Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2015, 12:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCB [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Both Luclin and PoP were objectively harder than Velious at the group level, the raid level, and with what was available at the solo level.

This argument makes no sense.
If you read this thread, you will find I said the raid content was challenging and good. But specifically, the travel and AA system especially gave players too much gameplay power.

The game was getting quite easy, if you were already in a platinum level raiding guild, which I am guessing you were not. The content was time-consuming, not hard.

And tossing tons of hp on a mob does not = harder. It just = moar timesink. Which they needed, since they were making the players overpowered.
Old 04-12-2015, 12:43 PM
Fire Giant

I find it funny that so many people mention bazaar ruining interaction, when as it stands with the wiki and auction trackers..it is essentially a bazaar without having a trader mode on..very little interaction..

Player A: What are you asking for X item?
Player B: Wiki has it at Y price
Player A: Ok

...how is that different..shrug
Old 04-12-2015, 12:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How dare you take it back; TAKE IT BACK THIS ONCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]:m ad:[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
rofl sorry I cant, I'm just a Karanas man.
Old 04-12-2015, 02:51 PM
Fire Giant

I'm guessing we won't see Luclin for one major reason:

the server staff has no interest in it.
Old 04-12-2015, 02:57 PM
Fire Giant

monk tears during luckin filled new oceans
Old 04-12-2015, 04:35 PM
Aviak

Why not play velious before bitching about why Luclin isn't out ?
Old 04-12-2015, 05:00 PM
Sarnak

Overall, Luclin wasn't that bad. It had a lot of good content:
- Katta vs Seru
- That war thing you had to do to get smithing components
- Maidens Eye had some nice, but not overpowering, 1 group camps
- Umbral was nice for casters to solo at
- The Deep was a fun zone with good camps
- Ssra was amazing
- Akheva and Acrylia were pretty fun
- Emp keying was not THAT bad, but the bane weapons for him were stupid

There was a lot to do and keep busy with. However, the end zone sucked. Vex Thal shards were not that different from Veeshan's Peak medallions, but Vex Thal itself completely sucked. Mobs had way too many HP and clearing it took way longer than it should have. If you started raiding at 4, you'd be lucky to be done by midnight and if you left the Aten goos up, some guild that was on another continent would clear them before you woke up.

Honestly, AAs were nice, but they set the stage for when they made content that you had to have AA for. I.e. in PoP, good luck killing most elemental stuff without MGB heals. I think that was the stupidest thing ever. AA shouldn't be mandatory, they should've been more "helpful, but not necessary"
Old 04-12-2015, 05:11 PM
Large Rat

It will sort itself out.

If enough people want Luclin or PoP an emulator will pop up that will offer that and those people will go play there.
Old 04-12-2015, 05:20 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necabo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I had two problems with Luclin. First, it was the beginning of the end for the porting business. I understand that people had to wait for the spires to activate, but part of the challenge of Everquest was mobility, if you chose to play a class that had limited options.

Second, the bazaar destroyed the East Commonlands trade. We can haggle over prices in East Commonlands, and it's more true-to-life as far as the idea of not having all items available at all times to buy.
Particularly pertaining to point 2. Most of the people against baz and luclin in general look at things through rose colored glasses.

Most of us aren't kids/teenagers anymore. We don't have 6 hours to spend sitting in EC tunnel anymore waiting for that one guy selling the item we want to log on. Baz enabled us to see if the item we wanted was for sale, buy it and leave.
Old 04-12-2015, 05:32 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by gildor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I find it funny that so many people mention bazaar ruining interaction, when as it stands with the wiki and auction trackers..it is essentially a bazaar without having a trader mode on..very little interaction..

Player A: What are you asking for X item?
Player B: Wiki has it at Y price
Player A: Ok

...how is that different..shrug
It doesn't 'ruin' interaction, it removes interaction.

It's different because in one case there is interaction, and in the other there is not. The bazaar is like going to a store; you either pay the listed price, or you don't buy it. EC tunnel opens the opportunity for haggling and bartering.

It is not essentially a bazaar without having a trader mode on. You just aren't keen enough to sense the different implications between the two.
Closed Thread