Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 04:49 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Writ3r [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The fact this game is as old as it is and has been emulated this long for this particular server makes the majority of you look incredibly stupid for not knowing how it all works and is supposed to work by now.
I started playing here 2 weeks ago. I think I went through quite a lot of information from this forum and elsewhere, trying to get up to date as much as I could. I haven't seen any specific rules about not looting from mobs you didn't kill. If there is one, please point it out to me.

With boxing not allowed, why would they make it ok to log out and relog an alt camped close?

Everquest was a game of cooperation and common sense when I left 12 years ago. It really changed that much?
Old 05-06-2014, 04:53 PM
Aviak

Here's a rule:

If you think what you're about to do is going to make you look like a dick, don't do it.
Old 05-06-2014, 04:53 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varsha [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I started playing here 2 weeks ago. I think I went through quite a lot of information from this forum and elsewhere, trying to get up to date as much as I could. I haven't seen any specific rules about not looting from mobs you didn't kill. If there is one, please point it out to me.

With boxing not allowed, why would they make it ok to log out and relog an alt camped close?

Everquest was a game of cooperation and common sense when I left 12 years ago. It really changed that much?
That is what the original OP was asking, and I think most people are saying it's fair game at that point, though you can certainly be a jerk about it in some places when you know for a fact that you're absconding with someone's hard work.
<Divinity>
Old 05-06-2014, 04:55 PM
Planar Protector

Ok I missed like 5 pages of posts and I don't understand how this is still going. You kill it you loot it, you don't kill it don't loot it.

Surely our efforts would be better spent speculating on who rmt'd, or what counts as stalling a raid mob. Get it together folks.
Old 05-06-2014, 05:09 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaskillz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You kill it you loot it, you don't kill it don't loot it.
THERE IS A TIMER ON THE CORPSE --- WHERE does it says that we cant loot it if its rotting? If there is a clear rule, please link it . Otherwise its just down to common sense and not being a dick.

Yes I want to loot all the rotting corpse around if its trash to others or if theres no one around. It means items to vendor, money to buy spells, spells to help the groups and eventually help ANYONE faster, sooner and better.

I simply rather sell the junk and eventually give it back to the community (by lvling faster so I can rez and help people around) than letting random lonely corpses feeding their junk to the great Rot God. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-06-2014, 05:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varsha [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
THERE IS A TIMER ON THE CORPSE --- WHERE does it says that we cant loot it if its rotting? If there is a clear rule, please link it . Otherwise its just down to common sense and not being a dick.

Yes I want to loot all the rotting corpse around if its trash to others or if theres no one around. It means items to vendor, money to buy spells, spells to help the groups and eventually help ANYONE faster, sooner and better.

I simply rather sell the junk and eventually give it back to the community (by lvling faster so I can rez and help people around) than letting random lonely corpses feeding their junk to the great Rot God. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is that not enough?
Old 05-06-2014, 05:20 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by lecompte [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ftfy so you don't seem like an arrogant ass.

Can we move this to RnF yet? I'm getting a little testy.
wow your stupid

might wanna understand what someone is typing before you start calling them an arrogant ass there champ
Old 05-06-2014, 05:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallikus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Excellent post.
Nice info, which frankly should be stuck on the wiki somewhere and not buried mid thread in the middle of an old post.

/thread
<Divinity>
Old 05-06-2014, 05:23 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallikus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
VT is killed every week.
VT drops a book for enchanter epic.

Severilous is killed every week.
Severilous drops green scales for the warrior epic.

When Severilous spawns, do you think any guild asks the random warrior in zone if he was camping it before they call in their raid force?

The answer is no. This server is the way it is. It will not change. Join a guild that fights for FTE for mobs for their members or don't.

Rules for looting is completely separate. If you kill the mob (with proper FTE) you own the loot rights, end of discussion. Only a petition to a GM can change that fact.

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...619#post489619

in that link, Rogaen specifically states the difference between raiding and ninja looting having nothing to do with each other. Raid disputes is a raid policy discussion. Ninja looting is a server rule and if broken is punishable for that individual.

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...0&postcount=19

Xasten's confirmation of the rulings with no further disputes.

Anyways, deadlycupcakes keeps trying to bring up things like morals, even-steven, or two wrongs type arguments. Doesn't matter on this server. There are rules. If caught abusing said rules there are consequences.

It doesn't matter that BDA assembled a force and engaged first in legit fashion. The server rules support this. What matters is that the ninja looter did violate a server rule, and that rule violation was caught and there were repurcussions.

The exact same thing would happen to anyone looting anything that they did not kill. Lowered expectations for smaller scenarios would come into question for punishments (like I doubt a gm is gonna ban a newb for lootin a rusty spear off a decaying skeleton corpse when the corpse opens, but action will be taken on lvl 60 mob corpses).
/thread

But most of us don't possess the necessary neural connections to comprehend that, so, please continue.

As Cecily more eloquently posted, you are absolutely free to disagree, but you are not allowed to act surprised when you get banned.
Old 05-06-2014, 05:25 PM
Planar Protector

Haynar posted this in the original thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Total BS and you know it.

If not your kill, and killer chooses to let it rot, then it rots.

This isn't EQlive.

And for each person that thinks its ok to ninja loot, knock urself out. I hope they ban all your accounts.
So a developer has spoken. So it is written, so it shall be done.
Closed Thread