Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2013, 03:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Loraen your anti-variance crusade is both righteous and amusing. Occasional repops can be good, but would ultimately be time biased. There is no point to having repops until the ability to camp inside of raid zones is removed.
Should just make it so that if you log in after camping out in a raid zone, it treats you as if you've just been rezzed. Would give a huge disadvantage to parking toons.
Old 12-27-2013, 03:01 PM
Planar Protector

I personally am more interested in seeing guilds like Europa, Azure Guard, other smaller/newer/off-hours guilds get attempts at killing mobs than I am in seeing that BDA and/or Taken get regular kills.
Old 12-27-2013, 03:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I personally am more interested in seeing guilds like Europa, Azure Guard, other smaller/newer/off-hours guilds get attempts at killing mobs than I am in seeing that BDA and/or Taken get regular kills.
I can assure you, BDA feels this way about TMO.
Old 12-27-2013, 03:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Loraen your anti-variance crusade is both righteous and amusing. Occasional repops can be good, but would ultimately be time biased. There is no point to having repops until the ability to camp inside of raid zones is removed.
Heheheh you should read Slave's posts [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But yes, I think we need to do something about all the alts. Here is one random suggestion: Count the number of 55+ characters logged into by each IP, and dock them some XP. Say 1 xp death for each toon over one. So:
  • Yendor: one toon, no change
  • Loraen/Sakuragi: two toons, each eat one XP death (15%)
  • Jeremy/Bruce/Gangstalicious: three toons, each eats two XP deaths (30%)

Voila, if you wanna keep a raid force logged out at targets you get to pay the price. If you want to have multiple alts, that's no problem at all: just pick which one you want to play one week and rotate them.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 12-27-2013, 03:06 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Should just make it so that if you log in after camping out in a raid zone, it treats you as if you've just been rezzed. Would give a huge disadvantage to parking toons.
I like this idea but I fear it would be too easily cheese'd / disruptive to the zone
Old 12-27-2013, 03:06 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Heheheh you should read Slave's posts [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But yes, I think we need to do something about all the alts. Here is one random suggestion: Count the number of 55+ characters logged into by each IP, and dock them some XP. Say 1 xp death for each toon over one. So:
  • Yendor: one toon, no change
  • Loraen/Sakuragi: two toons, each eat one XP death (15%)
  • Jeremy/Bruce/Gangstalicious: three toons, each eats two XP deaths (30%)

Voila, if you wanna keep a raid force logged out at targets you get to pay the price.

If you want to have multiple alts, that's no problem at all: just pick which one you want to play one week and rotate them.
Poor Snackromancer!
Old 12-27-2013, 03:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
I don't see what the big deal would be for non-raiders to not camp out in Seb or KC. I'm sure there would be some cross-fire, but it would be minimal
Cheating it would be too easy to the point of it not serving a real purpose. Just log next zone over and rush - delays the engage by a minute or 2 but still goes to the same guilds more than likely
Old 12-27-2013, 03:11 PM
Planar Protector

Hehehe there are a few people on the server whose habits would dramatically change. And I do love Snackies.

But I don't think anyone can't say that such a rule would not really help things. It would give people an incentive not to gear up their 4th alts, and it might reduce the alt armies camped at targets, although maybe people would just level around it given the overall level of dedication here.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 12-27-2013, 03:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ungriim [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cheating it would be too easy to the point of it not serving a real purpose. Just log next zone over and rush - delays the engage by a minute or 2 but still goes to the same guilds more than likely
I don't know, it'd make Trak and VS both a real race, what with Gore in DL. CT would be interesting once the DT cycles go off and people can't camp them off without crippling their raid force, there's definite potential for interference there.

Just spitballing. Could limit the rez effects to anyone camped out that's 58+ to minimize disruption to people exping in the zone, maybe 50+ for Naggy and Vox. The idea probably doesn't have legs though, seeing as how unclassic it is and how much it would impose on the devs to implement it.
Old 12-27-2013, 03:21 PM
Sarnak

Sarius we used to do Trak with full raid force COTH races back in the day before ledge camping. VS is easy to train down and then just AE stun/mez the train, we used to do it with bards when bard song was broken - before the rule to kill VS in room, but same idea.

Inny is exactly the same as normal - Taken camps out there now but normally its a FTE race to pull to zone in.

CT would be hilarious, I didnt think about camping out for the DT cycles

Any outdoor dragon it would do nothing to. Bard still sits on spawn and eye pulls/selo's with 20% life np, rest of raid force zones over