Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 12:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bears [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sirken was the magician named Fonzorelli, Erudite magician iirc. Some part of the HECK alliance prior to being in Zephyros iirc.
Awww you ruined it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Red99
Old 03-24-2014, 12:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bears [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sirken was the magician named Fonzorelli, Erudite magician iirc. Some part of the HECK alliance prior to being in Zephyros iirc.
What were the Windsors names? I can't remember the douchey half elf warrior that maintanked.
Old 03-24-2014, 01:05 AM
Banned

staff is out of touch with reality if they think lowering the exp in any way without immediately backing it up with a different kind of exp bonus(proposed group bonus) is a good idea and good for the community

unless of course this is just some veiled way of saying that a dead community is better than red99's current community, in which i would say bravo for your wit and humor sirken/derubael and burn this abomination down asap
Old 03-24-2014, 01:06 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colgate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
staff is out of touch with reality if they think lowering the exp in any way without immediately backing it up with a different kind of exp bonus(proposed group bonus) is a good idea and good for the community

unless of course this is just some veiled way of saying that a dead community is better than red99's current community, in which i would say bravo for your wit and humor sirken/derubael and burn this abomination down asap
there is apparently some sort of horrifying story behind this Sirken won't share.
Old 03-24-2014, 01:12 AM
Banned

Server pop is the little guy banging on the glass, like HEY ROGE, CAN WE HAVE A LITTLE LOVE OVER HERE, HEY LOOK AT US!?! And then...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHae-jr30X0#t=13
Old 03-24-2014, 01:17 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squire [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
there is apparently some sort of horrifying story behind this Sirken won't share.
the horrifying story is that rogean said that the box will be shut down in x months and that they're trying to phase out the population by griefing them off the server with god awful exp rates instead of losing the idea that their servers have integrity and don't get wiped/shut down

shutting down a dead server doesn't look as bad
Old 03-24-2014, 01:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colgate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the horrifying story is that rogean said that the box will be shut down in x months and that they're trying to phase out the population by griefing them off the server with god awful exp rates instead of losing the idea that their servers have integrity and don't get wiped/shut down

shutting down a dead server doesn't look as bad
What happened was Rogean called the staff together at his house, and they were about to begin when the doorbell rang. Sirken got up to get the pizza, for they had ordered lunch, such was the volume and enormity of their plans to save Red99. He opened the door and it was no pizza man at all, instead it was a chinaman with an uzi! He kicked Sirken aside and yelled, "Hah! You think you fool Boss Fong by using P99 donations to launder the Yakuza's money, but Boss Fong is no fool, prepare to die!" You see, Rogean once washed money for the Triads, but switched to the Poison Fist of the Orient when they offered him a better return.

The men at the table winced, expecting to be sprayed with bullets, but Sirken rose from behind, pulled a table leg out, and bludgeoned the triad hitman to death. It was at this precise moment that the Papa John's delivery man did arrive at the door. Well he can't be bought off, so Sirken murdered him too.

They then dragged both men into the bathroom and cut their bodies up. At this time Deru had to google directions to a New Jersey forest to dispose of the bodies. Rogean dipped his cheseeburger pizza into the garlic sauce and said, "welp, better nerf exp in the mean time, then we can implement an exp bonus that will lead to a newbie utopia. Crushbone will be a land of plentiful pvp!" They buried the bodies thirty miles southwest of Trenton.
Old 03-24-2014, 01:28 AM
Planar Protector

I am Shawn Woolley - I faked my own death and have been hiding in the Pitcairn Islands playing p99 twenty-three hours a day the last four years.
Old 03-24-2014, 01:30 AM
Planar Protector

You see. Rogean directed the Malaysia Airlines flight to his private island so he can use it run dope out of Colombia. The damn passengers wouldn't go down without a fight, though, and now he and Sirken gotta cut all those bodies up and dump them in random spots in the Pacific.

Hang tight, red pals, the exp group bonus going to be worth it!
Old 03-24-2014, 01:33 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you guys need to chill out. i promise as soon as devs are like "ok its done" we're gonna tell you all you the things. but holy shit, some of you cry so god damned hard about every little thing, every single time, and it just gets old. i understand that you guys love EQ, and whether you want to admit it, you love R99. i dont think you guys would get so angry or passionate about things, if you didn't care. we aren't ignoring you, we just don't get off on repeating ourselves. we've already stated changes are coming, and that we would announce them as soon as we could. and that means exactly that, we aren't going to talk about them until we can. we cant say anything before it's ready because our devs are not on a set schedule and we don't wanna say X Y and Z are gonna happen... but not sure when. or put out a date on something and fail to make that date. or say we are gonna do X! but then learn we can only do Y. (pretend there's a "themoreyouknow.jpg" here for immersion purposes if u need pictures, im very busy atm and can't be bothered to insert it myself)

fact is, players needed to get off that easyxp addiction because it did nothing to help the servers community. and i know its really hard to go cold turkey, but in all honesty its better to get it over with and be done with it. the previous xp model did nothing to give incentives or perks for grouping, it did nothing to build a community, and it basically assured that if u came to this server on your own, you better play a class that can solo because you were gonna be on your own til about 46ish. no one on staff expects things to change over night, thats silly. but we all agree that if we are ever going to have a full range community, we must first ensure the building blocks are in place for players to successfully build that community. the previous xp model is just simply not the path that will take us where we need to go.

<3
Sirks

I can agree with all of this. Sirken you da man. All you pussies need to stop qqing and start pew pewing. Shits not that hard...