Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 02-27-2022, 05:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattydef [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I love the use of the word ‘welfare’ on p99. Like there’s somehow a way to know whether an item someone is using was gotten by winning a race to the dragon beforehand or not. Last I checked, a claw of lightning is a claw of lightning, and I doubt the person wielding it cares what you think about how they obtained it.
What offends me is it's not even remotely the best rogue offhand but some people think it is.

Truly welfare.
Old 02-27-2022, 06:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I personally believe a standard countdown is most fair. Of the top 5 best racers from the last 2 years.... one of them plays from Asia. And another from Europe. I think it's pretty much agreed that a 300 ping puts you at more of a disadvantage than having an average or lower reaction time
This is actually an interesting point I hadn't really thought about. I believe Kelzaraz is pretty widely considered the best racer in this games history, or at least in the conversation, and he had a consistent 140-150 ping. So he had a handicap larger than what Stunningly supposedly gains by scripting.
Old 02-27-2022, 12:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisley [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is actually an interesting point I hadn't really thought about. I believe Kelzaraz is pretty widely considered the best racer in this games history, or at least in the conversation, and he had a consistent 140-150 ping. So he had a handicap larger than what Stunningly supposedly gains by scripting.
Lmao I love how vanquish has slowly shifted from denial to “yeah we cheated but it really didn’t give us that big an advantage!”
Old 02-27-2022, 02:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lmao I love how vanquish has slowly shifted from denial to “yeah we cheated but it really didn’t give us that big an advantage!”
I don't speak for Vanquish whatsoever. I'm a casual player who quit in late 2016 and have played casually on and off since.

I associate myself much more with Inglourious Basterds, Rampage, and Awakened.

If anything, people would probably expect me to side against Vanquish, since it's basically full of Aftermath/AG people. You know, my rival guild for years.

I have never cheated, I haven't gotten an FTE since years before you started this game. I don't mean that as an insult or anything, just some perspective. I do not believe Stunningly cheats because the evidence provided is not compelling. The reductive way you guys turn a 90,000ms fight into a 50-100ms jump advantage is, to those of us who have raced Statue a lot, humorous. That race is won on the mechanics. The two snowpiles. The sharp turns. Near 100% strafe time. Not choking at the end (DA Vindi, click the door and target statue macro, click off DA).

When a guy consistently beats your guild by 2000-5000ms, and you're focusing on the 100ms jump, I think you may be a bit misguided. But that's just my opinion. I've seen videos where he could've given you guys two full seconds head start and still won comfortably. Sorry, i don't really have a dog in this fight (I've played since beta & 2016 Awakened was the best guild in this game, and it's not close) but I think there may be bigger issues at play.
Old 02-27-2022, 02:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisley [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't speak for Vanquish whatsoever. I'm a casual player who quit in late 2016 and have played casually on and off since.

If anything, people would probably expect me to side against Vanquish, since it's basically full of Aftermath/AG people. You know, my rival guild for years.

I have never cheated, I haven't gotten an FTE since years before you started this game. I don't mean that as an insult or anything, just some perspective. I do not believe Stunningly cheats because the evidence provided is not compelling. The reductive way you guys turn a 90,000ms fight into a 50-100ms jump advantage is, to those of us who have raced Statue a lot, humorous. That race is won on the mechanics. The two snowpiles. The sharp turns. Near 100% strafe time. Not choking at the end (DA Vindi, click the door and target statue macro, click off DA).

When a guy consistently beats your guild by 2000-5000ms, and you're focusing on the 100ms jump, I think you may be a bit misguided. But that's just my opinion. I've seen videos where he could've given you guys two full seconds head start and still won comfortably. Sorry, i don't really have a dog in this fight (I've played since beta & 2016 Awakened was the best guild in this game, and it's not close) but I think there may be bigger issues at play.
We wont have to focus on it when we random 1000 it, bring on the rolltation.
Old 02-27-2022, 03:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We wont have to focus on it when we random 1000 it, bring on the rolltation.
Doesn't that seem boring, though?

Competition was always a big part of classic EQ and p99. I'd rather see a different solution like 7 day mobs ONLY respawning from quakes, or something along those lines. Without the races and guild competition, it's just zerging down mobs for alt gear. At that point, why not just make one superguild so you win every roll?

I liked the NToV races and 30 min lockout rules. Yeah, it wasn't perfect, but it made for interesting risk/reward choices and the "30 minutes, 1 shot" thing made it exciting. Mess up the pull or wipe or train the enemy, you just auto-conceded. No lawyerquesting. Well, um, less lawyerquesting.

NToV races took organized groups with active facetrackers. It took bard DA's and trickery. (why yes, Aftermath, please go on ahead thru 4-way. We'll hang back.) We'd often have to decide whether or not to juke to enemy into FTEing a low prio target if smething better was in window. It took a rogue sneaking up to tag pull, and train up. Guilds were smaller so less margin for error.

In my opinion, all that stuff is worth preserving. It may not be classic, but it's Project 1999. If /random is really the best we can come up with, I guess we're getting exactly what we deserve.
Old 02-27-2022, 03:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Doesn't that seem boring, though?

Competition was always a big part of classic EQ and p99. I'd rather see a different solution like 7 day mobs ONLY respawning from quakes, or something along those lines. Without the races and guild competition, it's just zerging down mobs for alt gear. At that point, why not just make one superguild so you win every roll?

I liked the NToV races and 30 min lockout rules. Yeah, it wasn't perfect, but it made for interesting risk/reward choices and the "30 minutes, 1 shot" thing made it exciting. Mess up the pull or wipe or train the enemy, you just auto-conceded. No lawyerquesting. Well, um, less lawyerquesting.

NToV races took organized groups with active facetrackers. It took bard DA's and trickery. (why yes, Aftermath, please go on ahead thru 4-way. We'll hang back.) We'd often have to decide whether or not to juke to enemy into FTEing a low prio target if smething better was in window. It took a rogue sneaking up to tag pull, and train up. Guilds were smaller so less margin for error.

In my opinion, all that stuff is worth preserving. It may not be classic, but it's Project 1999. If /random is really the best we can come up with, I guess we're getting exactly what we deserve.
no its not, we did competition for years, time to relax
Old 02-27-2022, 06:32 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
sorry you think farming = competition, enjoy your welfare farmville pixels
I for one detest welfare pixels. Any pixel that i have that was not earned by competing with a fellow everquester i have deleted and urged others to do so as well. Tell me - were any of your items earned under welfare conditions?
Old 02-27-2022, 06:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

“My guild”? I’m not in riot or a raiding guild lol. I don’t need to be in a raiding guild to realize that your guild cheats. Especially when a vanquish member had multiple YouTube videos up ABOUT HOW TO SCRIPT RACES lol that were immediately taken down when Vanquish outed themselves by accident by posting the videos without realizing Riot was running a sting operation
Old 02-27-2022, 06:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I for one detest welfare pixels. Any pixel that i have that was not earned by competing with a fellow everquester i have deleted and urged others to do so as well. Tell me - were any of your items earned under welfare conditions?
absolutely, ill delete mine if yall delete all of your loot. still have vulak.