so many people.

It’s easy to look at Rygrim and see what an asset he was from a gaming perspective. One of our main tanks since the beginning, stellar attendance – he will not easily be replaced. When you look at the intangibles that Rygrim brought to Empire, you begin to realize that he will NEVER be replaced. We will never be able to replace his consistently positive attitude, his calming voice and demeanor. We will never be able to replicate his willingness to help anyone at any time with literally anything they needed. We will never be able to replace the warmth of just sitting in TeamSpeak with him, bullshitting about sports, music, beer, Chaturbate, etc.

Not only was Rygrim an asset to Empire, but to the server as well. Those on the opposing side of Rygrim should have nothing bad to say, as he was always honorable and willing to chat with anyone. He never let the toxicity of the server get to him like so many of us have. New players to the server may have also come across him quietly leveling characters in their newbie groups, offering them help by just being a good group mate. His reach was extremely wide. His presence felt by many.

My stomach sinks when I think about never being able to talk to him again, never being able to /tell Rygrim, or see his character in game again. Something as meaningless as EverQuest suddenly becomes extremely powerful. When events and relationships transcend P99, you know you had something special. Rygrim was special to so many people here, and even though most of us only knew him through EverQuest, we are better people for having had the opportunity to be his friend.

While Empire will never be the same without his good vibes, his personality is deeply ingrained in our guild and our interactions with each other. He showed us how to strive to be better people overall, and he will forever be with us in spirit.

To his family and friends – all the best.

To Rygrim, Kohl – rest well, brother.
Old 12-07-2015, 03:34 PM
Sarnak

Thanks gong.
Old 12-07-2015, 03:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gongshow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Terrible news. The community lost a great person today. Often times we forget that these are real people behind their avatars, and this is a harsh reminder. Based on the overwhelming amount of posts speaking to his personality however, you can immediately feel the impact he had here.

The internet is often a great equalizer when it comes to meeting people. You cannot see their face, judge them on their appearance, their social status, their past… anything. There are no preconceived notions – you initially base your friendship off of personality alone. This is why the news is so devastating to so many people here.

Rygrim was a shining example of someone with an amazing personality and the ability to bring out the best in those around him. Like many have said, he truly cared about the relationships that were forged as opposed to just in game progression. He simply enjoyed hanging out, helping out, and making the game more enjoyable for so many people.

It’s easy to look at Rygrim and see what an asset he was from a gaming perspective. One of our main tanks since the beginning, stellar attendance – he will not easily be replaced. When you look at the intangibles that Rygrim brought to Empire, you begin to realize that he will NEVER be replaced. We will never be able to replace his consistently positive attitude, his calming voice and demeanor. We will never be able to replicate his willingness to help anyone at any time with literally anything they needed. We will never be able to replace the warmth of just sitting in TeamSpeak with him, bullshitting about sports, music, beer, Chaturbate, etc.

Not only was Rygrim an asset to Empire, but to the server as well. Those on the opposing side of Rygrim should have nothing bad to say, as he was always honorable and willing to chat with anyone. He never let the toxicity of the server get to him like so many of us have. New players to the server may have also come across him quietly leveling characters in their newbie groups, offering them help by just being a good group mate. His reach was extremely wide. His presence felt by many.

My stomach sinks when I think about never being able to talk to him again, never being able to /tell Rygrim, or see his character in game again. Something as meaningless as EverQuest suddenly becomes extremely powerful. When events and relationships transcend P99, you know you had something special. Rygrim was special to so many people here, and even though most of us only knew him through EverQuest, we are better people for having had the opportunity to be his friend.

While Empire will never be the same without his good vibes, his personality is deeply ingrained in our guild and our interactions with each other. He showed us how to strive to be better people overall, and he will forever be with us in spirit.

Well said even now I'm doing stuff but can't get his voice out my mind
Old 12-07-2015, 03:42 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gongshow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Well said. Thank you Gongshow. My heart hurts right now. I wish I could of played more with you guys in the last several months, but i travel for work and work long hours and eq just does not mix well.

Everquest is pretty much how Kohl and I hung out even though he was only a short drive away. I remember when he first started Rygrim and I farmed him a guise before they were removed...then my account was banned and I didn't play for a while and I come back and see the lowly Rygrim is a decked level 60 Warlord.

Back in the day here, in the very beginning, Danlor, and myself (Left), Cyren/buhbuh, Shody, Maple and other players in <Axis> were leveling together and pvping and it was definitely some of the most fun and hilarious times I've ever had in my life, video games or not.
Closed Thread