Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2022, 02:28 PM
Planar Protector

Who needs evidence and well-researched studies when you have braindead Republicans endlessly parroting Fox News?
Old 01-09-2022, 02:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wonder if we could use OSHA's public health authority to mandate treatment?

Might as well try it while we're mandating other things. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
California has a involuntary committal process for substance abuse, if it at the point where it is going to kill the person. My state doesn’t though

While every state has a version of involuntary committal for mental health, few do for substance abuse, even though substance abuse is considered a mental health disorder

That’s why for my fix I mention there should be an involuntary committal process everywhere for substance abuse. It would be a miserable place to work though, still better than working at a correctional facility, slightly. But the people you are helping don’t want to be there at least initially so, tough place to work. But necessary IMO
Last edited by unsunghero; 01-09-2022 at 02:33 PM..
Old 01-09-2022, 02:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravydoo II [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cause thats exactly what happened in Portugal..
https://transformdrugs.org/blog/drug...ecord-straight

A 2015 study found that the social costs of drug use in Portugal fell 12% between 2000 and 2004, and 18% by 2010. While the former figure was largely driven by the reduction in drug-related deaths, the latter was linked to a ‘significant reduction’ in costs associated with criminal proceedings for drug offences and lost income of individuals imprisoned for these offences.

So yeah.. Decriminalizing leads to less drug use, less deaths, less court costs, faster court systems, a lot of shit changes. A LOT.

Did you even know that Portugal did this..? I guess that entire country is sociopaths or believes in actual freedom? Cause locking someone up for 20 years over growing a plant in their house doesnt sound like freedom to me.
Decriminalizing is not treating. Someone still can continue to use heroin until it kills them. I do not see how decriminalizing leads to less overall drug use also

Fine for “social costs” and keeping legal fees down, not fine for the families watching their loved ones slowly kill themselves in front of them
Old 01-09-2022, 02:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Decriminalizing is not treating. Someone still can continue to use heroin until it kills them. I do not see how decriminalizing leads to less overall drug use also

Fine for “social costs” and keeping legal fees down, not fine for the families watching their loved ones slowly kill themselves in front of them
Cities seem to be fixing the problem with needle pogroms. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-09-2022, 02:57 PM
Planar Protector

Know what other country has low drug abuse? Thailand. Where they give you the death penalty for possession.

Obviously that's a bit extreme, but this notion that legalizing drugs will somehow lower rates of their use is so completely ass backward and stupid.

(Just like the notion that outlawing abortions would cause more abortions to occur, which is how this whole dumb comparison got started).
Old 01-09-2022, 03:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cities seem to be fixing the problem with needle pogroms. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ya, it’s just a fix to the blood-borne pathogens, not a fix to the disorder

Forced treatment gets into an ethical area and is very debatable and controversial

For example, why should we have forced treatment for heroin abuse but not for just being morbidly obese

What about people like Nicocado Avocado who make millions of dollars literally killing themselves by gorging on food? He’s gained like 200lbs in a few years and at the rate he’s going he’ll be dead in the next decade

And the messed up thing about it is he wears a shirt that says “It’s your fault”. And it’s true. His viewers support is partly what is killing him, by proxy
Last edited by Rogean; 04-17-2024 at 05:01 PM..
Old 01-09-2022, 03:18 PM
Planar Protector

Wow wtf, the internet is horrible.

However I will say that I've gotten many great laughs from that LA Beast guy who attempts to competitively eat things and often fails and violently projectile vomits everywhere. It's just so dumb and pointless it always makes me laugh when he starts puking. Like what the hell are you doing?
Old 01-09-2022, 03:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow wtf, the internet is horrible.

However I will say that I've gotten many great laughs from that LA Beast guy who attempts to competitively eat things and often fails and violently projectile vomits everywhere. It's just so dumb and pointless it always makes me laugh when he starts puking. Like what the hell are you doing?
Ya the way progressives act about those with wealth, I feel that way about competitive eaters and mukbangers (binge eating on camera for views)

There are people starving to death in other parts of the world and these people are gorging themselves until their stomach almost explodes and they throw up. Gluttony is a sin for a reason

I don’t even feel the same way about personal wealth because at least that can improve your health, life and the lives of others. There is no benefit to your health by gorging yourself on food, and it is very disrespectful to those that don’t have it. It’s just a complete waste of perfectly good food

Surprisingly mukbang videos being done by bodybuilders (they call it stuff like “10,000 calorie epic cheat day”) is a bigger and bigger trend in the fitness community. It’s fucked up
Old 01-09-2022, 03:34 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah and it's also mind-boggling to think about how much good food just goes to waste in grocerie stores because it doesn't sell in time. Somebody once told me grocerie stores will throw away food and cover in bleach or something so that the homeless don't dig through their dumpsters. That seems so criminal I have a hard time believing it's actually true.

Progressives hating those with wealth out of some supposed concern for the poor never makes sense to me. If poor people are no longer poor, and are able to start a business that ends up being successful, they are now an evil rich person. Exactly how much money do you have to make to transition from noble poor to evil rich guy? There's no consistency to who or what they claim to oppose. Elon Musk is doing more for humanity than an entire generation combined and all Elizabeth Warren can do is bitch about how much money he has. Like maybe if anyone earned it, he did? It's just pure envy and jealousy masquerading as concern for the poor.
Old 01-09-2022, 03:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah and it's also mind-boggling to think about how much good food just goes to waste in grocerie stores because it doesn't sell in time. Somebody once told me grocerie stores will throw away food and cover in bleach or something so that the homeless don't dig through their dumpsters. That seems so criminal I have a hard time believing it's actually true.
I think it's a liability issue. They can get sued for not putting a stop to it somehow, if someone gets sick.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread