Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2014, 08:39 PM
Developer

Currently its doing 1% min chance to break charm per tick. Was thinking of scaling at 1% for even con down to 0% at mob level/4. So at 0 its based on cha and resists.

H
Old 08-04-2014, 10:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Currently its doing 1% min chance to break charm per tick. Was thinking of scaling at 1% for even con down to 0% at mob level/4. So at 0 its based on cha and resists.

H
so even when things are debuffed now ( current version we are using ) , the 1% always stands at 1%?

that would explain why so many complaints from shamans/enchanters about debuffed mobs
Old 08-04-2014, 10:08 AM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so even when things are debuffed now ( current version we are using ) , the 1% always stands at 1%?

that would explain why so many complaints from shamans/enchanters about debuffed mobs
Yes. And you gave me a brilliant idea on how to add the debuff component to try and fix.

Hard to fix root/charm without breaking something else.

H
Old 08-05-2014, 03:37 AM
Sarnak

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I agree this is a major issue with how things are now, I literally notice no difference when de-buffing beyond initial resist rate. De-buffing mob should lower the chance of roots/charms breaking. I am not against having some chance to break even while de-buffed but it should be a fraction of what it is today.

Fighting multiple LB(now green)/lowest blues and I am having major issues keeping multiples rooted. Just too many 1/2/3 tick breaks. It really makes the later roots pointless; slower cast, higher mana, no real benefit of longer duration because you can no longer rely on even getting more then 1 tick out of it, were back to root spamming with enstill.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

P.S. I know Haynar is working on this though, and I trust he will get it right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes. And you gave me a brilliant idea on how to add the debuff component to try and fix.

Hard to fix root/charm without breaking something else.

H
Quote:
It was 1:100. I coded to change to 1:200, when spell doesnt have (-) resist check. So coming soon.

I ran many tests and resists were rare. And everyone who saw a resist has run here whining.
Old 08-05-2014, 09:24 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:

H
I don't understand ;/

The duration of Root/Charm should be set when the initial spell is cast on the NPC.

It shouldn't calculate a break on each tic.

With my previous post I don't think I was very clear with the Debuff additional chance.

If you debuff something resist still will scale -- Like NPC 30 MR, 30% to resist -- NPC 20 MR, 20% to resist

If NPC resist falls below 0 should get additional to not resist I think

Like NPC 0 MR -- 2% to resist or something depending on level difference
Old 08-05-2014, 11:49 AM
Banned

Quote:

H
Keep in mind we didn't see charming like this during live until dire charm became prevalent.

It is WAY too reliable and ez mode here, like almost to the point every charm is a dire charm. Coupled with nearly guaranteed channeling in my experience, its just a little too WAY OP (and not classic btw, get yo game face on -> sig).
Old 08-05-2014, 11:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Keep in mind we didn't see charming like this during live until dire charm became prevalent.

It is WAY too reliable and ez mode here, like almost to the point every charm is a dire charm. Coupled with nearly guaranteed channeling in my experience, its just a little too WAY OP (and not classic btw, get yo game face on -> sig).
id argue that some enchanters make it 'seem' too easy bc they are always well prepared for a charm break with the proper stuns, quick mes, bedlam/rune, root nets, etc etc etc etc

back in the day people just tossed a charm on things and thought it was 'cool' then went about their group or whatever pretty casually

but now getting off topic

pras Haynar, hopefully his adjustments will be more in line with classic mechanics for resists etc
Old 08-05-2014, 12:02 PM
Planar Protector

Do you even charm lol?

I have a 60 Druid and 34 enchanter. If I try to channel a charm on enchanter without stunning or mezzing, it's a solid 60-80% chance I don't channel if I'm standing not against a wall. This is for non-hasted, non-weaponized mobs. For those, forget about channeling.

Charms break just fine on mobs that are blue-red cons. Red cons are a total crapshoot and break very early very often. Mobs yellow-high blue will break pretty regularly. Low blues stick for awhile, and are pretty reliable to last full duration if you tash and/or Malo them.

Green cons should stay charmed full duration basically every time. Even still I had a high green break on my 60 Druid after 12 seconds yesterday... If anything those should not be breaking much at all and certainly not that quickly.

This is all pretty classic. Charming mobs 5-10~ levels lower than you and they are pretty damn reliable. If they are close to your level they break more often. It works like this now.
Old 08-05-2014, 12:45 PM
Developer

I will make charming greens work better. I am working on this.

H
Old 08-05-2014, 12:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you even charm lol?

I have a 60 Druid and 34 enchanter. If I try to channel a charm on enchanter without stunning or mezzing, it's a solid 60-80% chance I don't channel if I'm standing not against a wall. This is for non-hasted, non-weaponized mobs. For those, forget about channeling.

Charms break just fine on mobs that are blue-red cons. Red cons are a total crapshoot and break very early very often. Mobs yellow-high blue will break pretty regularly. Low blues stick for awhile, and are pretty reliable to last full duration if you tash and/or Malo them.

Green cons should stay charmed full duration basically every time. Even still I had a high green break on my 60 Druid after 12 seconds yesterday... If anything those should not be breaking much at all and certainly not that quickly.

This is all pretty classic. Charming mobs 5-10~ levels lower than you and they are pretty damn reliable. If they are close to your level they break more often. It works like this now.
Ya and charming a dark blue at lvl 60 (even in plane of fear for instance) is np. We would roll like 3 druids charming monkeys in fear on red farming. That is in no way, shape or form a recreation of the classic experience. These were lvl 50 druids too. That charm should have resisted basically every time and never lasted more than 30 seconds (they were tashed, big f'in deal).
Closed Thread