Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2018, 09:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilena [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LC also gives a small up and coming guild the ability to put gear where it really counts to push through increasingly more difficult content. While it's not "fair" that the main tank(s), dps, and clerics get geared out quicker than anyone else... It certainly makes it possible to kill harder targets faster. If you start with DKP the loot distribution is certainly more "fair" but handing out a single piece of loot to everyone in the guild before one person gets a second piece it's going to take longer to progress than if you quickly gear up your tanks/healers/rogues/etc.

Then of course the bigger you get the more of a clusterfuck LC becomes and the more appealing DKP becomes. So I think LC to start with transition into DKP is the powerplay. Preferably after all officer alts are geared of course.
rogue gear is extremely pointless other than primals.

cleric gear, too. adding 1 more cleric is more valuable than 3 months of farming.

hope this helps!
Old 04-30-2018, 10:19 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylan295 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don’t think I was tagged for when this happened, but Lano for President.
God forbid a nice human being get rewarded for being a nice human being. Guy would be 60 ten times over if he wasn’t always donating his time to help others. 9 out of 10 PS members owe their levi cloak to him.
Old 04-30-2018, 10:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lmao so true

Nothing like loot council to saturate your raid force with necro and druid mains bc mains get priority

With DKP you can show up on your useful raid toon and bid your your cuck alt

Fucking retards
she's 2/3 wrong so she's dumber than 3/5ths ppls
Old 05-01-2018, 01:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorndogJr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
BDA needs to come back to P99 so Lord Bob can have a guild to consistently shit on.
That's why you won't see them [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-01-2018, 06:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's why you won't see them [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
BDA has proven they suck whether content is rotated or contested. They sucked here, they sucked on Progression servers.
Old 05-01-2018, 06:26 AM
Orc

Naww not to much druid love in PS LC, i had to try wayyy to hard to get an item such as Elder Spirits off 40th track (Sold for Guildbank) . Let alone win a LC on non-druid only item. But i am not sour like i said previously any participation in a loot council guild such as PS, and like any other guild out here is voluntary. And i sure did't leave the guild because i didn't receive and item. I didn't expect to win said item (I expected someone whos name starts with a G to be up for this one HONESTLY) , i left because of WHO won said item. Being in a system with no control and losing 3 large LC items in a row to the same individual in a relatively short period of time. Call me and others a loot whore all you would like, and laugh. That sure is convent i guess. I dont deny the position im taking is one of entitlement sure i can admit that in some part. Im sure some of you know who i am and i will tell you my best item left from parting is the many good memories. ( Oh Shiz and the track bp i click it daily even tho some may not see the value.)

For my time in the guild LC worked pretty well for the mostt part.... Killing with a great smaller core of people you get to know them well. In an environment such as it was back then a system like this can work much more efficiently. At the end of the day only those in the guild really need care about the system. Good Luck Paradigm Shift on recent big killz and gratz on the AG PS kill tonight ! We used to joke about how a good RNF is just how you know you have hit the "scene" as a way of putting it. This is my 2nd rants and flames post ever so.... not sure if its fun? i think not? Can i Win... No never not in RNF.... It could be said once you enter RNF nobody wins :P . Its easy to Rant and Flame, but i am sure some of you know how much work these "loot systems" take i have not done it personally , but let me say its a thankless job and should not be perceived as a easy task . I way always happy to see other very deserving members beat me on items, but you know the 3 peat... ya know the first time then he heating up then hes on FIRE and you cant stop someone once they are on fire if NBA jam taught you annnything comeon.

Treelord - If you dont know mee oooooo well enjoy! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-01-2018, 07:01 AM
Orc

Correct me if im wrong but Paradigm Shift as a guild was founded because of Loot dispute, not unlike this one. Where they or we all loot whores? where they or are we crying about loot. In this Way you Can see things go full circle i am sure Sheys? can respect the irony.
Old 05-01-2018, 10:03 AM
Fire Giant

I don't think having a DKP system would have really changed any of this. Whatever can be said of officer loot distribution in PS... The majority of the officers are also the core of the raid force. Attending pretty much every raid would result in higher DKP anyway unless they are just constantly spending it picking up items (which doesn't seem to be the case).

Also to my previous comments about loot... Certainly if you have unlimited bodies to kill any given target the loot distribution matters less. More dps/healers is likely more effective than better geared dps/healers. When numbers are limited though it seems like having gear based improvements where it matters most has the biggest potential impact. *shrug*
Old 05-01-2018, 10:39 AM
Aviak

There are issues with both systems imo. The best system I have been a part of was a simple dkp system where every item has a set price and the person who has the highest total dkp that put in for the item wins it for a specific price.
Old 05-01-2018, 11:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, Rampage had a loot council. Can't say it worked out for everyone, but it definately worked out for me. When one guild gets every loot in Velious a new warrior can end up with 20+ raid items looted in 3 months. #goodoldays
Rampage also kept track of DKP, which made most of the decisions easier (and quantifiable) and much more transparent, as members could see the same information the officers were using to make the decisions.

I think the main reason loot council worked well in Rampage was simply because of the sheer amount of loot rampage got.
Closed Thread