Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

View Poll Results: Is Stasis our savior?
Yes 6 66.67%
Yes 3 33.33%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-21-2023, 10:47 AM
Planar Protector

And for the players?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58EGadkT8TA

That's my voice about sucking dick n such, I was here when all the "red" players made it seem like FFA was the best option. When they got raped by bluebies and couldn't stack their team they quit.

This whole project needs to be burned to the ground and regrown.
Old 09-21-2023, 10:49 AM
Planar Protector

They literally quit because they werent winning in a box they tried to stack and pre group pre plan etc.

Following Low-grade narcissists is not the path to everquest greatness.

I haven't been doing much but ill do spells today I already dealt with snare/ensnare all the necro snares.

I'll deal with roots etc today.
Old 09-21-2023, 10:51 AM
Planar Protector

Not only that when the guy got banned (Nizzar) they magically all came abck to raid PVE.

LOL

If you listened to the accepted logic, you stack PVP servers to raid uncontested and act better than people you're shitting on. And if you lose, you quit and pretend you don't care.

This is not what EQ PVP is all about. Not even close. TZ the one true box, forever.
Old 09-21-2023, 12:30 PM
Planar Protector

Ok ok apparently the PVP settings are shit and not developed. And when I try to find information surprise surprise Image and Secrets being cocky faggots and not being useful at all.

So I am using RZ FFA PVP which works, enabled at level 2. No Level range but PVE is easy just avoid unwinnable fights.
Old 09-21-2023, 12:31 PM
Planar Protector

Will work on it in a bit box is UP.
Old 09-22-2023, 11:13 AM
Planar Protector

Wanted to see the state of EQPVP on other boxes. ROT has been down for 6 days? It has an average of 40 players(boxed?). So I try A EQPVP server. Seems OK download the patcher load it.

Load in my two toons. Kill 9 level 1 mobs, not even level 2. Log out. 10 people online at the time I tried.

Back to figuring out resists etc those boxes are total garbo.
Old 09-22-2023, 11:26 AM
Planar Protector

OK in the spell file if you put Minresist to 100 it doesn't land in PVP for snares and shit. So I can adjust all the spells now.

The PVPresistcap, PVPresistbase, PVPresist all don't work in the code it's just databse shit.

Big progress today boys I can fix all the MR CC shiyat.

Now I just need to figure out how to make TZ Teams PVP work.
Old 09-22-2023, 11:31 AM
Planar Protector

100 still lands sometimes rarely, made it 1000 I think that's what lures are -1000. All Magic CC will be obsolete.
Old 09-22-2023, 04:08 PM
Planar Protector

UPDATE

WorldPVPSettings don't work whatsoever, real real real unfortunate. I googled like 100 different ways asking. There was rumor you could enable each zone for PVP in the zone table(I would have) but that isn't true. I cannot find a setting in the DB.

So the only way I can make it work is PVP enabled at level 2. Which is basically everyone hands their book in at lvl 2. I tested you can still heal/buff etc. It doesnt block you off from other pc's and enables PVP, but it's FFA no level range.

I am sorry to announce my box will be FFA. I think the population of 0 won't mind but I felt important to inform the forums.

Also, Image, instead of fixing this or any of the PVP guys, the few only pvp settings are all broken in the Database. And when one other guy asked my question he's like durr now you see it's hard ot make a pvp box.

All of the PVP devs are faggots, this is the only conclusion. Thx for reading.
Old 09-22-2023, 04:15 PM
Planar Protector

Also really really good news resists are adjusted and work good.

Snare/Ensnare/Clinging/Engulfing/Dooming/Bondsofforce/Roots etc will not be landing in PVP.

They won't work in PVE either, which will feel really junky, but the PVE is pretty inconsequential and easymode so I'm hoping it doesn't ruin it. The PVPspells options do not function in the database, thx pvp devs great work over the past decade.