Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Do you live in one of America's inner cities?
Yes, I live in a but I got inner city 41 18.55%
Yes, I live in a crime infested inner city 35 15.84%
Yes, I live in a burning crime infested inner city 33 14.93%
Bush burned the crime infested towers 153 69.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2017, 07:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjerry [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Donald J. Trump is President of the United States

ps: your gay
I've yet to see meaningful and compelling departures, on behalf of Donald Trump, from basic Republican policy.

What does it matter if an """outsider""" is in office if all the people he appoints to actually run the country are your every-day run-of-the-mill Washington and Wall Street kleptocrats?

Yes, we have a travel ban, that even if it weren't completely botched, would do almost nothing to fix any real problem.
Old 02-10-2017, 07:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I didn't ask about fulfilling promises, I asked about actions taken to rein in the elite. He's fulfilled a few promises, and I never denied that. Nice sales pitch for dear leader though.
eh sounds like you're moving goal posts... you see he has done plenty of "one thing"s to rein in the eleite.

What you're actually asking for is more than "one thing" you're asking for total complete rein'ing of the elite.

You're after a fictitious revolution made of good intentions.. not blood and death.

You're dream of 'reining in the elite' died in 2016

The new and only way to 'rein in the elite' will be as it has always been, one by one various policy that allow some elite to operate will be dismantled.

You can look at what Trump has done now, and say look at what Obama did by now and see very clearly, he is doing WAY more to rein in the elite than any democrat has done, ever.

He will continue to do so. I have only seen people give you example of example of 'reining in the elite" only to see you move the goal post every time in response.

Not sure you actually know what you're talking about here lune but im glad you're posting.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-10-2017, 07:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmoranis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
eh sounds like you're moving goal posts
It started here, in this post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Give me ONE ACTION his administration has performed so far to rein in the economic and political elite.
And Xaanka moved the goalposts to:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaanka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it's not about your opinion on these things you rube, it's has he fulfilled promises yes or no???
And I called him out on it, because I specifically enumerated exactly why the things he bulleted did jack shit to affect the elite.

And you're saying I moved the goalposts? Poor reading comprehension.
Old 02-10-2017, 07:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
I've yet to see meaningful and compelling departures, on behalf of Donald Trump, from basic Republican policy.

What does it matter if an """outsider""" is in office if all the people he appoints to actually run the country are your every-day run-of-the-mill Washington and Wall Street kleptocrats?

Yes, we have a travel ban, that even if it weren't completely botched, would do almost nothing to fix any real problem.
ZZZZ same nonsensical talking points from a literal Hillary voter that ignore my real position, which I know that you are aware of. You're a parrot. I would address your parroted words point by point but every time I bother you mysteriously disappear for a week.

There's no point engaging you honestly anymore, dude. If you want to have discussions with the alpha dogg you will need to reroll and stand tall instead of turning communist red every time I stomp your throat intellectually. Until then I will ad hominem you gleefully at every turn and you can debate the newcomers (which still crush you, lol).
Old 02-10-2017, 07:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmoranis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
eh sounds like you're moving goal posts... you see he has done plenty of "one thing"s to rein in the eleite.

What you're actually asking for is more than "one thing" you're asking for total complete rein'ing of the elite.

You're after a fictitious revolution made of good intentions.. not blood and death.

You're dream of 'reining in the elite' died in 2016

The new and only way to 'rein in the elite' will be as it has always been, one by one various policy that allow some elite to operate will be dismantled.

You can look at what Trump has done now, and say look at what Obama did by now and see very clearly, he is doing WAY more to rein in the elite than any democrat has done, ever.

He will continue to do so. I have only seen people give you example of example of 'reining in the elite" only to see you move the goal post every time in response.

Not sure you actually know what you're talking about here lune but im glad you're posting.
Obama did more to line the pockets of the country's wealthiest interests than anyone since Reagan, and I would have expected it even worse from Clinton. Has nothing to do with the discussion.
Old 02-10-2017, 07:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjerry [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ZZZZ same nonsensical talking points from a literal Hillary voter that ignore my real position, which I know that you are aware of. You're a parrot. I would address your parroted words point by point but every time I bother you mysteriously disappear for a week.

There's no point engaging you honestly anymore, dude. If you want to have discussions with the alpha dogg you will need to reroll and stand tall instead of turning communist red every time I stomp your throat intellectually. Until then I will ad hominem you gleefully at every turn and you can debate the newcomers (which still crush you, lol).
No I totally see where you're coming from and I don't even bother to address 90% of the inane shit that gets posted here because it ends up getting pigeonholed into the same discussion that's been had dozens of times before, which is also why I tend to disappear mid-thread, because I see ten moves ahead, and I see that it's boring.
Old 02-10-2017, 07:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
I see ten moves ahead
lucky for you sirken memory holed your election night embarrassment to kick off the "resistance". anyone who was reading this board then is loling at this post though.
Old 02-10-2017, 07:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
lucky for you sirken memory holed your election night embarrassment to kick off the "resistance". anyone who was reading this board then is loling at this post though.
You didn't predict a Trump win either, the only difference between us is your fanboyism was vindicated when it happened. What also got purged is your doubts and waffling when things started looking real bad for trump in late October after grab-em-by-the-pussy but before Podesta.
Last edited by Lune; 02-10-2017 at 07:47 PM..
Old 02-10-2017, 07:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Obama did more to line the pockets of the country's wealthiest interests than anyone since Reagan, and I would have expected it even worse from Clinton. Has nothing to do with the discussion.
In a sense you are right, you didnt say "give me one example that shows hes better at it than dems"

But what I can tell you is, you DID say give me 1 example, and you have been given at least 5 you dismiss...

Also the democrats are the yang to the republicans ying, when it comes to reigning in the elite... or theh are by "design".. you and I know they arnt.

Since the democrats set the bar at basically ZERO ATTEMPT TO rein in the elite and the left is meant to represent people, not the elite... then...

....anything better, is in fact, a good example of "reining in the elite"

If you have nothing in reality to measure your success to then you cannot measure your success.

Say for example if you ignore what the LEFT does, then you can say the right does the most for social rights than anyone else.. because you're comparing it to what? nothing. So compared to doing nothing at all to protect social rights then, yea the right does a lot for social rights.

So sorry, no, it is VERY important when discussing politics to compare the left to the right...

Otherwise you may as well change your request to, "describe to me totally hypothetical fantasies about how a goverment could be run better."
Old 02-10-2017, 07:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
You didn't predict a Trump win either, the only difference between us is your fanboyism was vindicated when it happened. What also got purged is your doubts and waffling when things started looking real bad for trump in late October.
I doubted (reasonable), but I never made definitive calls (unwarranted egotism) and wound up so humiliated that I announced my retirement (gay). You were posting election night about how loud the mariachi music was going to be.

"10 moves ahead"
Last edited by bigjerry; 02-10-2017 at 07:49 PM..
Closed Thread